Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well once there were class only quests.. which were long and hard (and mostly very expensive). Mount quest for paladin and warlock, and weaponquest for hunter and priest afaik. Oh and one of my favourite questlines was the epic flight form for the druid. I did all three with my main and two alts, I had many funny evenings with friends on TS while doing so.

The hunter one in Silithus was quite hard. I know quite a few people who got their quest done by a pro hunter on our server for gold.

I really would like to do a long quest again.. And by long I'm talking about really long. Like the food quest from Dirge etc.

A quest for all classes:
    After quite a hard quest (maybe without hardcore HC raiding) you're able to transmog legendary weapons.

As for paladins:

A really long and hard questline where we get a replica of the Ashbringer (not the corrupted one, but a cheaper regular one) for transmog.
    I know we're having that on one of our talents, but having it all the time would be epic. And the few lucky individuals who have the corrupted one from Naxx40 could still show their true rare weapon.

A quest for warriors:
    Similar to the paladins questchain where they transform into a tank while in tank spec (those dwarven ones in front of Ironforge) .. na just kidding ^^

On a sidenote:

One of the things the old quests had in common was group questing. Many of the paladin mount quests had to be done in a group. I'd really like to have some quest dungeons where you have to go with 5x the class. The final one should remain a single thing like it was with the hunter & warlock green fire quest, but questing in groups is more fun.
    Last edited by Funky303; 2014-01-18 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Added group quest idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Yeah, we hate humor and we do not allow it. Last time someone tried to be funny we tracked him down with his IP and broke his leg, then we forced him to race change all his characters to female dwarves. If you think you can be funny on my forums, think twice. (Also I will actually track down and kill anyone using that as a signature)
    Yes, they mean it! Got a broken leg, a female Dwarf and an infraction. Don't mess with humor folks !

The warlock green fire thing was a very highly requested feature for nearly the entire length of the game's existence. Druids have one of those. It's the ability to show armor in forms. If they got a class quest that paid off in werecat and werebear forms rigged for armor, or even just fighting with the appearance of caster form and an animal spirit familiar visually displaying the current form, I'd wager that would make a lot of druids happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    The warlock green fire thing was a very highly requested feature for nearly the entire length of the game's existence. Druids have one of those. It's the ability to show armor in forms. If they got a class quest that paid off in werecat and werebear forms rigged for armor, or even just fighting with the appearance of caster form and an animal spirit familiar visually displaying the current form, I'd wager that would make a lot of druids happy.
    Druids had their quest already, it was the epic flight form questline. And for the armor thing there was recently a blue post that it won't happen due to shoulders and armor and belts not ever fitting.
    Yeah, we hate humor and we do not allow it. Last time someone tried to be funny we tracked him down with his IP and broke his leg, then we forced him to race change all his characters to female dwarves. If you think you can be funny on my forums, think twice. (Also I will actually track down and kill anyone using that as a signature)
    Yes, they mean it! Got a broken leg, a female Dwarf and an infraction. Don't mess with humor folks !

Hmmm. There's not a lot you can do for the other classes when comparing it to the "Green Fire" questline.

The only thing I can think of is maybe a highly saught after class exclusive transmog weapon/armor or mounts. Some ideas:

-Give DKs access to the Lich King's armor, or a Frostmourne transmog
    -Give Warriors access to Broxigar's axe transmog or some type of War mount?
    -Druids get new transformations? Updated Moonkin or maybe fire forms (similar to Fire Kitty)
    -Hunter quest for an exclusive pet/mount. They'd be hunting for some EXTREMELY rare animal and end up befriending it or something.
    -Shamans get Black Lightning? I dunno, I simply think Black Lightning looks cool. Maybe updated Ghost Wolf form or updated Totems (which then have new spell animations on your existing spells)
    -Paladins get Light Wings, or maybe a Light flying mount.
    -Rogues get access to new Shadow/Darkness animations in their spells.

I can't think of anything for Mages or anything else really

I believe they have plans to give each class some kind of cool cosmetic reward. The druid quest replaces your flying form with the new Storm Crow mount they put in the game files but never released.

http://my.mmosite.com/2528383/blog/i...stormcrow.html

10+ Year Old Account
    rogues should get something. we are visually one of the most boring classes. although the new talents may change that.
    Last edited by Vulryth; 2014-01-18 at 06:36 PM.
    weeee!

Warriors could get banners by setting themselves up as big time commanders.

