Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Field Marshal Darthmatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    las vegas
    Posts
    82

    Mixed feelings on a summer release

    Im stoked for this expac. A lot of people are saying a summer release. I would love this because Ill be out of uni and be able to play a shit ton, however if they make heroics like cata heroics a summer release means ill likely be playing with more 11 year olds and those heroics are gonna bloooww.

  2. #2
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,629
    They're not "like cata heroics" they're just not a massive zergfest upon release. It doesn't have to be 1 extreme or the other.

    That's how I read it anyway

  3. #3
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,477
    good thing there are guilds to join. which is pretty much the argument. hard heroics work great for organized groups of friends/guildies, not so great for randoms or in your words "11 year olds".
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    They're not "like cata heroics" they're just not a massive zergfest upon release. It doesn't have to be 1 extreme or the other.

    That's how I read it anyway
    The example given by Blizz was the new HCs were going to be along the lines of Vortex Pinnacle HC, pre-nerf.

  5. #5
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedrenne View Post
    The example given by Blizz was the new HCs were going to be along the lines of Vortex Pinnacle HC, pre-nerf.
    Well the complaints in Cata were about the likes of Grim Batol so I don't think VP level would be bad

  6. #6
    Titan Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    11,633
    I still think it's going to be an Autumn release. Every xpac so far has either been released in Autumn or Winter.

  7. #7
    There will be options this time. Blizzard said as much. I actually highly doubt heroic dungeons will be queuable. Premades only most likely like heroic scenarios.

    In all honesty, just wait till they release what end game will be like in WoD. They've implied in many different posts it will be radically different. Comparing anything we have now to WoD without recognizing massive change is coming is meaningless.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthmatty View Post
    Im stoked for this expac. A lot of people are saying a summer release. I would love this because Ill be out of uni and be able to play a shit ton, however if they make heroics like cata heroics a summer release means ill likely be playing with more 11 year olds and those heroics are gonna bloooww.

    Get a guild or make pre-made groups with friends, that way you can avoid nuisance of LFD.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Get a guild or make pre-made groups with friends, that way you can avoid nuisance of LFD.
    There's almost no way they have heroic dungeons be in LFD. I mean they didn't have H scenarios in them solely so they could tune them "hard" and they believe that was a success. Heroic dungeons will be harder than H scenarios. They are rolling back LFD somewhat. They realized its not the most compelling gameplay so will make sure its a last resort for people.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    There's almost no way they have heroic dungeons be in LFD. I mean they didn't have H scenarios in them solely so they could tune them "hard" and they believe that was a success. Heroic dungeons will be harder than H scenarios. They are rolling back LFD somewhat. They realized its not the most compelling gameplay so will make sure its a last resort for people.
    You cant imagine how much I hope for it. Would be nice if we would have to get in through entrances instead of queue once again. Hoping for daily HC dungeon quest would be too much probably. Hell, if they do it i'm gonna kiss every blizz employee.

  11. #11
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,738
    I think a summer release is going to result in a dramatic drop in initial sales followed by a pick up in the fall.

    Most people are going to be on vacation in July, not sitting to powerlevel/powergear in WoW.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Well the complaints in Cata were about the likes of Grim Batol so I don't think VP level would be bad
    I remember having threat problem as a Blood DK in there during 4.3. All those damn casters on the first pack of the instance were nightmarish if you were "geared enough but not more than necessary."
    Currently trying to experiences all classes at 100. Count so far: 3.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Well the complaints in Cata were about the likes of Grim Batol so I don't think VP level would be bad
    Well, honestly, people would've complained in Cata if they were at VP levels only too. People didn't because GB and such were harder. But VP was tough for random groups too.

    Tl;dr VP is still too hard for random groups.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think a summer release is going to result in a dramatic drop in initial sales followed by a pick up in the fall.

    Most people are going to be on vacation in July, not sitting to powerlevel/powergear in WoW.
    or they will play the game as well on vacation.
    '"Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you."
    - Grand Admiral Proudmoore

  15. #15
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Durotar
    Posts
    566
    Loved the old cata heroics.

    OP has a point when it comes to summer release.. the entire server will be packed with people without any kind of social life and youngsters >_<

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think a summer release is going to result in a dramatic drop in initial sales followed by a pick up in the fall.

    Most people are going to be on vacation in July, not sitting to powerlevel/powergear in WoW.
    I don't think that's a fair presumption. I think because people are on Vacation during the summer from School and College, that will give Blizzard a huge reason for summer release. People are more likely to have time to play during the summer than during the August-May stretch when school is back in session. Keep in mind that working people don't get a scheduled universal break period between them all, and thus, any release date could make sense.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Most people are going to be on vacation in July, not sitting to powerlevel/powergear in WoW.
    What culture are you from where most people take the entire month of July to spend on a vacation somewhere away from home?
    Currently trying to experiences all classes at 100. Count so far: 3.

  18. #18
    Brewmaster Bristae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ridgecrest, CA
    Posts
    1,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think a summer release is going to result in a dramatic drop in initial sales followed by a pick up in the fall.

    Most people are going to be on vacation in July, not sitting to powerlevel/powergear in WoW.
    People with sense dont travel during the summer... I don't! I take my vacations during Feburary! Better deals!
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

  19. #19
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    11,970
    Honestly I don't think it matters. Everyone who wants to get it will get it within the first 90 days after it launches regardless.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  20. #20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •