View Poll Results: Would you run LFR if there was no loot to be obtained?

Voters
1293. This poll is closed
  • No

830 64.19%
  • Yes

73 5.65%
  • Only once!

390 30.16%
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flex opened before LFR, and normal opened before Flex. Normal mode is supposed to be doable with "starter gear", but be challenging. The modes are meant to be consistent throughout, if you're a flex raider, you'll stay a flex raider, same for normal, same for heroic. You don't need to "gear up" to the next mode. Normal mode ToT gear was enough for Normal Mode SoO, you'd have a harder time than people in heroic mode ToT gear, but then, those are the people who are going to clear normal mode week 1 or 2 and start working on Heroic mode.

You do as many bosses as you can on said mode and acquire gear from them, the option (OPTION) is there to do the lower tier, but it's by no means demanded by anyone other than the community of itself in their attempts to outdo each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Geish View Post
    Problem is, that they want those raiders that are willing to and even enjoy helping others in those LFRs, but there is a need to cut out those that are there AFK'ing for loot and who end up abusing others instead of helping. Really the solution is dungeon level gear from bosses.

There will be "timeless isle" and heroic dungeons for those that want better gear but don't have the chance to raid.
    Lowering the type of gear in LFR would not fix it because once again it would make people stop going.

Sharing the lockouts is the only thing they can do and therefor people will just use there alts to join friends.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    It'll cut griefers and AFKers because it'll cut out everyone, casuals won't run it if there's no gear, and you're talking about removing gear so that maybe 40 people on the server don't have to have little spats about how the other guild got lucky with getting their trinket drops in LFR so that's why they got the server first kill?

That does not actually help you, that just equally hinders both you and that other competitive guild seeing realm firsts.
    You are mixing what I think is the smallest group in the game: LFR die hards who play that as an end game, to actual casuals who don't read these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    To progress there Character in other things they do like Soloing old content. Also no I will not settle for Lower ilevel blue gear because once again raiding is endgame and raiding gear is epic. I refuse to be ok with such a change so the small 1% who want to feel special can feel special.

You get mounts and titles that is gone after the next big content update and you even get special boss's. Enjoy those things and leave LFR alone.

Don't want to feel forced to do LFR then ask blizzard to share the lockouts.
    What do you need gear progression for? Half of the people in LFR will only pull 40k DPS anyway and entire LFR runs are usually carried by a small handful of people. Just for fun I've been logging some of the LFR runs I've done and it is so ridiculously bad sometimes. Soloing old content is an awful excuse. Half of the raid content could be soloed before MoP even came out and the rest can easily be soloed by the time you hit the ilevel heroic scenarios or Timeless Isle give you.

The color isn't really important but blue seems more fitting because LFR loot is not epic. LFR is not epic. From my experience, most (nearly all) people who I've interacted with in LFR don't deserve loot at all... so many entitlement issues with you people. At any rate, it is blatantly obvious you don't put much thought into your posts.

I wish Blizzard would share lockouts but as we've seen somewhat with Flex, LFR is reliant on Flex / Normal / Heroic mode raiders to carry people. Without those people, the average LFR success rate would probably be worse than Normal unless Blizzard nerfed the difficulty significantly more, at which point, gear would need to be removed entirely or the ilevel reduced to such that it isn't even remotely competitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is, that they want those raiders that are willing to and even enjoy helping others in those LFRs, but there is a need to cut out those that are there AFK'ing for loot and who end up abusing others instead of helping. Really the solution is dungeon level gear from bosses.

There will be "timeless isle" and heroic dungeons for those that want better gear but don't have the chance to raid.
    The solution to stop people being arses in LFR is to give out gear so shit that they won't want it and ruin your day? That's using dynamite to knock a wall down ain't it >.>

LFR is shit and I would do it if they put better reward

Deleted
    Why is the simple solution of different designs on the gear from LFR being discarded so quickly...its a simple fact that people just want to look good/better.
    So there is your motivation, and all the motivation you really need to continue raiding and strive for progression!

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86908

This one should only drop in LFR...oh wait it does xD
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2014-01-19 at 06:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xixixviixiiii View Post
    What do you need gear progression for? Half of the people in LFR will only pull 40k DPS anyway and entire LFR runs are usually carried by a small handful of people. Just for fun I've been logging some of the LFR runs I've done and it is so ridiculously bad sometimes. Soloing old content is an awful excuse. Half of the raid content could be soloed before MoP even came out and the rest can easily be soloed by the time you hit the ilevel heroic scenarios or Timeless Isle give you.

The color isn't really important but blue seems more fitting because LFR loot is not epic. LFR is not epic. From my experience, most (nearly all) people who I've interacted with in LFR don't deserve loot at all... so many entitlement issues with you people. At any rate, it is blatantly obvious you don't put much thought into your posts.

