realistic dps levels?

Hey guys
    Just a quick question - as a 520 ilvl frost DW with 530 and 476 weapons, what are the relative dps levels i should be expecting?

The reason im asking is that i find myself way way at the bottom, and im wondering if its just because of my gear, or if im doing something wrong too.
    We dream, we dream.

Always refer to noxxic.com for realistic DPS rankings of specs, it's one of the Internet's most valuable resources for these kinds of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Hey guys
    Just a quick question - as a 520 ilvl frost DW with 530 and 476 weapons, what are the relative dps levels i should be expecting?

The reason im asking is that i find myself way way at the bottom, and im wondering if its just because of my gear, or if im doing something wrong too.
    Generally Death Knight's are at the bottom currently because of scaling issues but by no means should they be denied from a raid because of that.

Also, don't use Noxxic. Use Raidbots. http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/

Quote Originally Posted by Nuditea View Post
    Also, don't use Noxxic. Use Raidbots. http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/
    Everyone knows the logs raidbots.com parses are all full of DPS cheesing that never happen in actual raiding situations. Noxxic.com even has 'Realistic DPS Ranking' which represents real raiding very well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post
    Everyone knows the logs raidbots.com parses are all full of DPS cheesing that never happen in actual raiding situations. Noxxic.com even has 'Realistic DPS Ranking' which represents real raiding very well.
    Just how doing your duty in a raid is considered as "cheesing"?
    And no, noxxic isn't even close to being accurate/realistic.

In case you don't get it, you're being trolled OP.
    Would probably get better replies if you linked your armory, and said what dps you're doing.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

How much is noxxic paying you for the advertising?
    Last edited by Shiira; 2014-01-18 at 03:04 PM.

Deleted
    Always refer to noxxic.com for realistic DPS rankings of specs, it's one of the Internet's most valuable resources for these kinds of things.
    that must be the same noxxic that shows tot dps values right? use raid bots. its works of actual log parses so you can see what people are actually doing

Sim your character in simcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post
    Just how doing your duty in a raid is considered as "cheesing"?
    And no, noxxic isn't even close to being accurate/realistic.
    I realize the general opinion of people is to hate on the website, but that's no reason to go out calling it plain inaccurate when it even clearly reads 'realistic.'

If you can't do above the average in raidbots, you are a below average player.

Sorry by all instead off Top 100, very very easily attainable dps.

I realize the general opinion of people is to hate on the website, but that's no reason to go out calling it plain inaccurate when it even clearly reads 'realistic.'
    Since when is everything you read on the internet true?

OP: Link your armory and post your current DPS.

Guys, guys
    Thanks for your input but i really only wanted the number for the ilvl i mentioned
    i know about simming etc, and i know dks are at the lower part of meters atm. The point of my post was:
    -i do low dps
    -i dont know if its OKAY to do that dps (because gear, because scaling, etc), or if im being a dktard.

I was looking for an approximate dps for ilvl 520 with 530/476 weapons, just so i could get a BASIC idea of whether im doing ok or being an idiot.

My char is Coss at Kilrogg EU (on tablet atm so cant copy paste link, still nkt used to it))
    We dream, we dream.

Deleted
    I just equipped my 530&476 weapon + my spare ~520 gear to do some quests. I did a lot of damage to my enemies.

Just sim your character... on your itemlevel I wouldn't even bother to min/max, just believe in yourself till you get into some more serious stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I just equipped my 530&476 weapon + my spare ~520 gear to do some quests. I did a lot of damage to my enemies.

Just sim your character... on your itemlevel I wouldn't even bother to min/max, just believe in yourself till you get into some more serious stuff.
    Minmaxing is part of my nature. Im not doing it "because its the right thing to do", i do it because that's how i play Either way, this thread isnt about minmaxing, but rather about finding out if im performing normally or not

Anyways...
    I did a lot of damage to my enemies
    Im not saying i cant kill stuff. I kill stuff easily. Im saying i want to know the average/mean/standard/basic/approximate/whateverelse dps that a 520~ geared DK should be putting out, just so i can think to myself "okay, so im performing slightly better" or "Well fuck, im not even halfway there, time to adjust my rotations" etc.

As of right now, i DONT know if im just being "crappy-geared" dk or "crappy geared AND crappy DK".
    Last edited by Anakonda; 2014-01-18 at 09:22 PM.
    We dream, we dream.

Deleted
    noxxic got one thing right tho, start here http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/maximum#468 and change the ilvl going up,watch how dks slowly slide from the top right down to the bottom

Here is a log from flex p3 yesterday btw.
    I know there is a thread called "fix my dps", but remember, in this thread im asking "does it need a fix" :P

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...95d/dashboard/
    We dream, we dream.

Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    noxxic got one thing right tho, start here http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/maximum#468 and change the ilvl going up,watch how dks slowly slide from the top right down to the bottom
    That is pretty cool, haven't seen simcraft results presented in that way before. Pity they're garbage.

The problem with noxxic is that they use simcraft to rank across classes, and it simply is no good at that. I wish it was, would make balance discussions much easier. But it's not, simcraft ranks always vary substantially from actual raid results, every single tier. Unsophisticated people point to the totally bogus Noxxic rankings constantly in gameplay and balance discussions like this one. It's a real bummer.

Noxxic is doing their users and the WoW community at large a disservice with those rankings, and after so many years they damn well know it. I can only think of one reason why they keep them up-- they don't care if their site is accurate or useful. They're scumbags.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2014-01-19 at 01:26 AM.

Exactly. The sim dps can never be trusted for these kinds of things, hence me asking for an ACTUAL number
    We dream, we dream.

hi anakonda: looking at your dps on malkork your dps should be and can be a lot higher. ur frost strike usage is relatively low, your frost strike mh and oh combined dmg should be higher than your howling blast especially on malkork, a pure st fight. also you are not using your ams very efficiently, absorbing magical dmg gives u a lot of runic power and give u more frost strikes. hope this helps =)