Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

interesting class ideas instead of the normal suggestions

yes i know blizzard should focus more on balancing the current classes.

But i think instead of the normal class suggestions such as demon hunter- due to the addition of warlocks and rogue i think they wont be able to make them without it being too similar to these classes.

how about a tinker class and alchemist such as proffesor putricide- yes are profesions but what are your thoughts.

Does it take away from he fantasy aspect of wow?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a pretty normal suggestion, we've heard it hundreds of times.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    Damn my bad well, i think these classes are unique and dont draw much similarities to those currently in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Mrcruickshank View Post
    Damn my bad well, i think these classes are unique and dont draw much similarities to those currently in the game
    There are myriad "Tinker" class theory threads if you do a search. I'd much rather see a tinker class over a demon hunter at this point because it seems like an unprecedented class that could bring a lot of unique, fresh gameplay style to the table -- although at this point you have to trust that Blizzard would do a good job with just about any new class they brought to the table.

The idea of an alchemist such as Prof. Putricide is pretty intriguing as well; want to elaborate on that some more?

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my old Tinker concept;

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ss-Idea-(Long)

An alchemy-based hero could also work. Unfortunately, Blizzard used an awesome potion making/using mechanic when they created the Monk class. They also gave one of the Alchemist hero's abilities to Siegecrafter Blackfuse in SoO, so clearly they view the Alchemy and Tinker heroes as related concepts.

At this point, I would be very surprised if the next class wasn't some form of Tinker/Mechanic class. I can't honestly think of any other class archetype that isn't utilized by another class, and fits in the last remaining armor type (mail).
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-12-27 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For major pieces, the current breakdown based on spec usage:

Strength Plate (8)- Death Knights, Warriors, Prot/Ret Paladins
    Intellect Plate (1)- Holy Paladins
    Agility Mail (4)- Hunters and Enhancement Shamans
    Intellect Mail (2)- Ele/Resto Shamans
    Agility Leather (7)- Rogues, Feral/Guardian Druids, Brew/WW Monks
    Intellect Leather (3)- Resto/Balance Druids, MW Monks
    Cloth (9)- Priests, Warlocks, Mages

You could break this down further by tank and healer specific pieces (I.e. spirit and dodge/parry). Under this current model, the biggest gaps are in intellect mail/plate

As Teriz kindly pointed out, the only gaping hole in the game is the mail armor type. With dynamic armor next expansion, we won't be worrying about intellect plate/mail anymore. New Breakdown based on class usage:

Plate (3)- Death Knights, Warriors, Paladins
    Mail (2)- Hunters, Shamans
    Leather (3)- Druids, Monks, Rogues
    Cloth (3)- Mages, Priests, Warlocks

Healers, Tanks, and DPS will share off pieces, so those are moot.

In this expansion, monks filled out the leather armor type, and in WotLK Death Knights filled the plate armor type. I imagine, in Xpac-5 (after WoD), the new class will fill out the mail armor type.

The most fitting mail wearing class is indeed a Tinker, in my opinion. My only reservation is the fact that Tinkers really couldn't be a hero class, they would start from the ground up like monks. Death Knights fit as a hero class because they were already skilled combatants before becoming Death Knights, Tinkers would be tinkers from the get go.

Now a necromancer, runemaster, and bard would all work as a hero class, seeing as a high level warlock could shift into a necromancer, a high level mage into a runemaster, and a warrior into a bard. The list goes on, if you want to look towards Click Me!
    Last edited by Actarius; 2013-12-27 at 03:41 PM.

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrcruickshank View Post
    yes i know blizzard should focus more on balancing the current classes.

But i think instead of the normal class suggestions such as demon hunter- due to the addition of warlocks and rogue i think they wont be able to make them without it being too similar to these classes.
    Priests are similar to Paladins . Blizzard added priests to the game. Death Knights are similar to Warlocks. BLizzard added them to the game. SIMILARITY isnt something that we need to discuss here. WE know taht blizzard can make every class work .

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt if you'll ever see another hero class in the game. It's a dumb idea anyway because after a while it's just another class. I also don't expect to see any classes that will completely wipe out a current profession so I can't say I expect to see tinkers or alchemists any time soon. The problem with new classes is that they really need to differentiate the classes that already exist. The more they push out the class boundaries so they aren't quite so homogenized that will remove some of the oxygen for new classes. Just my two cents.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-12-30 at 08:18 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Giving hunters their mana back, that would be a good start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going by the armor types, if we want to equal the playing field, mail armor class would be next.

Sure, tinker class would be plausible. Breaking down by range:

Plate: Melee and healer.
    Mail: Melee, ranged, caster, healer.
    Leather: Melee, caster, healer.
    Cloth: Caster and healer.