If only there was one for Hunters to get a unique looking bow or Priests a staff...oh wait..

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they find a way to fit it into the game, that would be great. I'm all for another epic type quest line such as the green fire quest line. Completing it was a great experience at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm digging the idea of transmogging legendaries for an "all-class quest chain"
    Black Lightning for shamans also sounds cool, would be unique with the dark shaman transmog gear

I'm stuck on what rogues should get though if anything, they've been boring as of late =\
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

For rogues:

a smoke form similar to some anime characters (for example i think in Naruto there is a guy who's kinda smoky). Similar to the Shadow form for Shadow priests. But not that shadowy, more smoky.

Deleted
    Maybe not as a quest line, but as a minor glyph for shaman.

A glyph which randomise which totems you place, being it Dreanai totems as Troll or visa versa.. you get the idea.

I always loved the idea of visible paladin auras but guess what happened, holy priests got chakra and paladin auras were removed =/

I agree (the specific cosmetic/lore needs to make sense). They should give every class quest like the lock one. I'm such a better lock post-karenthad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    But would corrupted druids be accepted into the current druidic community of the Alliance/Horde?
    Does it matter? Player characters routinely go against the accepted norm for society. Look at the how Death Knights are introduced to their respective faction. They are not accepted into their faction by the common folk and yet they are still by the leaders. The same currently exists with Fel flames for Warlocks. Warlocks are only marginally accepted and now they actually have fel magic (thats what makes fire green) which is even more of a taboo in Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Funky303 View Post
    Druids had their quest already, it was the epic flight form questline. And for the armor thing there was recently a blue post that it won't happen due to shoulders and armor and belts not ever fitting.
    That also means that Warlocks and Paladins already had a quest, for their class mounts. And Shamans for their Totems (I miss the draenei totem quests). And Rogues for their blah blah blah. You get the point I'm sure. But if you don't, the point is that past class based content is not a reason to ignore a class for future class based content.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That also means that Warlocks and Paladins already had a quest, for their class mounts. And Shamans for their Totems (I miss the draenei totem quests). And Rogues for their blah blah blah. You get the point I'm sure. But if you don't, the point is that past class based content is not a reason to ignore a class for future class based content.
    I actually miss stuff like that, and wish there was at least the option to still do these quests. As far as I can tell those have been removed from the game (with the exceptionof the level 15-20 weapon quests). Correct me if I'm wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mcturnip View Post
    I actually miss stuff like that, and wish there was at least the option to still do these quests. As far as I can tell those have been removed from the game (with the exceptionof the level 15-20 weapon quests). Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I agree those were special to do, i never completed the paladin one, but i have experienced the rest listed. The totem quests always felt unique after earning an element
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

To be honest, I actually see the Emerald Nightmare as the *PERFECT* excuse to delve back into the Druids of the Flame. Sometimes, you have to burn off forest and plains in order for it to regrow healthy. It's a common farming tool, and it would play perfectly into the Druid class. They cling so dearly to the lush greens of nature, but in the wake of the Emerald Nightmare, they might be faced with no other option than to take fire to their beloved woodlands, in order to preserve them. "Balance" is a Druid spec, so it would be interesting to see them actually confronted with having to balance what has to be done.

Also, nature doesn't just end at the rain-forest. Majordomo's Scorpion-form was an interesting take on a Druid-form, yet it's still a perfectly valid form for a Druid to be taking. Granted, maybe more of a "desert druid", but a Druid nonetheless.

As for Death Knights, though... They're simply too connected with the Scourge and Northrend for any sort of "Fire" element to ever suit them, Bolvar Fordragon or not (and keep in mind; while Bolvar may be the new Lich King, he was never broken, thus he never became a Death Knight; if anything, he would lend inspiration to Paladins). I think a better suggestion, then, is to forge a dynamic Runeblade, whose appearance can actually be customized, and visually reacts to you spending Runes.

It won't happen, obviously, but I'd love for Monks to have a quest that is simply a spell-recolor like the Warlock quests. I don't really care if it's red or purple or even yellow and based on the sun, I want some fancy colors.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky303 View Post
    As for paladins:

A really long and hard questline where we get a replica of the Ashbringer (not the corrupted one, but a cheaper regular one) for transmog.
    I know we're having that on one of our talents, but having it all the time would be epic. And the few lucky individuals who have the corrupted one from Naxx40 could still show their true rare weapon.

So much YES