Poll: Should Blizzard complete the recolored sets ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'd like to see them add in the items, but as drops from dungeons or reputation rewards.

I kinda miss people being a mashup of gear as they are gearing up

A lot of gear that matches sets and recolours are in game but never used, It's kinda strange.

So, I see no reason why not, I'm all for it.

In fact, theres a damn lot of armour of weapons and so on that are in game files for months/years, that have never been used that look awesome, what the hell happens to that stuff.

Maybe they could add transmog vendors adding in all the unused models and files, that you can purchase via...tokens or something like the token for any piece of tier from Garrosh, that drop off bosses, another reason to keep running LFR/Flex etc, dunno.

Deleted
    Actually I think they should let us colour our own armor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    A lot of gear that matches sets and recolours are in game but never used, It's kinda strange.

So, I see no reason why not, I'm all for it.

In fact, theres a damn lot of armour of weapons and so on that are in game files for months/years, that have never been used that look awesome, what the hell happens to that stuff.

Maybe they could add transmog vendors adding in all the unused models and files, that you can purchase via...tokens or something like the token for any piece of tier from Garrosh, that drop off bosses, another reason to keep running LFR/Flex etc, dunno.
    I guess that's because they weren't planning transmog to be live at the time, so they didn't really think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    It isn't hard but it costs money so Blizzard has to think about if it's worth it. They probably already have a recolored texture in the files but no item that uses it. They should rework transmog completely at some point so that different designs and color variations are unlocked or learned in the same fashion like battlepets. There are so many cool sets out there with different colors and they take a lot of space in the bank. Even with void storage it isn't enough space for all of them.

I'm sure they won't add the missing pieces to the game because they won't create new items for old content.
    The other colored tier pieces exist. Blizzard MAKES tiers of armor in different colors. Almost every armor item you'll find was made as part of a concrete armor set, which was put into the game files in its entirety. The warlock tier in question, in that color scheme, already HAS art assets existing for it in the game files. You can cycle through the WoW model viewer and find that exact helm in that green color under the model list for helms. Many NPCs use armor pieces from sets that aren't complete, or use different colors. They simply aren't available to players.

These item appearances ALL already exist. It would require no extra work from Blizzard beyond implementing an item with it's name and appearance.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    It's so annoying not having a helmet for my ZA Troll armour, or a belt for my Warlock T12... they need to get this stuff in the game!
    Which ZA armor? They did add the black leather helm in 5.4 for some strange reason. In case that's what you were looking for.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, I'd like them to do this, though I doubt it. What I think they may do at some point is let you buy lesser armor pieces, such as LFR, with normal/heroic pieces. Its strange DS LFR gear is some of the rarest in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they should complete recolor sets for transmog. Also, I wish they would work on more iconic class gear sets.
    NOTHING about the SoO shaman set says 'shaman' to me. For that matter, I haven't liked almost any of the shaman sets this whole expansion. I am kind of OCD about what I dress my toon in, and it is a pain to find some themes I like/want for a class.

Deleted
    Yup.

/10 char

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I'll sold my soul for belt and boots that saurfang got in icc

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    It isn't hard but it costs money so Blizzard has to think about if it's worth it. They probably already have a recolored texture in the files but no item that uses it. They should rework transmog completely at some point so that different designs and color variations are unlocked or learned in the same fashion like battlepets. There are so many cool sets out there with different colors and they take a lot of space in the bank. Even with void storage it isn't enough space for all of them.

