Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Have you ever been on TV?

I read a fact the other day that like 1 in every 3 Americans has appeared on TV. Being from the UK that number is prob a little different. So I ask, Have you ever appeared on TV. Even if it was for a few seconds?

I have only ever appeared once, It was on the 10 o'clock news. I had just broke up with my girlfriend and started seeing this other girls, We really like each other but thought It would be awkward to tell everyone right away so we started seeing each other behind out friends back. Anyway It was all going well, no one suspected anything, Until.....We went into Town to have a meal and do some shopping.

After the shopping we noticed the Museum was having a late night Exhibition. We decided to check it out. We seen some TV cameras and stuff and just thought It was some sort of College project. Later that night, after arriving home. I turned on the TV to the news. Only to see Me and said girl, Holding hands looking at Art, It was infact a famous artist came to the city. WHOOPS.

Anyway. Thats the only time I've appeared on tv

Do share your stories.

Deleted
    Not on TV, but in the paper when i was very young (Think 6) met the mayor and got a coin signifying the event; Would probably be around 2000 actually.

A few times. Granted I grew up in central Iowa so getting on tv cause of the Caucasus is not that hard.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was on TV for state wrestling tournaments. It's really pretty cool to record it and watch/listen to the critique and commentary on your performance.

I've never been one of those idiots standing outside the morning show glass waving though. Damn those people annoy me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin
    *slip*
    Our town printed school photos in the newspaper so I had been in a few times.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was in an ESPN crowd shot once.

Deleted
    I was on the Internet once but I think I got away with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Was in an ESPN crowd shot once.
    go sports amirite?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    I've never been one of those idiots standing outside the morning show glass waving though. Damn those people annoy me.
    Pfff.

They're amateurs, give me the chance i'd rock this fucking getup.

Deleted
    Was on Knightmare with my mates when I was younger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I'm aware of. My mother was when my father got arrested but aside from that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Once, after the Vancouver Sun Run. I remembered my time after finishing, then watched the footage of the run later. I was able to spot myself for a couple of seconds before disappearing into a crowd. I might be in other various crowd shots, but this is the only time I've actually been able to pick myself out of the crowd. I don't think I've ever been the focus of a TV shot though.

Was also in a local newspaper once after my soccer team won a tournament.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah 3 times. I did some park clean up for a summer and was interviewed by some local channel. The other two were when I was volunteering help at the Philly special Olympics. One was an interview, the other I was just standing with a group that did some big corny wave thing for NBC.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Not that I'm aware of. My mother was when my father got arrested but aside from that...
    Don't leave me hanging Dars...

Just joking, that's not really something i'd look back on fondly

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but nothing important.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    No I don't think so

Got on national tv with an espn sign I made for an NFL game.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Not on TV, but in the paper when i was very young (Think 6) met the mayor and got a coin signifying the event; Would probably be around 2000 actually.
    lol, I wrote a letter to santa one year and someone sent it in the our local paper. Apparently i was a very materialistic little shit wanting all sorts of toys. The published the letter followed by a MOSTLY tongue in cheek editor's remark talking about how I was representative of the sad state of the spoiled current generation. lol, Dick.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Multiple times in high school - so almost 20 years ago now - good lord I'm old ...

So yeah, the times I remember:
    1) Explaining how and why my botany class were planting trees along with several of my classmates.
    2) Local station getting stock footage for their Thanksgiving broadcast asked me what they should do with their leftovers while I was working pushing carts I just said "eat them" and then kept pushing right along. :-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Yes, but nothing important.
    Was obv important enough to put on TV. do share