I am not considering tanks at this point as they are all melee, and ranged tank would still be in melee range of a mob, unless you had new mobs that used only ranged attacks and would run away from normal tanks, but that would super lame for all the old tanks.

Going by this, we see that only mail has ranged (hunter) so it's super unique at this point.
    Plate lacks caster and ranged.
    Leather lacks ranged.
    Cloth lacks melee and ranged.

So even if we have only 2 mail wearing classes, we can see that mail armor type is fully saturiated.
    The most lacking is obviously ranged, but since hunter is the most unique to this day and still with a lot of issues, a second physical ranged dps class would be difficult to pull off.
    But, considering all scenarios:
    Plate caster or ranged: Crusader from Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls would fill this role perfectly. Tank, melee dps with spell dmg mix, caster dps.
    Leather: a Demon Hunter with tank, melee with spell mix and ranged dps with spell mix (perhaps throwing weapons would work, think of glaives). But perhaps if WoW had DH as well as D3, general population would get them mixed up. Unless WoW DH resembles D3 DH, but I believe current Hunter resemble Diablo DH by a lot - both have pets, traps, multi shot, etc. the only thing WoW Hunter lacks is 'melee spec' which was 'removed'.
    Cloth: I was thinking something like blademaster (like from Warcraft 3, shirtless so giving the impression he uses Cloth) or fanatic (think about monks with focus towards holy/demonology) - a melee dps, maybe even with tank spec.

But then we look at previous classes given:
    -Paladin/Shaman: I am not considering them 'new', so I will exclude them.
    Death knight: melee(dps and tank).
    Monk: melee (dps and tank) and healer.

Going by that, the next class added would need to be either dps/tank or dps/heal, maybe even dps/tank/heal. Now ofcourse that leaves room for both dps - physical and magical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hordeslayer View Post
    Giving hunters their mana back, that would be a good start.
    OH HELL NO. Stop even thinking about it. And I believe I saw a twitter comment on that.
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hell yes, focus is bad, more than bad its TERRIBLE. it didn't solve any of the issues that hunters had, infact it made it worse, were even more resourced starved. we were shitty as dps at the start and what does blizz do to "fix it" they buff our dmg which is nonthing more than a Band-Aid fix now were at the top of dps charts with little to no effort, that's not balance. if they had given us a cobra shot for mana hunters, say 1% mana gain per shot we would have been fine. wrath hunters were the most balanced we were at the middle of dps charts. we were fine they fixed what didn't need to be fixed.

I don't see a tinker class ever happening, it would take too much away from alchemy/engineering. Any new ideas will just be folded into those profs instead. Maybe demon Hunter, fits a legion theme expansion so it has something going for it.

i am currently working on a class idea called the Watcher. once everything is figured out i will post it. btw it has 4 specs.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I find it hard to imagine any more classes that make sense in the Warcraft universe. The existing ones are quite broad.

I'd have to say that despite it being very difficult to execute due to them being filed under "Warlock" until now, the only one that really makes sense is Demon Hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

A less commonly put forward class idea I've always been kind of fond of would be Dragonsworn - dragonflight-empowered mortals. Could wear mail. Could have different specs based on different flights - a healer spec courtesy of the Reds, for example. Bronze for tanking, maybe, with protective veils of sand, altering time perception to boost dodge, and rewinding time in a pocket area for minor healing? Black and Green, I dunno... Black might make a good shadowflame-based caster spec, but you'd have to make sure to distance it from warlockery somehow. Actually, Blue would have to be the caster spec, but then I don't know how you'd distance it from arcane mages.

The seeming loss of power of the Dragonflights at the end of Cata might make this less likely, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I don't see a tinker class ever happening, it would take too much away from alchemy/engineering. Any new ideas will just be folded into those profs instead.
    Incorrect. Professions can't have significant DPS abilities because it would make them OP. Now take the ideas and concepts of Siegemaster Blackfuse, Gazlowe from HotS, or the Tinker hero from WC3. None of those ideas can be folded into the Engineering or Alchemy professions because they would cause balance issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Incorrect. Professions can't have significant DPS abilities because it would make them OP. Now take the ideas and concepts of Siegemaster Blackfuse, Gazlowe from HotS, or the Tinker hero from WC3. None of those ideas can be folded into the Engineering or Alchemy professions because they would cause balance issues.
    profession perks. your move.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    What about no ?
    That's all I want to say when peoples suggest "classes" that are actually closer to professions than they are to classes.
    Not to mention Demon Hunter "ressembling" to Rogues and Warlocks isn't even a decent argument unless you explain me what's the matter (and it's not even that true).
    But i'm not friendly at all to new classes overall anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Who says those abilities have to be significant dps to be folded into the profession? Only you. Well they don't have to be. So yes I am correct.