View Poll Results: Would you run LFR if there was no loot to be obtained?

Voters
1293. This poll is closed
  • No

830 64.19%
  • Yes

73 5.65%
  • Only once!

390 30.16%
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    LFR just could share ID with Normal and HC. Problem solved. Nobody will every be forced to raid LFR again for loot when they have a normal or HC raid.

Then we apply the scaling from flex to LFR so that people can still do it even if there not as many guys playing LFR anymore.

Everybody sees content, everybody gets loot, nobody is forced to do multiple runs of the same instance per week because of the one item that never drops!

Deleted
    I do lfr once to see tactics so I'm semi-prepared for raids. And after that I only run wings that drop loot for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    LFR just could share ID with Normal and HC. Problem solved.
    I just said that and I 100% agree. Stop trying to take content away from those who enjoy it and just share the lockouts and be happy with the content you chose to do for the week.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Then we apply the scaling from flex to LFR so that people can still do it even if there not as many guys playing LFR anymore.
    The scaling is being applied .. in a fashion. I think queuing works as it does now, where sometimes you get in with only 20 people and it queues for more (or people leave and you're queued for more), and in WoD if you have say 20 people, the bosses will be scaled down to accommodate until your group fills up, so if needs be, you can go short handed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    If you want to see content do LFR, you don't need gear to do that. LFR shouldn't be about getting gear, it should be about getting to SEE the content you think your entitled too.

If you want gear than do Normal mode content.

and why do you think lfr people don't need gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    and why do you think lfr people don't need gear?
    I could ask you the same question , Why do you think LFR people need gear ?

Would you settle for Lower iLevel Blue Gear ??
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I just said that and I 100% agree. Stop trying to take content away from those who enjoy it and just share the lockouts and be happy with the content you chose to do for the week.
    I Totally agree man! They should see the content! They are paying, so please give them this drops, I really cant see the problem of this gear designs.
    Its so appropriate!

http://www.wowhead.com/item=65312
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=64511

Im just kidding a little bit...not this bad, but at least different xD
    Blizzards argument was that casuals just want to see the content. So whats the problem here...this gear would have the same stats/ ilvl.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2014-01-19 at 06:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

It's an RPG, you have a sense of progression, it's a core element of the genre.

If you take out gear, you should also make LFR literally a spectator scenario, show a group being a boss, or NPCs battling it, because once people see it once, you're never gonna get a complete to do it again and queues get worse, so nobody else gets to see it after a few weeks.

To progress there Character in other things they do like Soloing old content. Also no I will not settle for Lower ilevel blue gear because once again raiding is endgame and raiding gear is epic. I refuse to be ok with such a change so the small 1% who want to feel special can feel special.

You get mounts and titles that is gone after the next big content update and you even get special boss's. Enjoy those things and leave LFR alone.

Don't want to feel forced to do LFR then ask blizzard to share the lockouts.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monarken View Post
    If loot was to be removed from LFR, would you still do it?
    If Looking For Raid wouldn't offer me any gear, I'd run it once to see the content and be done with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    remove the loot from LFR and you do not help yourself in any possible way, but you do piss all over the number of people who do want/need loot from LFR, who far outnumber you.
    Removing for loot, in that context, does help in that you dont need to run LFR to have an equal chance to better your raids gear as the next guild that is running it. And as I already explained, that will cut drastically griefers and afk'ers, making the experience lot better for casuals.

10+ Year Old Account

LFR players need gear for the same reason anyone else needs gear. Let me give you a list of some of the things.

- Daily quests
    - rep grinds
    - Faster 5man runs
    - being able to survive in world pvp
    - being able to progress through lfr vaults->heart-> spring-> tot-> soo
    - being able to prevent wipes in lfr/ faster lfr runs
    - being able to progress in general through the course of the expansion (not fun staying at the same power level after 2 years of playing)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Araahaiel View Post
    I do LFR weekly on someone I want gear on, sometimes multiple toons if I feel motivated. If there was no loot at all I would maybe do it once for the achievement. I would in time just go get a flex group to raid with and stop doing LFR once I knew I could just do it in flex.
    Cool, that is exactly what they are trying to design it to do.

Why do heroic or normal raiders need gear? I mean, if they just beat the last boss, that's all good right? What's the point of getting anything out of it. You should just be happy you got the challenge of doing the bosses.
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    To progress there Character in other things they do like Soloing old content. Also no I will not settle for Lower ilevel blue gear because once again raiding is endgame and raiding gear is epic. I refuse to be ok with such a change so the small 1% who want to feel special can feel special.

You get mounts and titles that is gone after the next big content update and you even get special boss's. Enjoy those things and leave LFR alone.

Don't want to feel forced to do LFR then ask blizzard to share the lockouts.
    I have no problem with the shared lockout, I would actually prefer it. but I still personally think if LFR drops gear, it should be Blue .
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll cut griefers and AFKers because it'll cut out everyone, casuals won't run it if there's no gear, and you're talking about removing gear so that maybe 40 people on the server don't have to have little spats about how the other guild got lucky with getting their trinket drops in LFR so that's why they got the server first kill?

That does not actually help you, that just equally hinders both you and that other competitive guild seeing realm firsts.

Quote Originally Posted by Geish View Post
    Removing for loot, in that context, does help in that you dont need to run LFR to have an equal chance to better your raids gear as the next guild that is running it. And as I already explained, that will cut drastically griefers and afk'ers, making the experience lot better for casuals.
    Making it share lockouts with Flex/Normal/Heroic dose the samething.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no problem with the shared lockout, but I still think if LFR drops gear, it should be Blue .
    I disagree but each person has there own opinion.

But sharing lockout's would fix this problem along with giving other ways to gear up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    LFR players need gear for the same reason anyone else needs gear. Let me give you a list of some of the things.

- Daily quests
    - rep grinds
    - Faster 5man runs
    - being able to survive in world pvp
    - being able to progress through lfr vaults->heart-> spring-> tot-> soo
    - being able to prevent wipes in lfr/ faster lfr runs
    - being able to progress in general through the course of the expansion (not fun staying at the same power level after 2 years of playing)
    Soloing old content weekly for those mounts that refuse to drop.

Only if they made flex be the mode you did with "starter gear", else where would you get gear for flex...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    LFR just could share ID with Normal and HC. Problem solved. Nobody will every be forced to raid LFR again for loot when they have a normal or HC raid.

Everybody sees content, everybody gets loot, nobody is forced to do multiple runs of the same instance per week because of the one item that never drops!
    Problem is, that they want those raiders that are willing to and even enjoy helping others in those LFRs, but there is a need to cut out those that are there AFK'ing for loot and who end up abusing others instead of helping. Really the solution is dungeon level gear from bosses.

There will be "timeless isle" and heroic dungeons for those that want better gear but don't have the chance to raid.