Poll: Does the color of someone's skin play a role in their attractiveness?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    because her racism and self-hatred is appalling

sorry if that makes you angry, but that's the truth
    You can deduct that just from the paltry amount of information being peddled?

I find it highly questionable WHY she did it, but to denounce it as racism is... Strange to me; Perhaps i'm failing to see it that's all.

Why do you think it's racist and self-hatred?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Why do you think it's racist and self-hatred?
    Even self-hatred is a strange choice of words, insecure? Marketing ploys?

I'm certain that photoshop and lighting contributed to the color present in the picture, but to assign those two labels...

I wouldn't mind it being explained.

Brainfart edit; Works > Words.
    Last edited by mmoc1aca3196c5; 2014-01-20 at 12:39 AM.

Humans find averages attractive, see my other post. Finding a particular phenotype as being not attractive is NOT racist, but dismissing an entire racial group based upon that phenotype alone is definitely racist. So, if you don't find black skin attractive, that's fine, but if that makes you sexually dismiss all black people as a result, then that can definitely be construed as racist.

Semantics are my domain, no one will ever win a debate pertinent to them with me.
    The color of the skin is not race. Just because someone is African, does not mean they will be black.

- - - Updated - - -

As long as she is not harming, who are you to decide, how she should act? Again, she has one life, She has the right to be racist, hate homosexual, be completely nasty of the person, as long as her ACTIONS do not affect someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    The color of the skin is not race. Just because someone is African, does not mean they will be black.

- - - Updated - - -

As long as she is not harming, who are you to decide, how she should act? Again, she has one life, She has the right to be racist, hate homosexual, be completely nasty of the person, as long as her ACTIONS do not affect someone else.
    I don't know why when a person says they are against something that other people try to say you can't decide how she should act.... like no, no one said that, people are simply stating their opinions about it.

If you read more carefully the cream is just supposed to cover blemishes and those pictures are not showing her actual skin colour. In fact that may be the point of the ad. As if any cream could be that effective!

I'm sure her picture has a fair bit of photoshopping involved, too.
    It doesn't even have to be Photoshop, the pictures look straight up overexposed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    Actually free speech only prevents the government from punishing you for what you say. It does NOT protect you from criticism. In fact criticism is also protected by free speech, indeed it's encouraged.

But this particular issue is a load of nonsense spun out of nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    But tanning actually looks good!
    I can't tell if this is a joke or not.

So according to some of you its racist to want to choose your own skin color? Uh...no, thats not what racism is. Its nothing more than an appearance choice, like hair color. You are reading way too much into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    But tanning actually looks good!
    Honestly, tanning rarely looks good. It's not because the skin is getting darker, it's because it looks unnatural and flaky after tanning. The same for bleaching your skin. Natural skin, whether white or black or in between, is the best.

Skin is just a color. Some people don't like their natural eye color so they get contacts. Some don't like their hair color so they dye it. Hell, a ton of black girls wear weaves or wigs because they don't like the way their hair naturally is. We don't give people shit for that. We may think they're vain, but no one's given a choice in how they look and a lot of people aren't happy with it. It should be their choice what they do with their body, whether or not we think it's dumb, or vain, or self-hating.

And for the record, that poll is incredibly biased towards making people appear racist. Of course skin color is an important part of attraction. So is bone structure, or weight, or accent, or whatever else. Everything plays a role in who you're attracted to, and appearance is the first thing we judge someone on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    That's a ridiculous stance, you don't think there are people of all different colours that reside in Europe and share a similar culture? What an ignorant statement.
    Nope, not a whole lot. Immigrants just stick to their own culture for the most part. Besides, not even all white Europeans have the same culture and this clashes already. The further you go from home, the further you go from your own cultural background. Someone from an entirely different continent isn't an easy match. This isn't rocket science guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    And for the record, that poll is incredibly biased towards making people appear racist. Of course skin color is an important part of attraction. So is bone structure, or weight, or accent, or whatever else. Everything plays a role in who you're attracted to, and appearance is the first thing we judge someone on.
    Exactly.

The other extreme end of this discussion would be to accept the first person to approach you because denying anyone is a form of discrimination. That's not helping anyone to get happy though. A preference is totally normal. Preference of skin colour, of hair colour, of eye colour, of a certain personality, you name it. We have that freedom of choice so why are people bitching about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    BTW, I voted "very much so", but this isn't a "white people are more attractive than black people" sort of thing. Certain colors work better with certain other colors in combination with certain body and face shapes and hair colors. I don't find myself much attracted to very dark skinned people with very blonde hair for example, but I do like the reverse (pale women with dark hair). With this girl, I really don't like the way her black features look with white skin. So yes, I think the way a person comes together, their hair, their features, their skin tone matters. It's like a piece of art, sometimes things just don't go together well, be it you were born that way or made yourself that way.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

still has black features so it's not gonna work that great.

She looked far better with her natural, darker skin tone....
    I don't get why so many dark skinned inviduals do this.... while white people go to such lengths to get themselves tanned or fake-tanned (spray tan / tanning bed etc.)..
    People look best with their natural skin colors, as it matches their features best.... I find people from african origins, in general, to be far better looking when not bleached..
    and same goes for white individuals, a pale white woman from scandinavia, looks best to me when she's pale white, and not tanned from hours at the beach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    Unfortunately i have been forced to try a G-string, female one to make it worse just no!
    I'd love to hear that story. #nohomo
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    I'd love to hear that story. #nohomo
    MMO-C will not be able to handle that information.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”