View Poll Results: Would you run LFR if there was no loot to be obtained?

Voters
1293. This poll is closed
  • No

830 64.19%
  • Yes

73 5.65%
  • Only once!

390 30.16%
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't do it now, partly because none of my toons need any loot or what they could use isn't worth the toxic dip shits in there. I don't know why anybody would deal with the jackassery in there if there was no benefit to going.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Didn't blizz proclaim that LFR should be only something like "visitor mode"? I would say we can expect some tweaks in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd do each LFR once to see the content, then not again, I only do it multiple times for gear for soloing purposes, if it gives no gear, it serves no purpose to me.

For everyone else along the same lines as me, the queues are getting longer and longer, if not intolerably long from the first week.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Didn't blizz proclaim that LFR should be only something like "visitor mode"? I would say we can expect some tweaks in WoD.
    It is a visitor mode right now. You can genuinely expect to clear it all in one night. There's really no challenge, but more about getting lucky with a good group.

----

The loot isn't there for the first clear. It's there to keep players engaged for a long period of time. By people saying LFR shouldn't have loot, they are saying they think 70% of Blizzards customers should do all of the LFR raid content once, maybe twice if you're really into the lore, PER PLAYER (not character) and then be done. Why the fuck would Blizzard do that? The way it stands now gear is the only reason to log in another week to do LFR again. And when you don't get the gear you want, you do it again next week. And that reward structure expands to alts as well.

LFR loot and keeping those "casuals" all these raiders hate so much paying their sub is what funds your playing. Fucking learn to love it.

Deleted
    No, fuck that.

I do LFR for alts, id rather see armor changed to blue rather then being removed. Id also like to see a "Solo" of the raid like Rift did so you can go there and learn tactics and things or use it as a "Oh this boss looks cool" kinda thing,

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    It is a visitor mode right now. You can genuinely expect to clear it all in one night. There's really no challenge, but more about getting lucky with a good group.

----

The loot isn't there for the first clear. It's there to keep players engaged for a long period of time. By people saying LFR shouldn't have loot, they are saying they think 70% of Blizzards customers should do all of the LFR raid content once, maybe twice if you're really into the lore, PER PLAYER (not character) and then be done. Why the fuck would Blizzard do that? The way it stands now gear is the only reason to log in another week to do LFR again. And when you don't get the gear you want, you do it again next week. And that reward structure expands to alts as well.

LFR loot and keeping those "casuals" all these raiders hate so much paying their sub is what funds your playing. Fucking learn to love it.
    Visitor mode...with a legendary? lol no

I still expect tweaks in terms of loot. Of course it will still drop loot, but maybe just non-tier item, or no chance for tertiary stat, or something like that.

when i did lfr back in the days it was to upgrade the last pieces i could that i havent got in the main raid yet or gear up alts so i could do alt runs with him. And i am by far not alone. If loot was removed. So would LFR. No one would do it. Thats the truth. Queues would rocket to the moon and back. much longer than a day

Deleted
    I dont do it because I hate the people who do it.

No, there's absolutely no reason for me to do LFR if there was no loot.

Deleted
    Casuals need and are getting more and better paths for progression. But when and if they do step in to LFR to see the raid, they would benefit greatly from there being no loot, so there wouldn't be any raiders who are forced to be there for loot telling them that they suck or just plaing AFK'ing (yes, it's mostly capable raiders who feel forced to be there for the loot from last boss), or whatever stupid grief one might come up when they can't take it anymore. Most of the casuals care a lot more about meaningful and friendly social interaction, and making friends than loot. I personally know two guys who didn't even realize they got loot from LFR after doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geish View Post
    Casuals need and are getting more and better paths for progression. But when and if they do step in to LFR to see the raid, they would benefit greatly from there being no loot, so there wouldn't be any raiders who are forced to be there for loot telling them that they suck or just plaing AFK'ing (yes, it's mostly capable raiders who feel forced to be there for the loot from last boss), or whatever stupid grief one might come up when they can't take it anymore. Most of the casuals care a lot more about meaningful and friendly social interaction, and making friends than loot. I personally know two guys who didn't even realize they got loot from LFR after doing it.
    So casual LFR raiders shouldn't get loot because some raiders are elitist pricks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I'd do it once and watch the raid team's budget get slashed again when raid attendance tanks because Blizzard screwed over the LFR playerbase to please a bunch of narcissists who don't even rate a single digit in the overall player base.
    They should slash the raid team's budget anyway. Why do we need so much new art and voice acting and cut scenes in raids, when nobody has time to look at them. Molten Core was fine. They should use those artists to do features that enhance the social aspects of the game, like a dance studio or timeless isle type of places where people actually have a chance to stop and look around. Content that the casuals actually care about without screwing over other players. I would bet that the LFR die hards, that see that as an actual end game and the thing that they want to do, is the smallest group in this game, and thus will be the one that is most likely to get screwed over in the coming expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it would be completely pointless if the gear was removed other than just seeing it once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Removing loot from a Raid is the stupidest idea I have seen in a long time.

LFR is RAIDING.

Raiding has loot.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Deleted
    lfr is the main reason i kept playing for so long (unsubbed few months ago after clearing 3/4 flex).
    It got content for my unusual schedule i can't commit to every week with 100% so yes it's a very good feature and it is fun if you at least take the effort to be social and kind to eachother.

Deleted
    So casual LFR raiders shouldn't get loot because some raiders are elitist pricks?
    It might not be the case of elitist pricks every time, just that they are forced to do LFR to stay competitive, when they don't want to and even good guys can lose it once in a while. Basically, to keep it short, for the good of the game, you can get loot but just not loot that could be usefull to a raider.

you can get loot but just not loot that could be usefull to a raider.
    That is not possible without pissing off 75% of the wow playerbase.

Removing loot from LFR because a small % want to not feel forced to do it is stupid. What blizzard needs to do is more stuff like TI so people have more choice's.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Why do we need so much new art and voice acting and cut scenes in raids, when nobody has time to look at them.
    HC and Normal raiders will wipe a couple of times on certain bosses. Also having to visit the place once a week makes the enviroment and boss models important, since you'll be looking at them for quite a while, whereas questing zones nowadays.. you just pass by them in no time.

LFR should actually look into that aspect of the raid more than any other difficulty, yet it doesn't because of the difficulty.