Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

I leveled mining and JC just to find out...

That I need alchemy to make the best and most profitable gems. I spent so much effort and time into leveling these up for my alt paladin, just to hear that I can't make any good profits out of this without alchemy.
    FML.

I understand that professions should have SOME co-dependance, but to stop me from being able to make the BEST gems of my profession by putting them in the hands of another profession is quite simply, infuriating.
    It might be tolerable to level up Alchemy on an alt, but Alchemy is such a massive freaking pain to level up.

It's such a pointlessly inconvenient way of doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    That I need alchemy to make the best and most profitable gems. I spent so much effort and time into leveling these up for my alt paladin, just to hear that I can't make any good profits out of this without alchemy.
    FML.

I understand that professions should have SOME co-dependance, but to stop me from being able to make the BEST gems of my profession by putting them in the hands of another profession is quite simply, infuriating.
    It might be tolerable to level up Alchemy on an alt, but Alchemy is such a massive freaking pain to level up.

If you're referring to primal diamonds, JC's can craft them, but it costs a spirit

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    If you're referring to primal diamonds, JC's can craft them, but it costs a spirit
    No I was thinking of transmutation of uncommon gems.

Should have done your research better before you leveled It up then, No one else to blame but yourself.

No I was thinking of transmutation of uncommon gems.
    Wait, you can't prospect them because...?

Yes I think they went far with it. I understand they want people to interact and trade with one another through professions, but this is just annoying.
    You would think once you "master" your profession you will at least have the ability to make the reagents/farm them yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I think you should blame this on your own ignorance, not on the proffesion mechanics. I think it is fine as it is.

edit: JCing is about cutting gems, not creating them.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

10+ Year Old Account
    This might sound a bit harsh but... do some research first before leveling a profesion =[ ?
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

FML.

alchemy really isnt a pain to lvl up compared to other professions

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont have alchemy and I make tons of rare quality gems so I have no idea what youre talking about. If you have a problems with the uncommon gems theres tons of other things you can do with them.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Unless you don't have an alt, there really should be no problems making money off professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itache91 View Post
    alchemy really isnt a pain to lvl up compared to other professions
    Yeah I want to emphasise this. I've leveled alchemy twice, once for elixir master and once for transmutation master. Really quite cheap and easy. Can get a little bit annoying for the vanilla stuff (I'm thinking 100-275) because noone harvests those herbs so if you're on a small server expect to pay quite a bit or do some farming. But even then you only need like 5-30 of each, and once you hit Outland level of profession there are suddenly 10million of everything on the AH so leveling becomes a breeze. Doing the cata and MOP bit is a joke it's so fast. You could go farm all the mats and level to max in an afternoon.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Yeah I want to emphasise this. I've leveled alchemy twice, once for elixir master and once for transmutation master. Really quite cheap and easy. Can get a little bit annoying for the vanilla stuff (I'm thinking 100-275) because noone harvests those herbs so if you're on a small server expect to pay quite a bit or do some farming. But even then you only need like 5-30 of each, and once you hit Outland level of profession there are suddenly 10million of everything on the AH so leveling becomes a breeze. Doing the cata and MOP bit is a joke it's so fast. You could go farm all the mats and level to max in an afternoon.
    same can be said of most proff's

another thing you can do with the uncommon gems is make jewelry and feed them to an enchanter, though chanting mats are kind of useless now...
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Xmutes cost Golden Lotus anyway. Almost better off spamming commons until you get a perfect cut, unless you need them for panthers or sth.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alchemy is such a massive freaking pain to level up.
    Depending on the server, I did it almost 2 weeks ago for around 2k gold 1-600.

I make tons of profit from buying raw gems, and selling them back. Bigger profit even for buying cheap ore, prospecting, reselling and making primal diamonds with green gems + spirits of harmony.

Alchemy definitely isn't necessary, actually i don't use it at all combined with JC, and I make a lot of money off JC.

FML.

Alchemy is the only profession worth having unless you're wanting to min max. They make EVERYTHING. And get procs. Bless 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I have the same combination and I quite like my JC'ing & mining. Ore can be prospected to obtain gems. You can craft your own meta gems. Green quality gems can be used with a Spirit of Harmony when crafting meta gems - which I find useful as you always end up having more of those than the blue quality ones. You have special gems useable only by JC'ers that gives (in my case) +320 intel. And you can craft mounts & companion pets.

Plus if you plant the snakeroot seeds on your farm you can easily obtain ore.
    Last edited by Adirah; 2014-01-21 at 07:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aus Nate View Post
    Depending on the server, I did it almost 2 weeks ago for around 2k gold 1-600.
    what? i did it in one day, farming all the mats myself :S

Its called read up on your proffesions, and worst case just level up alchemy, its incredibly easy, just need herbs, and its pretty profitable when it comes to the living steel