Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyina View Post
    I actually have a 60 day pre-paid time card, but I was saving it for WoD. I'm super tempted to just use it now. I have a little less time to play now that I'm back in school, but I want to finish this thing!

I am really stuck on http://www.wowhead.com/npc=70228/sha-amalgamation though. (Wowhead seems to be broken at the moment.)
    If you have healer spec, use that. If not, just keep plugging at him and use self preservation cooldowns and anvils when it prompts you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    They also removed Talisman of Binding Shard.
    A bug hardly counts

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    If you have healer spec, use that. If not, just keep plugging at him and use self preservation cooldowns and anvils when it prompts you.
    I'm a hunter

There was a strat on Wowhead that said to run FAST with a potion and pop all anvils at the very start, and that it would put him down almost all the way, enough to use the spear. It didn't work for me, but I didn't use a potion. I got to the spear and clicked it once, doing it the regular way, but he died at the same time as me and I failed. I tried a couple more times and all my gear was broken so I had to port out and gave up.

I stopped playing in April with the 3000 valor needed quest.

I started playiong off and on the last couple of months but have probably logged maybe 10 hours, and most of that I wasn't doing anything but aimlessly enjoying nostalgic places in the game, hunting a few of the artifact weapons on MOP I didn't have, and enjoying my perception being illegally altered in most western nations while just marveling at the beauty of this game.

But the other night I unknowingly hit 3000/3000 thinking I was barely into it. So I have that carrot on a stick feeling that has me itching to play the game again.
    I feel pretty damn lost with playing catch up. I have most of my 496 Timeless Isle slots and I need to reforge them, I never raided the Thunder King raid until last month one time, and I'm just kind of overwhelmed. I have a number of guides I need to sit down and read but my ADD like brain lately makes me feel like I have the attention span of a gnat. I still have no idea how far I am into the questline, I need to look through this wall of text.

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1653

But WOD has me ready for a fresh start and a new adventure, but I want to enjoy a lot of the new additions to MOP I have no idea exactly regarding how they work. I'll adapt, I always have. Hopefully in time for WOD.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyina View Post
    Well, damn. I'm actually considering resubbing now, but I would need to get it all done in a month because I don't really want to pay for two. Not sure if that's doable. I've never finished a legendary quest. I did a little over half of the scepter quest when it was still available in BC, but didn't finish.
    Getting the cloak in a month is not doable. Getting the cloak done in two months is unlikely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    I'd assume so, it will just take a hell of a lot longer with no LFR.
    I don't think it'll take that much longer. People will very likely want to do it for transmog, and Firelands and Dragon soul raids are both very easy to pew-pew through on a normal difficulty and ignoring pretty much all strats.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's really nothing about the cloak and its quests that would necessitate it being removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    They also removed Talisman of Binding Shard.
    As I hear it, that was never supposed to be a drop in the first place.

There is no point in removing it. It will be an enormous pain in the ass to get it in future expansions anyway since it is by far the most time (lockout) consuming legendary to date and it would be very tricky and tedious getting groups together for so many lockouts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by amaraim View Post
    I don't think it'll take that much longer. People will very likely want to do it for transmog, and Firelands and Dragon soul raids are both very easy to pew-pew through on a normal difficulty and ignoring pretty much all strats.
    Only right now in MoP the stat inflation has reached new extremes and a group of 10 average/bad people can blast through pretty much anything that isn't a current tier MoP raid. After the item squish next expansion, MoP raids might not be quite as simple as you might be expecting.

Deleted
    Of course it'll be. But I'm sure it'll be nerfed to the ground for anyone level 91 and up.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    I assume people will be able to solo MoP raids. Seeing is how it's already possible now... It'll be much easier at 100.
    When the pre-patch lands tanks will no longer gain DPS from vengeance. Soloing MoP raids will only be possible if they provide a fairly substancial buff when you enter the raid akin to what they've described wanting for older ones.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Imhere View Post
    Of course it'll be. But I'm sure it'll be nerfed to the ground for anyone level 91 and up.
    Doubtful. Fangs of the father were good close to level 90. In fact, they even buffed them this expansion for some odd reason. The agility stacks are actually about the equivalent to that of a tyrannical on use trinket.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Imhere View Post
    Certainly, that's how Blizzard deals with outdated content. It becomes useless and takes up storage space if you really want to cling to it. The cloak will be available still but it'll surely be a pain to get it once nobody does the content anymore, and a quite unrewarding one as well, seeing as of now you couldn't even xmog it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    Doubtful. Fangs of the father were good close to level 90. In fact, they even buffed them this expansion for some odd reason. The agility stacks are actually about the equivalent to that of a tyrannical on use trinket.
    The Fangs were a bit of a different matter in my eyes; the cloak is nowhere near as powerful as they were. And we've had the cloak for a time now so it's probably safe to assume that you'd vendor it around level 95 when the stat increases on quest gear outgrows the cloak by far.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2014-01-19 at 09:58 AM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    no legendary except for Atiesh has ever been removed and Atieh has only been removed because they revamped Naxx, .
    They also removed the world dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Getting the cloak in a month is not doable. Getting the cloak done in two months is unlikely.
    He's on the solo scenarios after Secrets of the Empire, the remainder of the quest line is completable within a month, though bad RNG could put that to 5 week, in most cases I'd bet on under a month completion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    As I hear it, that was never supposed to be a drop in the first place.
    I believe the rumour was that their original plan was to have it as part of the Thunderfury chain, but didn't like the idea of people having to give up one legendary item to get another one, so scrapped the item, but forgot to completely remove it from loot tables, until it dropped and they realised of course

Not sure to the accuracy of that, but it rings in my main for some reason so I guess I read it somewhere

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    They also removed the world dragons.
    Which were not legendary, just pretty damned epic

Deleted
    Do yourself a favor and resub to get the cloak. Play around with it preferably in a Flex and either call it, or stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Do yourself a favor and resub to get the cloak.
    wait til a month before WoD.
    Hi

Deleted
    I would be seriously pissed if they removed it or changed it when wod ships because it was the main reason i had "fun" this expansion if there wasn't a legendary cloak for me, i wouldn't have subbed for all those boring months

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I'm like, half way done already.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if it counts, but the Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal is also the other removed legendary. Back on topic, I don't see why they'd remove something so big without warning people prior to removal. They did so with things like Shen'dralar, Zandalar Tribe and other things like that.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

It probably will be, but it will be frustrating to complete when nobody is running the instances even on LFR

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It probably will be, but it will be frustrating to complete when nobody is running the instances even on LFR
    Well the raids will be considerably easier that you wouldn't even need the full 10/25 people to do it on normal. And you could always organise a guild run/look for people in trade that want achievements/tier pieces/transmog stuff/pets, etc. And isn't there a website where you can look for others for older raids? I forget the name of it.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?