Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    sites like Ask Mr Robot will get less hits and addons like Reforgelite will be no longer needed?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post

While for the most part true, I never really remember during Sunwell bitching about useless stats on my gear, then again this may just be a case of "there was no bitching because we didn't know any better." So you may or may not be right here. I am kind of tired and not going to bother looking through old gear.
    I knew better and I wasn't happy. There is a reason why paladins were using cloth gear and that my hunter had more leather gear than mail gear and my moonkin was only using cloth gear except for tier. Stats on your gear were shit, but back then you could use other type of gear. The best in slot helm for warrior was the cursed vision (leather), because the plate helms were dog shit.
    Last edited by Glasse; 2014-01-19 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    Wrong, the tier gear is the only thing working in the manner you are speaking. Everything else is still the same as it is now, unless they have said something different since Blizzcon.
    Either they said something since, or you misunderstood at the time: all the "primary" armor (at least) is going to switch primary stats when you respec. WoD has done away with str/agi/int and replaced it with "player power", even if they keep the names. The tier sets *also* switch their tier bonus (eg: no more DPS vs tank vs healer tier, just "tier".)

Secondary and tertiary stats, gems, enchants, and so forth will not be switching. Non-"primary" armor will not have primary stats at all, so won't be switching or whatever. Weapons will still have primary stats because "iconic", so expect to have different weapons for different specs.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Either they said something since, or you misunderstood at the time: all the "primary" armor (at least) is going to switch primary stats when you respec. WoD has done away with str/agi/int and replaced it with "player power", even if they keep the names. The tier sets *also* switch their tier bonus (eg: no more DPS vs tank vs healer tier, just "tier".)

Secondary and tertiary stats, gems, enchants, and so forth will not be switching. Non-"primary" armor will not have primary stats at all, so won't be switching or whatever. Weapons will still have primary stats because "iconic", so expect to have different weapons for different specs.
    This is 100% correct. Weapons, offhands, necklaces, rings and trinkets are the only items that don't switch. Confirmed quite often.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    I for one enjoy this, since now when a piece of Plate gear drops with Haste on it it will go to my DK or Paladin and the whinging warrior in my guild won't just cry and bitch and moan about how he can reforge the Haste to Crit so why can't he have it even though it is sub-par.
    They're supposedly finally fixing haste for warrs in WoD so...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    I for one enjoy this, since now when a piece of Plate gear drops with Haste on it it will go to my DK or Paladin and the whinging warrior in my guild won't just cry and bitch and moan about how he can reforge the Haste to Crit so why can't he have it even though it is sub-par.
    Blizzard is actually changing haste for warriors to be more attractive, so that might not be 100% true Having said that, I would never take a non-crit piece of gear with haste on it on my warrior over a DK or Paladin who equally needs it. My favorite realization of how bad haste really is for warriors came a month or so ago when I won the hit/haste bracers off of Ordos (I still had 522 bracers ) - after reforging it would of been an 800 dps upgrade...that's right, 37 ilvl upgrade was 800 dps better. I actually chose NOT to equip the bracers out of spite and instead equipped some 535 timeless bracers I made that were crit/haste - those bracers were only 100dps worse than the 559's - ridiculous, lol.

Deleted
    They also should delete transmog and make gear look good on default

10+ Year Old Account
    Reforging was not needed & the game will be like it was in Vanilla, TBC & Wrath. We just will not have all the stats we use to have, which I kinda miss to be honest.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

The only thing that will really change is that getting gear will be fun and not a chore.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    hahaha, can't be done. Literally impossible.

Proof: a couple of the people in my guild are all "squeee, I have my MoP transmog, yay, so awesome", and I am "meh, don't like it at all". Can't satisfy both of us no matter how you make gear look "good", because it is way too subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Aesthetic taste is subjective though

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    its not about being dumb, its about hating shamans.