I'm sure they won't add the missing pieces to the game because they won't create new items for old content.
    IMO, once you have one set, you should be able to have them all (so long as they aren't relevant to the current expansion; IE, I have a full set of T13, off-tier as well, I get every color version of it. Full set of T16 as well [normal], once WoD I get access to the other color variants, etc). It'd save a ton of bag space for me, and it'd give us access to a ton more transmog sets, colors they never put in game (like there's a blue/gold version of the warrior CM set that looks far better for Alliance than the one we have now, which is more suited to the Horde in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Kubiszot View Post
    I think Blizz can use old recolored sets as a reward in challenge mode. For me, all Firelands sets recolored are crazy and it's a shame we can't use them. For ex warrior and pala:

I agree. The blue Paladin set would be awesome for a Death Knight. About Death Knights and T12: the one coloration that they decided not to use for T12 is the best. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Yes 1000x yes. So many potentially awesome transmog sets ruined because Blizzard deiced to make the heroic offset a priest piece instead of a Mage one.

This. We need Blizzard to add more colorations of existing sets. And also make the other challenge mode gear colors available (through exchanging your current challenge mode gear for another color, I guess)

What they also need to do is add some unused models that are currently catching dust to WoW.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2014-01-22 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Dyes would ruin WOW's hand painted textures, they look like over saturated enamel paint with pixel artifacts in any MMO I've seen.
    The color palette in WOW is incredibly structured with intent, forces at play in psychology to create a warm and inviting escape, the most they would ever do
    is offer hand painted recolors of every armor set like they do now, which you have to farm for mogging, but they would have a dye like interface where you could
    skip all that game playing and just get your rewards instantly instead of earning them and having a carrot on a stick to keep you enjoying the game.
    Sometimes not giving you that carrot is bad, sometimes it's good.
    I don't know. I thought D3 handled it pretty well.

What ive been saying for a while now is they need to implement a dye vendor. Since Reforging is on it's way out the door, replace it with someone who can recolor your gear for you and make it w/e you want. Would open the door for a lot of cool possibilities.

Id love to see a proper black bloodfang set. They have the helm and shoulders but everything else is brown shit that doesnt match from Kara. Have it be called like "corrupted bloodfang" or something.
    Last edited by Sicarius119; 2014-01-23 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edds View Post
    wouldnt know how to add the blue sets to firelands. maybe a rare raid drop like the shamans armor in siege
    I like this idea -- rare complete xmog sets from old raids. Like Raiding With Leashes pets, but for xmog. They could call it Raiding the Closet or something. idk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius119 View Post
    What ive been saying for a while now is they need to implement a dye vendor.
    Again, this just wouldn't work with the way WoW's gear is set up. Get LFR gear, dye it to heroic color ?

Unless maybe for any given set, it would let you dye it to the lower-ilvl version's color ... as in, if you get a piece on heroic, you can dye it to normal or lfr appearance. Would be helpful for folks who never managed to farm up the LFR versions of gears from Dragon Soul that you just can't get anymore if you've outleveled it.

Would help clean up some bag space, too.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Just wanted to chime in here with a nod to the OP. It would be great to have complete sets of different recolors.

Also wanted to add that some sets in MOP may be incomplete through loot tables, but you can acquire the missing pieces from other unusual sources. Example: LFR hunter t15 set (Red/yellow/teal). I did not find any belt in the loot table which worried me as I thought that I would have to buy the normal t15 recolor from the VP vendor. However, I did obtain the corresponding belt from the lootbag you get from completing LFR so keep an eye out for such pieces in the bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Such as this one : http://en.wowhead.com/transmog-set=406 lacking the helmet, the boots, and the belt (Even though one is proposed on Wowhead, it doesn't fit the color so it's more likely intended to fit with the T5 warlock set)

or this one : http://en.wowhead.com/transmog-set=1121 lacking the chest and the boots

What does it cost to recolor a gear piece that is in the game already ?
    How hard is it to make a black and red version of this http://en.wowhead.com/item=45865 ?
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    These item appearances ALL already exist. It would require no extra work from Blizzard beyond implementing an item with it's name and appearance.
    You say it's "no extra work" and then went on to describe the work they have to do. Not to mention they have to figure out where players are going to get the item from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completely. These sets need a full option so people can complete them if they want. Transmog has become a huge part of the game. It's one of the few reasons I still play. The money I've made since it was introduced agrees with me.