Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I give them that feel,but since we play in the world I design, and for all realistic purposes I am the Creator God of that world. I can give them the feel and the choices, and the players can and do derail the story by making the unexpected event happen. But usually I can set things up, I make the monsters, I make the treasure, and I control every city, every government. So I can gently push the party in any direction I want.

So much so I let player create short stories for the Game that the players then can DM for a night and I play their character.

Up until the horribly written end, the game felt 100% player controlled.... sadly then we had the 3 color 'deus ex machina' ending.
    I'm more of a reactive DM, I allow the players to make their own story using plot hooks I may or may not have made. Most of my current players are both smart and very individualistic, they won't go after the bandits because they usually know something more important is afoot.

As for Mass Effect, although the first game was very well written, it did fall heavily into the "4 squares of look around" Bioware games usually follow, and was pretty preditcable.

However, Saren and his interactions felt very organic.

2 and 3 dropped alot of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is way too much religion bashing in this thread which is, at best, off topic within the context of this thread.

Closing.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |