Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Profession boost for Veteran players!

    If you read the strings on the main page one of them mentions Veteran status and explains that Veteran status players get boost to their professions!

    Finally Blizz gets it!

    Thoughts?
    Intel I5-4440 (3.3GHz Boost) | ASROCK B85 Pro4 | 8GB GeIL 1600 MHz DDR3 | Gigabyte Windforce2x GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5 | Seagate 1TB SATA 7200rpm 64M | CM Evo Hyper 212 | CM N3000 Black | FSP Raider 550W

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    34,016
    Could be something we've all been waiting for for a while. Depending on your length of time subscribed you might get...guaranteed procs, perhaps? Maybe costs reduced for things or automatically upgraded to Cata levels of a profession? Pretty neat sounding!

    Edit: "evel 60+ characters will also receive a skill level boost to their primary profession"

    Looks to be related to level and is a boost to the total of the skill.



  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Could be something we've all been waiting for for a while. Depending on your length of time subscribed you might get...guaranteed procs, perhaps? Maybe costs reduced for things or automatically upgraded to Cata levels of a profession? Pretty neat sounding!
    I sure hope you are correct on the last guess

  4. #4
    Following the level boost logic, they might just set one or all proffs of a veteran status player to certain level (like you said, Cata for example!)
    Intel I5-4440 (3.3GHz Boost) | ASROCK B85 Pro4 | 8GB GeIL 1600 MHz DDR3 | Gigabyte Windforce2x GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5 | Seagate 1TB SATA 7200rpm 64M | CM Evo Hyper 212 | CM N3000 Black | FSP Raider 550W

  5. #5
    Brewmaster ACES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,364
    What a great thing! I hate leveling professions so this is a godsend for me when I boost all my low levels guys to 90.

  6. #6
    Surprised bliz haven't awarded 'vet' players sooner - nice feature though.

  7. #7
    Dreadlord Amerin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    811
    Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    Surprised bliz haven't awarded 'vet' players sooner - nice feature though.
    They're not awarding vet players, it's if your character is level 60 and you're boosting it, Blizz considers that a veteran character so you get a profession boost.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    They're not awarding vet players, it's if your character is level 60 and you're boosting it, Blizz considers that a veteran character so you get a profession boost.
    That makes sense. It's not entirely clear, though, so I suppose we have to wait for clarification to be certain.

  9. #9
    Herald of the Titans Platinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,996
    What about people making money from selling leveling mats for professions? Won't this screw them over?

    [email protected] | GeForce GTX 760 | 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB SSD | 1+2TB HDD | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 | Corsair CX V2 500W | NZXT Phantom | 2x 24" 1920x1080 | Qpad MK-80 MX Blue | Logitech G600

  10. #10
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,598
    Kinda feels like a private server, click a button and "poof" enjoy your new stuff.

  11. #11
    I wouldn't base too much on their usage of the word "veteran". It probably just means anyone with a max-level character.

  12. #12
    The Patient NecroGangster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    My bedroom
    Posts
    331
    It's not veteran players, it's veteran character. It means that the character on which you're using the boost is already level 60+.

    Source (front page):

    CHARACTER_UPGRADE_PROFESSION_BOOST - Veteran Bonus: Level 60+ characters will also receive a skill level boost to their primary professions.

  13. #13
    How about they just delete every single +320stat perk from professions and see how many people still use them?

    It's shit game design and this is just a bandaid. "Profession" my ass, it's just a large money/time sink for +320 primary stats.

  14. #14
    Herald of the Titans MrHappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,564
    yay alt professions are no longer a pain in the ass to get to 300


    Praise Ghost Crab !
    www.cherishyourit.ca MCTS - Win 7, MCTS - AD, A+, Security+

  15. #15
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    8,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Could be something we've all been waiting for for a while. Depending on your length of time subscribed you might get...guaranteed procs, perhaps? Maybe costs reduced for things or automatically upgraded to Cata levels of a profession? Pretty neat sounding!

    Edit: "evel 60+ characters will also receive a skill level boost to their primary profession"

    Looks to be related to level and is a boost to the total of the skill.
    I would love Pay cuts to Character Services.

  16. #16
    If they did actually add something special for veteran players (meaning long time subscribers not players who have a max level character) there would be an enormous outcry from the players who picked up the game in TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP or even WoD. These days i would consider someone who has been playing since Wrath a 'veteran' which is kind of ironic because i remember the insult 'Wrath babies' being throw around a lot, i guess now it is Cata babies.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by matters View Post
    If they did actually add something special for veteran players (meaning long time subscribers not players who have a max level character) there would be an enormous outcry from the players who picked up the game in TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP or even WoD. These days i would consider someone who has been playing since Wrath a 'veteran' which is kind of ironic because i remember the insult 'Wrath babies' being throw around a lot, i guess now it is Cata babies.
    Wrath babies was partially because the ease of content in wrath being baby mode. Dungeons and stuff were jokes. Cata on the otherhand...not so much prior to 4.3.

  18. #18
    So boost a level 60 character with 2 professions and get them boosted with you. Sounds good.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    How about they just delete every single +320stat perk from professions and see how many people still use them?

    It's shit game design and this is just a bandaid. "Profession" my ass, it's just a large money/time sink for +320 primary stats.
    Sounds good more gold for me.

  20. #20
    cool all alts get 300 skill professions? everyone rushing into hellfire like lich king dks only this time with the awesome CRZ for 50 skill points to meet once again in borean

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •