Deleted

Hellfire ramparts achieve

Why do you get it when you kill Omor but not the last boss?

Probably so people won't skip.

Maybe Omor is the last boss? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    Maybe Omor is the last boss? :P
    Would seem odd for Omor to drop a blue item but the other guy (Vazruden? I think? Been years) to drop a blue and an epic. Or at least that's what happened in TBC on heroic. They're both up at the same time like in Arcatraz yeah? You can kill either first. I don't know the reason though.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Because the achievement only states to defeat him (at least for normal). For the heroic achievement you have to defeat all 3 bosses. You would have to ask Blizzard why they made the normal achievement that way.

This only applies to normal mode.

Heroic Mode requires you kill all of the bosses for the achievement for Hellfire Ramparts.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Yeah i'm guessing, somehow they intended to make omor the last boss or something...idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Barendon View Post
    Probably so people won't skip.
    This would be my guess as well. I think Vazruden is supposed to officially be the "last boss" in there, but Blizzard set it up in a way that you can do those two in either order. Although, I think if they wanted to accomplish that (prevent players from skipping), they should've just put a door over the path to Vazruden that doesn't open up until you kill Omor. Would've been a better way to do it, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stranger is the fact 'we' have chosen to kill Omor first? :?

10+ Year Old Account
    Omor's off to the side, so it's likely to encourage people to go hit him up rather than skip him and barrel straight for Vazruden.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Maybe because you could theoretically kill Vazruden and die.
    Next try you kill the dragon while letting Vazruden alive and then die to him.

Yeah, seems stupid to even me.

Back in BC Omar used to be a lot harder than he is now. Spell scaling has made him trivial now allowing you to ignore his mechanics. The same applies to Vaz, that used to be a 2-3 minute fight with the drake strafing the group multiple times. Now that isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I believe Omor was originally intended to be the last boss of Ramparts. Considering the expansion is about Demons, and not orcs, it makes sense. I'm guessing sometime during development they changed the layout of the instance and it became common for players to kill the other boss last (presumably because it has 1 phase against the boss, and another against the drake). I'm also guessing they simply never 'fixed' the achievement criteria when it was added in 3.0.
    Considering all achievement criteria was created for 3.0 roughly 2 years after 2.0 when achievements were not even considered a thing for WoW. My guess is that their numbers shown he was skipped more often than not so the tied the achievement to him, so people would have to do him to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    Back in BC Omar used to be a lot harder than he is now. Spell scaling has made him trivial now allowing you to ignore his mechanics. The same applies to Vaz, that used to be a 2-3 minute fight with the drake strafing the group multiple times. Now that isn't the case.
    That damn fire, man. I hated tanking Vaz/Nazan.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!