View Poll Results: Would you run LFR if there was no loot to be obtained?

Voters
1293. This poll is closed
  • No

830 64.19%
  • Yes

73 5.65%
  • Only once!

390 30.16%
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Oh, another special snowflake syndrome thread?
    If it doesn't affect you, why the hell would you care?

Once to do the story. Can't imagine the queue times if it still requires a full raid and doesn't give any tangible reward, though.

If there was also no gear required to do it, yes. Otherwise, no. Like any other form of raiding, you have to have up to date gear for the next one.

That said, there is absolutely zero reason to remove gear from raid finder. Zero.

Deleted
    Now that I'm in a guild doing normal and pushing heroics fuck no.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Looking at Siege, LFR still has a much higher participation rate than Flex, by at least half.
    That's because pugs still find flex SoO hard.

Deleted
    Oh god no. As many others, I only run it to gear up alts. I change chat channel so I don't have to look at the raid chat as people tend to annoy the hell out of me, don't look at Recount so I don't have to care if I do bad or good, as well, I'm there to gear up and get better. I just follow everyone else, nuke what I need to nuke, and don't say a thing. No loot drops, no reason to run it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahFrigginBlah View Post
    my whole opinion of this thread is actually summed up on the early pages when the reverse was suggested. would you still do heroic if it did not reward gear? hell no you wouldnt.
    I actually would, it's just like wanting to beat a game to full 100% (For example a simple/normal/hard mode I usually play game through on normal, and then on hard because I wanna do the whole game). The problem though is that heroic-modes right now are balanced around having gear that's a bit better than normal-mode so that would mean it needs to be rebalanced or gear needs to be changed from normal mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Theronus View Post
    Oh, another special snowflake syndrome thread?
    If it doesn't affect you, why the hell would you care?

Tier and VP gear pulled off vendors in order to prop up LFR which in turn took away the anti bad RNG system. This system had allowed non-raiders the ability to obtain normal mode raid level gear without stepping foot into a raid. Both raiders and non-raiders got hurt in Blizzards attempt to shove non-raiders into raiding. It is fairly narrow minded to think that LFR has no affect on other aspects of the game. Blizzards goal of shoving non-raiders into LFR as a long term grind has failed and with it goes the pedestal it sits on with the community hopefully getting what they asked for in the first place, alternatives to raiding.

If players was enjoying themselves and being happy with their own accomplishments then there wouldnt be complaints about others getting rewarded for putting more effort into a video game. It doesnt seem the community has yet come up with a name for the "special snowflakes" that fail to succeed and in turn get butthurt at others for being better than them. Ego issues all around.

I am still waiting on that source Callei.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-01-22 at 11:11 PM.

I would still kinda do LFR for the VP for a bit and to practice. However it wouldn't be a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would only do it with no loot if it wasn't as painful as it is now, otherwise, no way.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

/10 char.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only once and only if I at least got valor from it.

There's no reward in playing through how PAINFUL LFR is, when it's just "for funzies" and to learn strat with people I'll never see again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

I would, probably only once for the storyline. Depends on the raid. ToT I'd probably do once, SoO I would maybe do a few times, both horde/alliance side so I could see everything.

I don't care about loot in LFR (Hell I never get loot anyway), it's more about seeing content for me.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Yes, once or twice. Then no.

If you're proposing that this would be a good idea, no it wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I often run flex/lfr several times pr week on same char. Either to help others, or because i'm bored.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    No! LFR is tourist mode for casual players to see content. People can clear LFR with 1 or 2 people Afk. That is not raiding!
    The gear should have different designs. And this should be the legendary drop from LFR raiding:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=18233/

When used have the power to change the entire history and gameplay of this game and instantly created 50 threats of QQ on Blizzard official forums to reduce the difficulty of the entire game. ^^
    well then 40 man raiding in classic wasnt raiding because you could kill bosses with 8 dead and 4 either afk or DCd.

Deleted
    Loot in LFR, doesnt realy matter to me. What matters is that doing LFR is basicly one of the stepping stones when gearing your char, unless you get boosted there realy is not any other options. TI 535 changed this abit, but still..

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahFrigginBlah View Post

my whole opinion of this thread is actually summed up on the early pages when the reverse was suggested. would you still do heroic if it did not reward gear? hell no you wouldnt.

end of story
    heroic is the pinnacle of raiding LF"R" is, well, not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Once to do the story. Can't imagine the queue times if it still requires a full raid and doesn't give any tangible reward, though.
    but the tangible reward is getting to SEE the content that you are otherwise incapable of completing.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Once to see the content, then probably leave the game as there's no more progression paths for my preference.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Advancing your character is a big part of MMORPG's, the OP question makes no sense whatsoever and honestly just seems to be some 8/14 normal raider who's trying to start a flame war.