Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

This has got me pretty excited for WOD

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest two questions still unanswered:

1. Will they be account wide

2. Will you be able to see your followers not currently assigned to a mission there
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If it is I hope its an option cause I myself like to play the AH so having 12 garrisons would help me do so.

15+ Year Old Account
    10 mounts? I don't even have 10......
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account

2. Will you be able to see your followers not currently assigned to a mission there
    1. Dont think they want it to be account wide. No official statement though

2. They already said at Blizzcon that you'll see your followers hanging out there and come to the inn and stuff. Your miner mineing, etc. re watch blizzcon.

I thought they said they would be per character, and are weighing catch-up mechanics for alts -- trying to find a balance between still having to put effort in but having already done it on your main providing some benefit to subsequent ones
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I think they said it won't be account wide on Blizzcon but still thinking about it, if I am not mistaken.

Something about having stuff to do on alts as well I think? So it won't be just an activity once and then wait too long without being able to play with it enough, not sure though...

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that they wont be account wide. Beeing able to benefit from them on alts would be really good. Pretty sure that they will add a ''level them up faster on alts'' mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    10 mounts? I don't even have 10......
    I hope you're joking, otherwise I'd feel awful for you :x

Otherwise, wow, garrisons are shaping up to be more than just a new feature. It's like....a group of new features....all put into one category of GARRISONSSSS.

The possibilities are endless!

Deleted
    Monuments? Sweet. Can't wait to put all my garrison peons to work on a 50ft marble statue of myself.

not excited about building an orc base. I'm not an orc
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    not excited about building an orc base. I'm not an orc
    https://twitter.com/mumper/status/424609046088253440

@mumper Have you guys thought about implementing some class themes for garrisons? Would like my own Warlock stronghold.

@orniasdmf Would love to do things like that (races too), all just comes down to time. We want to get this expansion out ASAP!
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    https://twitter.com/mumper/status/424609046088253440

@mumper Have you guys thought about implementing some class themes for garrisons? Would like my own Warlock stronghold.

@orniasdmf Would love to do things like that (races too), all just comes down to time. We want to get this expansion out ASAP!
    translating: we would love to make garrisons for all races, but there's no time, so orcs and humans will do.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    If loremaster could get me a library I would be so happy.
    Aye mate

Monuments make me happy, and so do the stables. However, as a hunter, I am upset at the lack of Hunter love we've been getting lately, in regards to the pets. Mists of Pandaria had mostly lackluster pets where there were great opportunities. (Goat, silkworm and porcupine? Really? While there were bestial mantid tanks, huge pterodactyls and strong mushan to go for.)

And with the hunter pets being overlooked for a stable feature; a feature that just screams 'hunter pets', it just feels as if they fall to the wayside, being ignored and neglected. Not to mention that Battle Pets snatched most Hunter Pet looks. It seems like hunter pets were the developer lovechild when it came to critters and the concept of 'pets' in general, until Battle Pets, which have stolen all that love and spotlight. Why not try to give both some attention? >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    translating: we would love to make garrisons for all races, but there's no time, so orcs and humans will do.
    So, basicly what he said?

Getting more and more excited for garrisons. Seems like the sort of place I would spend time in even after WoD.

So basically they are taking yet another feature of EQII's housing and implementing it into Garrisons?

Not saying the Garrison concept isn't cool, but putting a bunch of features already in the game for your little instance really serves no purpose.

Limiting to Orcs and Humans look as well? Lame. A half finished feature at best.

Edit: Weren't the against the idea of keeping people in their little instance with all of these features? If i'm not mistaken, they sounded strongly against it.
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2014-01-18 at 10:53 PM.

you mean 2 questions that have been answered since the begining?

the answers are no they are not account wide there are just catch up mechanics for alts, and yes there is a barracks and an inn where the followers go and you have a limit on how many you can have
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    It'd be awesome if you could have "cutting edge" PvE/PvP achievements displayed on a monument/whatever in your garrisons. Like Garrosh's shoulders, Lei Shen's helmet/axe, Sha of Fear's claw and so forth. For PvP something like plaques displaying your gladiator/RBG titles etc.
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2014-01-18 at 10:52 PM.