I wish Blizzard would share lockouts but as we've seen somewhat with Flex, LFR is reliant on Flex / Normal / Heroic mode raiders to carry people. Without those people, the average LFR success rate would probably be worse than Normal unless Blizzard nerfed the difficulty significantly more, at which point, gear would need to be removed entirely or the ilevel reduced to such that it isn't even remotely competitive.
    My sole opinion on it is, why do people deserve purple colored rewards for doing stuff that not only easy, but you are able to afk in. Why not blue & if you want to progress your character you can step into Normals. You would still be progressing character as they say they want too.

Don't you agree?

Purple Rewards should only come from earning them in Raiding (Normal, Herioc, Mythic) or PvP (Arenas, BGs & Trial of the Gladiator)
    Last edited by Arbs; 2014-01-19 at 06:45 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Lowering the type of gear in LFR would not fix it because once again it would make people stop going.
    You are not suppose to go to the tourist mode every week. They want to move you to flex that "atleast feels like raiding" according to Blizzard, and if you don't/can't raid, there will be other content. Do you think that if LFR "community", that plays LFR as end game, was as large as some would like to believe, that they would be talking like that and wanting people out of it, and regretting that Flex didn't come first? Don't fool yourself people.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    My sole opinion on it is, why do people deserve purple colored rewards for doing stuff that not only easy, but you are able to afk in. Why not blue & if you want to progress your character you can step into Normals. You would still be progressing character as they say they want too.

Don't you agree?
    Why do you care about other peoples gear? Also why not make heroic war forged purple only. Epic just means powerful. It no longer has its original meaning as intended by blizzard.
    Last edited by eillas; 2014-01-19 at 06:46 PM.

Don't you agree?
    What I don't understand is why the color of the item even matters?

10+ Year Old Account
    You are mixing what I think is the smallest group in the game: LFR die hards who play that as an end game, to actual casuals who don't read these forums.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Tweets-DLC-423

The graph here shows that 63% of players (not characters, players) sampled have killed LFR Immerseus, 33% Flex, 19% normal, 6% heroic mode.

If you're doing him for say the Bindings of Immerseus, you have heroic raiders stats counting as having killed Immerseus. Were that the case though, they'd do all difficulties. The majority of heroic raiders will have done normal mode (normal mode being at least a group leader requisite to setting heroic mode), and if those people are wanting that trinket (for example), then they'd have done Flex and LFR too (flex first, better ilevel/stats, if it's gonna drop, you want the better one.

Soooooooooooooooo many more players have been tracked at LFR than the other modes, it's very obvious that, even if you account for heroic/normal mode/flex raiders going back a difficulty or three for loot, that LFR is the most attended difficulty.

LFR "die hards" are quite likely one of if not the largest current demographic, not the smallest.

(only 3.4% of the people who killed heroic immerseus (which made up 6% of the people tracked) had managed to kill heroic garrosh at the time of that news post, that's how small the number of heroic raiders are)
    Last edited by Rixis; 2014-01-19 at 06:45 PM.

Deleted
    I would do it only once just to see the bosses if the story is interesting enough. Additionally, because LFR is going to be dropping loot from now on anyway, I would like it to be of Rare quality.

I would still do LFR a few times to get a basic feel for boss fights but I'd be a hell of a lot more impatient. Would probably leave if I got a seriously bad group instead of sticking it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Now the community is showing its true colors.

"LFR is a great way for me to experience current content whenever I feel like it. I'm solely interested in the storyline."
    Sure.

Although the MMO-Champion community is not one rich of LFR players, I do feel a certain irony. Especially since many "raiders" state LFR is good, but this is obviously in terms of gearing up alts only.
    The better question is what pieces of the game would you play if all loot was removed as a reward and progression was defined strictly in terms of your personal stats based on participation in some activity and your ability to craft through professions. Would people bother to raid at all? Why ask this just about Raid Finder? Like removing all loot from Raid Finder, this would never happen either but the answers would be more interesting. And it might lead to people doing more things they enjoy instead of doing stuff they dislike.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-01-19 at 06:50 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    What I don't understand is why the color of the item even matters?
    Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    Why do you care about other peoples gear? Also why not make heroic war forged purple only. Epic just means powerful. It no longer has its original meaning as intended by blizzard.

The sense of accomplishment, effort & hardwork, my good sirs .
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sense of accomplishment & Hardwork, my good sirs .
    Yours, not theirs, you think your purples will feel better because the lowly LFR raiders are in blues.

Omigosh! i was expecting my computer to burst into flames for entering this thread :S. And no ofc not the only reason i run it now is because we don't have 5 mans to gear alts in anymore :- /

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Yours, not theirs, you think your purples will feel better because the lowly LFR raiders are in blues.
    No, but it hopefully wants them to strive more & try harder content. Progress their characters even further along than they normally would.

People complete LFR & are like I have completed the game, no they should want to strive to finish Normal than Herioc than Mythic.

The sense of accomplishment, effort & hardwork, my good sirs .
    Yours but not theirs. Honestly why do you care about how others have fun? It sounds like your not able to cope with someone having fun in a different way, and you want to smash their fun to make you feel superior. Making it blue does nothing but ego strokes you, and hinders them.