Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Well,there goes the thread...
    Religion is never a good thing to mess around with.Still...it seems some people don't understand that OP is talking about in-game religion,not real-life religion.
    And honestly,I agree with OP.All races already have some sort of a "religion" in lore:Humans/Dwarves - The Light,Night Elves - Elune,Tauren - The Earthmother etc.
    I see no harm in introducing more lore and quests involving for example Paladin's faith in The Holy Light.It would just provide more immersion and connection to their character for players who want it and expand the lore around the "religion" in WarCraft as well as provide players with possible cosmetic options for their character (for example) depending on their race (Draenei/Human differences in the worship of The Light).

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Put a highly controversial topic in a game filled with people willing to abuse each other at the drop of a hat. OH YEAH GREAT IDEA. /sarcasm
    Unfortunately : This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    There is no need for religion in WoW as religion itself built on faith, and as you can already do the supernatural phenomenons in WoW, or easily explain it with magic, there is no need for blind faith like in the real world. And also, what if I wanna be an atheist in real life, as I prefer to rely on facts and not bullshit?
    I think you're missing the point, there is religion in WoW, because they actually for the most part see/communicate with their gods. Look at the trolls for example, or even just read the dungeon journal for ZA/ZG, most of them I believe either killed their gods and took on their powers, or tried capturing them (Silly Jindo)

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    /thread religion can fuck off, it causes enough real world problems without putting them into warcraft.
    I agree with this whole heartedly.

If Blizzard would actually come to implement such a bad idea, there would be so much amount of shit storm and rage, hundreds of thousands would unsub, imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Konata View Post
    Can we also have political parties? the Stalinist-Communist dwarves, fighting the Capitalist pigs in the Undercity? The Communists get +50 in their classes favourite stat, because they built the biggest bombs, while the Capitalists get 5% more gold from each drop, because they stand for money, and profit.
    /sarcasm

Technically Gnomes are a Functioning Social Democracy, and the Capitalists are clearly Goblins.

religion is a big enough cause for many problems and hatreds in the real world, there's no real reason to add to what already exists in the pretend world
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Unfortunately : This.
    Unless people are going to insult each other and argue about (real life) religion -- even though something like that is completely irrelevant while playing WoW -- just because their Paladin follows the Light and the other player's character is worshiping the Titans then it really shouldn't be implemented.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I don't see it as a recipe for disaster like everyone else, but I do think it'd be lame, and boring, and a waste of time as in, I have very little interest in it and don't see how it could add to the game in a MEANINGFUL PLAY sort of way. Skins, farms, barracks/housing is all great but after the initial 5minutes or so of "ohhhh", where's it going?
    How about instead we focus on ways to bring people closer like, I dunno... to increase community in game rather then cause more division?
    I know, how dare I!
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

While this idea and the implications of what it would mean to the game are hilariously amusing, there's no way on God's green Earth this idea would end well, and thus no chance of anything close to it ever being implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Goblin atheists worship money.
    their god is money, so there are no atheist goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I think you're missing the point, there is religion in WoW, because they actually for the most part see/communicate with their gods. Look at the trolls for example, or even just read the dungeon journal for ZA/ZG, most of them I believe either killed their gods and took on their powers, or tried capturing them (Silly Jindo)
    My character does not believe in any of the gods its race normally does. I see no reason why religion should be anywhere in the game, and I am not even sure that religion is the right word for what he is suggesting. More like courting a superior being that you know exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another idea: Add political views ingame.

Oh wait.. that woudln't be good either.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    My character does not believe in any of the gods its race normally does. I see no reason why religion should be anywhere in the game, and I am not even sure that religion is the right word for what he is suggesting. More like courting a superior being that you know exist.
    Because your character doesn't means it shouldn't for the rest? My point was it is technically in the game already. And I believe Blizzard if they ever went forward with a similar idea would not call it religion.

I support this idea as long as the religions included are real world ones like Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hindu, Atheist, etc and each becomes a faction you can kill whether they're alliance or horde. World PVP with even MORE venom! Hooray!

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Another idea: Add political views ingame.

Oh wait.. that woudln't be good either.
    Yeah, and how about not adding moral standpoints to? Everyone should do a survey on all their standpoints before playing, and it should show when inspecting people. Do you support interracial marriage between the races? Do you support same sex unions? How about races immigrating to your city? Should males and females get equal payment for raids?

Damn this would be glorious. Would totally make me resub.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Because your character doesn't means it shouldn't for the rest? My point was it is technically in the game already. And I believe Blizzard if they ever went forward with a similar idea would not call it religion.
    Sure you can RP it if you want to, but in no way should it be bound to power, as your char already got said power anyway. Take shamans. They get their power from the elements. So they basicly work for a "deity" of some sort that then gives them power. But this does not need to be a "religion" or anything of the like. It is just a part of the class. Lets not make this more stupid than it already is. It would only create controversy.
    Last edited by Zogarth; 2014-01-19 at 12:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Goblin atheists worship money.
    Just like Republican Christians.

Atheism +int
    Goblins would follow islam since they are most likely to blow themselves up

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    This is not at all how atheism is defined at all actually
    In a world where Gods can sit at a bar and get a drink, and mages can fly on carpets, the closest thing to an Atheist would technically be an Agnostic. They can see the 'Super Natural' Being at the bar have a conversation with it, and realize it is not actually anything more than a very powerful being. So in true Atheist manner instead of believing a God is supernatual they choose to empower them selves in the same way the god is.

So technically an Atheist in game would acknowledge the powerful being and not believe it is a god. Where an Agnostic in game would see the Self proclaimed deity, and think maybe it is a god after all. And a theist in game would worship one of the superpowered beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Blood Elves, All Mages, Gnomes, are in game Atheists. They acknowledge they can meet and shake hands with a deity, however they choose to study the ways of Science*** instead.
    Your mage may be Atheist but mine sure isn't. He's as holy and monotheistic as they come, hence why I chose the Human race for their Human Spirit racial!