- - - Updated - - -

Haste for warrior isn't bad.
    Try crit for ele shaman...
    I play both, you couldn't be more wrong - siming my TG warrior vs my Ele Shaman - haste is 3 times WORSE than crit (crit is worth 3x haste) on a warrior, yes, 3 times worse (1 crit>1str, actually) where as mastery/haste are only about 20-25% better than crit on my ele shaman. Any elemental shaman complaining about crit needs to go play a TG fury warrior just to see how bad they don't have it, relatively speaking. Having said that, I do recognize there that are more options for a warrior when it comes to gear vs a shaman, but as far as just looking at how bad stats are relative to each other, they are not even in the same league.

Update: I actually used an old warrior profile on accident - just to correct crit is 4.36 vs 2.08 for haste, still over 2x worse. Heck even Mastery is 3.41 in comparison...pretty horrible balance on secondary stats for warrior.
    Last edited by azurrei; 2014-01-19 at 09:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    I play both, you couldn't be more wrong - siming my TG warrior vs my Ele Shaman - haste is 3 times WORSE than crit (crit is worth 3x haste) on a warrior, yes, 3 times worse (1 crit>1str, actually) where as mastery/haste are only about 20-25% better than crit on my ele shaman. Any elemental shaman complaining about crit needs to go play a TG fury warrior just to see how bad they don't have it, relatively speaking. Having said that, I do recognize there that are more options for a warrior when it comes to gear vs a shaman, but as far as just looking at how bad stats are relative to each other, they are not even in the same league.
    Not to mention, crit is actually pretty good for elemental cleave/AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    They're supposedly finally fixing haste for warrs in WoD so...
    I'll be interested in how Blizzard handles Haste for Warriors as the only viable strategy I've seen is to make Deep Wounds scale with Haste.

I'm personally looking forward to the reforging being gone. Reforging was a headache and a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    I'm personally looking forward to the reforging being gone. Reforging was a headache and a pain in the ass.
    Nobody forced you to use it. You could still play without using it if you wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy that I can just use new gear right away. I'm kind of sad about how there will be less use of gems. I'm curious exactly how rare they will be and if they will change enchanting too.

Well, at least there's no hit rating, so that alleviates that issue.

As a Mage, I'm just hoping that my classes's secondary stats are close enough that a certain one isn't trash, or I'll have to go out of my way to pass on loot. This expansion I've just taken whatever drops first, especially if thunderforged. Hoping I can ignore tertiaries too and just go for whatever drops first in thunderforged.

Not liking the extra loot rng they're adding. Right now they've struck the right balance. I don't want to have to farm a lifesteal set or something crazy like that for a certain boss.

One other reason they might have removed reforging and gem sockets was the prohibitive cost. 2k gold one-way to go from Fire to Arcane was just silly.

With all the extra stats and gear possibilities there's definitely going to be a need for better theorycrafting next exp.

Quote Originally Posted by zoth00 View Post
    Does the lack of reforge in WoD mean that you're gonna be encouraged to change specs between bosses less often?
    Assuming you got 2 dps specs: if spec A state priority is haste, and spec B state priority is critical chance, then if the gear you currently have has much more haste than crit, you'll significantly perform better in Spec A, even though Spec B would be better in some bosses.

If the specs aren't too far apart in terms of numbers, then due your itemization (like gear being around 1 stat), then they won't differ much in terms of results in bosses, which would make the player opt for the same spec the entire raid, right?

PS: or it could also mean people will keep needing gear during the whole patch just to be able to min-max each dps spec (like hybrids used to do for different roles). Thankfully you don't compete for individual loot in flex/lfr I guess, otherwise it would be chaos lol.
    No, secondary stats are going to be closer in value in WoD. You'll be able to switch specs just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I'll be interested in how Blizzard handles Haste for Warriors as the only viable strategy I've seen is to make Deep Wounds scale with Haste.
    Think one idea was more rage from rage generating abilties but still just early brainstorming.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne