Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    unless they've fallen way behind schedule it needs to be early feb at the latest. They need to have the game released by end of summer, like August/September at the latest. They will already have a massive decline in subs waiting that long, any longer could be catastrophic. Ok, doomsday theory is probably overkill lol. But I'm going to guess they are on a decent pace and beta will start as another suggested first week of Feb and then only 4-5 months of beta and game releases early to mid July. Maybe a little optimistic, but that's my hopeful guess.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothan View Post
    unless they've fallen way behind schedule it needs to be early feb at the latest. They need to have the game released by end of summer, like August/September at the latest. They will already have a massive decline in subs waiting that long, any longer could be catastrophic. Ok, doomsday theory is probably overkill lol. But I'm going to guess they are on a decent pace and beta will start as another suggested first week of Feb and then only 4-5 months of beta and game releases early to mid July. Maybe a little optimistic, but that's my hopeful guess.
    You're kidding right?

September would be 12 months of SoO, raids usually have a lifespan of 5 months before people start to get them on true "farm status."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    You're kidding right?

September would be 12 months of SoO, raids usually have a lifespan of 5 months before people start to get them on true "farm status."
    Yeah I know, that's why I said it needs to release by end of summer and they are running out of time. WoW can't afford another year long, or even near year long, final tier of an expansion. MoP beta was long compared to previous ones, lasting 6 months between beta start and live game release. But that beta started March and game released in September. Can't afford that kind of timeline for WoD. Even best case scenario at this point is SoO needing to last another 4-5 months which is really pushing it. But I think Blizzard knows this and is going to push to get things out the door asap. More "soon" than their usual "soon".

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hm..let's see. SoO, released Beginning of September. We now are 4,5 months in. 282 guilds have killed HM 14/14, 13100 guilds have 14/14 normal.

What defines "people start to get them on true farm status"
    Personally I would say based of normal kills, since that applies to more of the players than heroic. But Blizzard seems to like having everyone be able to have a shot at heroic in the last tier in an expansion, like DS, and apparently ICC before that.

my date for beta is jan 28 if not sooner

10+ Year Old Account
    January 27th - 31st 2014 Any time next week.
    (Yes, I'm kinda cheating)
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

First or second week of February.

Really hoping early February. A June/July release would be fantastic because I'm off work during that time.

Deleted
    28th of January, 4th of February, 11th of February.
    The latter seems most likely, but that's where I'd draw the line of a summer release. If the beta starts in March, we can forget about June.

January 28th or February 4th. (With a July release.)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Soon (TM).

In February

- - - Updated - - -

Hm..let's see. SoO, released Beginning of September. We now are 4,5 months in. 282 guilds have killed HM 14/14, 13100 guilds have 14/14 normal.

Problem is at this point most guilds, whatever boss they are working on likely involves over 100 wipes. You just can't do that for a long period of time. Combined with killing Immerseus for 20th time getting beyond boring.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soon (TM).

In February

- - - Updated - - -

When they no longer run the raid for enjoyment, they are running it solely for upgrades.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Problem is at this point most guilds, whatever boss they are working on likely involves over 100 wipes. You just can't do that for a long period of time. Combined with killing Immerseus for 20th time getting beyond boring.
    Also this. Really, if SoO drags on much longer than April without any real signs WoD is soon, subs will start to tank.

Doesn't need to be out soon, but a date for the release by May 1st would go a long way toward stopping the damage.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Barring something unforeseen I expect that the Beta realms will be prepared for WoD next week, or the week after at the latest with invites coming soon after. Blizzard made their opt into beta statement.

Now Blizzard has said they were going to do another PvP season. This has no baring whatsoever on how long it will be till WoD comes out. Why they are doing this is to tide over a segment of the population with the least amount of resources necessary, and to bring the honor PvP gear a little closer to the ilvl of PvE gear as the stat squish will be felt harder, and the tuning for the 90-91 lvl zones will be easier for players in a tighter range of ilvls.

Blizzard has also stated they are going to be testing some features on the PTR. This spreads out the workload a bit as new content can be tested in Beta, and the systems, features can be tested in PTR.

Blizzard put Titan on hold. WoW has the largest development team ever. This means that builds can be prepared, pushed, and tested a lot faster.

I anticipate this timeline as follows. Beta by February 1st at the latest. Zones, questing, etc will be tested until probably March. Raid testing bg testing will be done throughout March, as questing zone bugs are fixed and pop up. April sees polish, increase of xp required to level to tune in. Anytime after April 22 WoD could go gold. With the second quarter of 2014 being the target window.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Never. They want WoD to be savage and uncharted lands, so they will not beta-test it at all. We will fight not only iron horde, but also legions of bugged quests and broken mechanics. This will be savage.
    Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    I'm guessing end of february for closed, end of April/June for Open release in August/September
    Both of these will never happen (although the first is more than likely just a joke.) The mostly likely date is Jan 20th-Feb 4th for Beta. There will be no open beta. As said above, quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Apology View Post
    4th of February:

1) It's a Tuesday*!
    2) They just had their "we're excited to start beta soon so don't forget to opt in!" announcement yesterday, so it can't be that far off.
    3) They have their investor's thing on the 6th, so saying they have this running by then can only be a good thing to show off.

*I actually have no idea if the Tuesday detail is relevant to beta tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Apology View Post
    4th of February:

1) It's a Tuesday*!
    2) They just had their "we're excited to start beta soon so don't forget to opt in!" announcement yesterday, so it can't be that far off.
    3) They have their investor's thing on the 6th, so saying they have this running by then can only be a good thing to show off.

*I actually have no idea if the Tuesday detail is relevant to beta tests.
    I'm fairly certain Mists beta started on March 20th, 2012, which was a Wednesday. But other than that, I agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feb...2015 -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    I'm guessing end of february for closed, end of April/June for Open release in August/September
    WoW has never had an open beta.

As for the start of beta... who knows? I'd hope for February, would be very surprised if it's not out by late March... but all of the specific dates here are amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    Considering that far more than half of the new character models aren't even ready yet, the chances of the beta being in the next couple months is slim to none. Unless of course they launch beta without all of them.
    Are you on the art team? Just because we haven't seen them yet, it doesn't equate to "they're not ready."

10+ Year Old Account
    Early to mid february, sounds about right seeing as they said pre-purchase is going to be available "Soon™"

next week to mid feb. NExt is stretching it.