how much would it cost to get fully geared?

I've been having trouble/frustration with grinding commendations and stuff, so I decided to combine all the money from my characters to just gear up one character.

I have about 10mil right now, so is it possible to get fully geared or how much do I need?

Once I have enough credits, should I just go to fleet and say "want to buy full gear for sith sin for 10mil?"

I look on the GTN, but don't see really any high end gear :S it looks like most people like to just buy stat mods i guess?

let me know what I should do please, thanks!

Deleted
    I'm afraid 10 millions isn't really a lot of credits.
    If the prices on your server are the same as on mine, you will barely be able to buy 2 pieces of high-end gear. :x

Still, if by "fully geared" you only mean "geared enough to start HM Flashpoints and Story Mode Operations", you should just do quests on Oricon

Deleted
    Yeah, do the Oricon dailies/weekly then start doing the HM FP weekly you'll be well geared in no time.

Deleted
    dont buy gear, its over priced, get into a guild and if they are half decent, they will just boost you through the normal modes, you will be flooded with comms and gear after a few runs

honestly spending 10mil on gear that will be out of date in a few patches is silly bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Like everyone said- don't buy gear. I made my money because people just farmed dailies (back when you could sell daily gear for like 2M once a week, and make about 6M from dailies alone) and used that money to buy my armorings and such. I haven't played in a LONG time but I quit with well over 150M left across all of my toons. 10M will be able to get you something, but thats about it. Its not worth it.

Just take the advice of working towards it. Everything comes with time.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    So when do you start seeing the Credits flooding in?

I started playing a couple of weeks ago, and I now have a Jedi Guardian who is level 21. I thought I was doing pretty well, with ~35,000 credits, until I visted my Class Trainer and had to pay almost 8,000 for the next rank of one of my skills.

Should I be selling all of the bioanalysis materials that I'm gathering out in the world? Or do I just have to scrimp and save until I reach level 55, and then start doing these amazingly lucrative dailies that people have mentioned?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
    So when do you start seeing the Credits flooding in?

I started playing a couple of weeks ago, and I now have a Jedi Guardian who is level 21. I thought I was doing pretty well, with ~35,000 credits, until I visted my Class Trainer and had to pay almost 8,000 for the next rank of one of my skills.

Should I be selling all of the bioanalysis materials that I'm gathering out in the world? Or do I just have to scrimp and save until I reach level 55, and then start doing these amazingly lucrative dailies that people have mentioned?
    I find Cybertech makes a ton of cash on my server, especially at lower levels. Cyber/Scav/Underworld Trading. Craft greens, reverse engineer to get blues, craft and sell blues, or take a risk and R/E and sell purples.

At 55 however, the cash flow isn't so bad once you get past the immediate expenses of your final abilities and your final schematics. For example, I just soloed the Voss heroics on my warrior and got 50,000 credits from those quests, not counting the trash I picked up and vendored. Then I did Czerka dailies for another ~30-40k credits. Couple the dailies with crafting and you'll be all set.

As for making credits while leveling, once you hit Hoth, quests really start to make you good cash. Well, good enough that you'll be making enough money to buy Speeder Piloting III at level 40 and making it up again by the time you leave the planet.

Though, tbh, not sure if Bioanalysis/biochem is much good for credits.
    Putin khuliyo

If you bought66/69/72 mods plus augment kits and the augments themselves, 10 mill sounds like just enough to pay for a pretty good loadout on level. You can cut that to just 2mill for the augments if you only buy the augments and earn gear through regular play, but it's definitely worth buying 72 mainhand hilts/barrels for the strong weapon to get you going. That should be 1-2 mill depending on your server for the mainhand alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelda82 View Post
    If you bought66/69/72 mods plus augment kits and the augments themselves, 10 mill sounds like just enough to pay for a pretty good loadout on level. You can cut that to just 2mill for the augments if you only buy the augments and earn gear through regular play, but it's definitely worth buying 72 mainhand hilts/barrels for the strong weapon to get you going. That should be 1-2 mill depending on your server for the mainhand alone.
    Yeah, Augs get expensive, its about 100k for each piece of gear I have on my server.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    The money from missions begins to stack up around 40+ levels, though you will still spend a lot on your new abilities at the trainers. At 50 to 55, the Section X and Black Hole dailies will net maybe 100000 credits, give or take. Adding Makeb, Oricon, Ilum and Belsavis dailies, you can make a decent amount just by doing dailies, many which you want to do anyway for the comms when gearing up at max level.

Gear is pretty much a non issue during leveling, since you get enough planetary comms to fill yourself with mods about every two planets and it is enough to keep both you and your companion in good shape; good enough to clear heroic 2+ missions solo.

The problem with end game leveling is that the basic comm gear, and even the elite comm gear, has a lot of bad mods in them; same is for 55HM FP drops. Tanking gear has DPS armoring and weird enhancements with alacrity / absorption. It gets worse because drops and comm gear come with armorings that you can only take out and put into similar armor, e.g. from chest to chest piece.

So if you want the optimal stats in your gear, you have to either make them yourself or buy off the GTN. Personally, I have leveled enough crew skills to build my own stuff, which is both a lot cheaper than buying off the GTN, but you can also specify exactly what kind of stat distribution you want. If you insist on buying everything, you will look at a big bill. One or two mods or augments are not bad but an entire gear set gets very costly.