Page 1 of 2
LastLast

there are no quality guilds for a 550

it seems impossible to find a good raiding guild at this point in the expansion. any guild raiding NSoO at this point seems to be full of bads, or have terrible personnel/attendance issues. pugging is painful. I'm ready to give up

so join one of those shitty guilds get some gear and then join a better progressed one.

Maybe It's your realm.

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedcandy View Post
    it seems impossible to find a good raiding guild at this point in the expansion. any guild raiding NSoO at this point seems to be full of bads, or have terrible personnel/attendance issues. pugging is painful. I'm ready to give up
    Not all players take the game (<-- this word) seriously (<-- this word) I guess?

any guild raiding NSoO at this point seems to be full of bads, or have terrible personnel/attendance issues.
    No kidding.

10m raiding is in a flux due to upcoming WoD changes, people gravitate towards 25m guilds for stability.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRet

"This server shutdown was so epic not even Illidan was prepared for it"

If you look for for an established and serious raiding guild then your gear won't matter a lot of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    If you look for for an established and serious raiding guild then your gear won't matter a lot of the time.
    they all want a crazy high ilvl for the most part

Any decent guild will take experience over current gear.

Options:
    1. Be really, really good at this game in a way that people will notice even without gear.
    2. Be decent at this game and move up the ranks in guilds.
    3. Be bad and embrace your people.

yep thats true, normal Soo is geared so that afull group of players with ToT 522 gear can clear enough bosses to continue progressing up to garrosh. my alts in a casual guild and they wanted my alt to be 545+ before even going with them on normal mode... it's just hilarious how much people rely on outgearing content now to down it.

join a shit guild, get their gear, join a less shitty guild, get their gear, repeat.

Keep looking. Better ten-man guilds will be upsizing and recruiting if they're smart. That will be your first clue.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Sadly, unless you have verifiable raiding experience, you will need to guild hop to get into a decent guild (as others here have suggested). If you don't know which guilds to look for, go to any semi-respected 25-man guild's wowprogress page for your server. Go through their individual players and look at their guild history. You will be able to see the guilds that are commonly used as "stepping stones" on your server.

Also, don't get offended if someone demands a certain ilvl up-front. At this point, people aren't looking to re-progress on bosses and will demand whatever they think they can get. It's not your business what they're looking for in a player to join their ranks.

This is coming from someone who hard re-rolled (started completely fresh with no gold/heirlooms) on a high-pop server mid-ToT and I'm already currently raiding with a top-20 US 25-man. I also only raid about 9-12 hours a week and I'm a raid logger (I'm only ever online for raids). This game isn't as hard or as time-consuming as people say if you do it right.
    Last edited by Sulla; 2014-01-19 at 08:01 AM.

Go get Warcraft Logs. Log some attempts of you in Flexi / LFR. Apply to a heroic raiding guild. Assuming you're not a terrible player, and your logs are competent (good uptimes and DPS relative to your gear level), there's a good chance you will be accepted for a trial. (This is assuming you're not 0/14 normal mode).

السلام عليكم

Prove you can play to your gear level, that you are putting in effort to improve gear without a carry, and having all your gear gemmed, enchanted, and reforged will up the chances big time of a guild over looking a ilevel number. The problem is most people don't do these things. Either out of laziness or just plan entitlement.

If your armory shows you have put in the effort and you are smart enough to make logs and show you know how to play your class that item level number will get over looked a lot easier. Will all guilds? No. But they aren't likely what you are looking for then. Most guilds that follow blindly 100% on item level requirements are looking for a carry themselves and are probably going to be pretty bad.

Just remember it isn't all DPS/HPS numbers you want to show in logs. Utility and survivability (avoiding mechanics) go a lot longer when looking for a decent guild. I know at my guild we take under geared people all the time as long as they show they can stay out of fire, use abilities outside their standard rotation, and still preform their rotation to the level of their gear.

Sounds more like a shitty attitude issue then a " There are 0 normal mode SoO groups" issue

what are your standards? what do you mean by "quality guild"

Are we talking guilds who are 14/14 H or guilds who have just gotten started in SoO?

Quote Originally Posted by Imhere View Post
    what are your standards? what do you mean by "quality guild"

Are we talking guilds who are 14/14 H or guilds who have just gotten started in SoO?
    From his OP he either wants a top tier or mid tier I think.

Join a good 25 man Guild, run 2-3 Times with them - Be happy about item level 575