Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Lightbulb A "not-so-useless" suggestion

It happens "not-so-rarely" that a window about formed LFG or social invites pops up and you accidentally press enter or leave queue (or join, accept, whatever...) just because you clicked on the same field of the button or you pressed ESC for other reasons.

The simple idea is to make those buttons grey (inactive) for 1 single second or 2. It would be enough!

What do you think?
    Last edited by mmoc0b7825fa66; 2014-01-17 at 09:09 PM.

Either that, or a confirmation window on decline would work too imo.

Agreed. This has happened to be so many times with group invites especially. You use esc for a lot of things like getting to the options or cancelling a spell or whatever.

I've never accidentally been clicking in just the right spot when a popup appears, but simply making ESC unable to cancel those kinds of popups would solve the problem for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klausk View Post
    Either that, or a confirmation window on decline would work too imo.
    I don't agree about giving more clicks to do. A simple second delay would be perfect I'm sure

10+ Year Old Account
    At least an interface option would be nice. This is a pretty frustrating problem people don't realize exists until it happens to them. It isn't the end of the world but it can be quite frustrating.

really you'd think the odds of the queue popping just as you press escape to bring up the menu would be pretty slim, yet it seems to happen to me an awful lot. it'd also be nice for the queues to not pop just before a long loading screen (my pc is old and I use too many addons, but I'm poor and dependant on mods) and timeout before it finishes

10+ Year Old Account
    When this happens, it's so rare that I don't think it justifies having some security protocol. Not saying it doesn't happen, but if this happens more than 10 times a year to you, chances are you're just a cluck.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    When this happens, it's so rare that I don't think it justifies having some security protocol. Not saying it doesn't happen, but if this happens more than 10 times a year to you, chances are you're just a cluck.
    Dont under-considerate these little problems that can be fixed at 0 development cost :P

Interesting suggestion. Can't say its an issue for me, but if enough people claim it as such I'm sure they would consider a solution.
    You would do best to post on the actual forums though. If its a viable concern you may get a blue tag, and then more people will see the issue and leave their feedback. At that point, if it seems like a real concern maybe Blizzard will notice it as one!

Greying out the button for 2 seconds or so sounds like the perfect solution. I've pressed ESC too many times already just when a prompt popped up.

EDIT: I'm 98% certain that this thread will be read by a Blizzard CM or developer (say hello please!). And they themselves say that "/sign" threads where just people agree with each other don't help them at all, they look at the suggestion for what it is. At least that's what they say...
    Last edited by reckoner04; 2014-01-17 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    Dont under-considerate these little problems that can be fixed at 0 development cost :P
    ANY coding still takes developer time.

You could use the clickable button in the bottom right to bring up the interface menu, as well.

Or when you hit escape to open the menu THE MOMENT you get an invite and it cancels it. Ugh.

EDIT: I should read the OP before posting lol
    Last edited by shoc; 2014-01-17 at 11:25 PM.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Or when you hit escape to open the menu THE MOMENT you get an invite and it cancels it. Ugh.
    I think that's what they're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyina View Post
    ANY coding still takes developer time.
    This one, though, would likely take about five minutes after finding the code to implement their default "grey pause" then another five to test it.

Problem is figuring out who gets stuck with that duty and when they want it done.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

To be honest, if anyone knows an addon developer I KNOW this can be fixed via addon, which would mean no one has to pester Blizzard, I may ask around and check curse for someone, I have had this happen too many times :P

I guess I'm not the only one who finds a safe spot to do absolutely nothing in when I approach my estimated time in queue.

Good G.U.I. design has consistency and also works in safe guards. Accidentally leaving a Battleground is annoying when trying to view the Scoreboard, and accidently leaving the Queue is just as much a pain in the ass. Moving the buttons over, or having a confirmation on leaving the Battlegrounds would be nice.

Good idea, thats happened to me more than once.

Deleted
    We need this suggestion to be implemented! MMOChampion must feature this! :P