View Poll Results: Does the color of someone's skin play a role in their attractiveness?

Voters
579. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not at all.

    85 14.68%
  • Very much so.

    268 46.29%
  • Perhaps a little, but mostly not.

    205 35.41%
  • Other.

    21 3.63%
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
... LastLast
  1. #241
    I wonder if people who have a problem with this think it's self-hatred to also use tanning oils, creams and sprays to artificially make you darker than you'd be from just walking around.

    Personally, I don't care what you want to do to alter your appearance. If you can find someone who likes it and you that's all that matters. It's not anyone else's business if you want to tattoo your face with Pokemon or change the color of your skin.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    So your common ground is that you're both against a position that doesn't exist. Good work with that. We probably are all also against neo-Nazi invaders from Jupiter's moons.
    debatable, but that's neither here nor there. See, this is the part of the argument where two rational people, who have come to better understand eachother's positions, accept their differences of opinions and leave it, on common ground, amicably. At least that would be the case if we weren't all freaking misanthropistic sociopaths.

  3. #243
    See, I don't understand what the big deal is. If skin color doesn't matter, why does somebody wanting to bleach theirs matter? I just see it as similar to a tattoo. That's how they want to look.

    Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    See, I don't understand what the big deal is. If skin color doesn't matter, why does somebody wanting to bleach theirs matter? I just see it as similar to a tattoo. That's how they want to look.
    Because social status. Sexual attraction is just a footnote in this mess.
    "I will provide a propagandistic casus belli. Its credibility doesn't matter. The victor will not be asked whether he told the truth"
    Adolf Hitler-adressing his Wehrmacht commanders in regards to the Invasion of Poland

  5. #245
    Over 9000! adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    9,862
    People use the racist card incorrectly

  6. #246
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    debatable, but that's neither here nor there. .
    Like your entire argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    And that's why racist or dumb people call me racist when I say that most blacks and jews piss me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    But the first thing that comes to mind when I think of a black person is either Morpheus, Steve Harvey, or some guy in jail.
    Uh...huh

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    This forum has a mini stormfront section and then a bunch of "i'm not really racist, but"crowd.
    You Can't help who you find attractive. I tend to only like pale women. Doesn't make me racist.

    Saying thats racist is like saying gay men hate women because they don't like them attractive.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Because social status. Sexual attraction is just a footnote in this mess.
    I mean why the fuck are people judging her for changing her appearance in a way that she prefers?

    Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

  9. #249
    So much double morale; if it is a White woman getting a tan, nobody pays attention but if it is a coloured woman getting bleached, then everybody freaks out and calls the Racism Police. Political Corectness ruined the world.

    But she does look better white.
    Last edited by DJ117; 2014-01-19 at 05:11 PM.

  10. #250
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    I mean why the fuck are people judging her for changing her appearance in a way that she prefers?
    The question is "why" though...

    many people lighten simply because they feel dark skin is ugly but why... probably has something to do with media image of what beauty is... and that's never dark skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    And that's why racist or dumb people call me racist when I say that most blacks and jews piss me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    But the first thing that comes to mind when I think of a black person is either Morpheus, Steve Harvey, or some guy in jail.
    Uh...huh

  11. #251
    Stood in the Fire FAILoZOFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    POlant
    Posts
    362
    I don't find darker skin attractive at all.

  12. #252
    Immortal Manakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cambridge!
    Posts
    7,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    debatable, but that's neither here nor there. See, this is the part of the argument where two rational people, who have come to better understand eachother's positions, accept their differences of opinions and leave it, on common ground, amicably. At least that would be the case if we weren't all freaking misanthropistic sociopaths.
    I really just made a cup of tea.

    Kidding. (Well, i did)

    We've talked over the span of three to four pages, we've explored each others arguments and you've found ground to rest our debate in peace; I still find certain elements of your argument put forth highly questionable, but i respect people have differing views.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oh Manakin, have I told you lately that I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    The British did not play a major role in WW2

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    debatable, but that's neither here nor there. See, this is the part of the argument where two rational people, who have come to better understand eachother's positions, accept their differences of opinions and leave it, on common ground, amicably. At least that would be the case if we weren't all freaking misanthropistic sociopaths.
    I do not believe that there are two rational positions here. Not everything has multiple valid positions.

  14. #254
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,838
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    She looks better white.
    She looks ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    And that's why racist or dumb people call me racist when I say that most blacks and jews piss me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    But the first thing that comes to mind when I think of a black person is either Morpheus, Steve Harvey, or some guy in jail.
    Uh...huh

  15. #255
    Legendary! Quetzl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mass, US
    Posts
    6,770
    I think she's ugly either way, but she looks better with darker skin. Too many artificial modifications all around, though.

  16. #256
    To me - yes - skin color matters when it comes to attraction. It doesn't matter, however, in all other aspects*.

    *Ok... maybe I couldn't be the friend of someone who is so obsessed with tanning that visits sun studio twice a day. I prefer natural skin color (or natural tanning, under the sun)

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    probably has something to do with media image of what beauty is... and that's never dark skin.
    Obvious bullshit. To believe this you have to just outright deny the existence of dark-skinned models.

  18. #258
    Immortal Manakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cambridge!
    Posts
    7,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    She looks ugly.
    To be frank, she looked better as her old self; The procedure she underwent was entirely unnecessary, source: 18 yr old Gen ot Denizen.

    Then again, if she feels confident in her body who am i to criticize her.

    This thing feels confident, i have much to learn.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oh Manakin, have I told you lately that I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    The British did not play a major role in WW2

  19. #259
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Obvious bullshit. To believe this you have to just outright deny the existence of dark-skinned models.
    Obviously by never I meant usually.

    Usually the beauty standard isn't dark, there are dark models that doesn't instantly = all print and commercial work standards are very very open. There are dark models now who still talk about the inequality in the industry.

    Most Asian countries the standard of beauty isn't tan like many of them are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    And that's why racist or dumb people call me racist when I say that most blacks and jews piss me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    But the first thing that comes to mind when I think of a black person is either Morpheus, Steve Harvey, or some guy in jail.
    Uh...huh

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Obviously by never I meant usually.
    Yeah, I clearly should know that "never" means "usually". Totally obvious.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •