Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Best gadget for watching movies on a 11 hours flight.

What gizmo has the longest battery life while watching movies? At an affordable price.

I see some that has a description where it it says battery life of 11 hours, for example, but it's probably not for when watching movies, as it uses a lot more resources then.

So any experiences here, maybe? Appreciate it.

Deleted
    buying sleeping pills is cheaper haha

Deleted
    PSvita has a decent battery life, or the iPad if you can be bothered with apple

Quote Originally Posted by SwizzleTweets View Post
    What gizmo has the longest battery life while watching movies? At an affordable price.

I see some that has a description where it it says battery life of 11 hours, for example, but it's probably not for when watching movies, as it uses a lot more resources then.

So any experiences here, maybe? Appreciate it.
    You could always buy a couple of those rechargeable battery thingies you can plug into tablets and handhelds devices.

Get a ~6000 mAh auxiliary charger (sometimes called a "power bank") that you plug into the device to charge it. They cost around 50 dollars and will let you recharge the battery in a Nexus 7 about 1.5 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Get a ~6000 mAh auxiliary charger (sometimes called a "power bank") that you plug into the device to charge it. They cost around 50 dollars and will let you recharge the battery in a Nexus 7 about 1.5 times.
    This plus the nexus 7 having a pretty good battery life (in my experience) is your best bet
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

My Asus Transformer has held up for days on end. Sometimes I am surprised by it!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you need serious run time, get an external battery. I personally have a 6000mAh Patriot one, which will charge my phone almost three times or a Nexus 7 one and a third times. They also come in sizes up to 9000mAh, which will do the Nexus 7 more than twice.

Or there's even bigger ones available, like this 12000mAh Verbatim unit, or this 15000mAh Anker unit.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    I know some international airlines (Qantas does for sure) have digital media screens on the back of each seat so you can watch movies, TV shows, play video games, or listen to music for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    buying sleeping pills is cheaper haha
    lol..... but actually it's my preferred method too..
    During long flights I try to sleep as much away as I can. Usually helps to counter the jet lag at the destination.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    I've got an ipad air and it gets around 9 hours of watching videos before it dies... battery life is suprisingly good but it's probably one of the more expensive options. The only one I have personal experience with though.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    I know some international airlines (Qantas does for sure) have digital media screens on the back of each seat so you can watch movies, TV shows, play video games, or listen to music for free.
    Just traveled to Europe on a 10 hour flight and they had these. Everyone I've known says that there's Tv's on the back of international flights now. New movies!

My GF has an asus transformer prime (tf201) (old now but still decent), with 18h total battery time between the pad and the keyboard (which has an additional batter pack built in). Very slim package (thinner than pretty much all regular laptops), noiseless and light (think it's something like 0.6kg in total). It's an android tablet so you're not stuck in apple-land either (for those that don't want that).

Built in seat back tv's with like 100+ Movies and TV shows on them.

11 hours ouch! Hope the chairs are comfy!

I would check with your airline to see what entertainment options will be available first as those will be a lot cheaper. I only fly once or twice a year and some airlines have great entertainment options and others not so much. You might also want to check with your airlines to see if they have any recharging options right on the plane.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    11 hours ouch!
    First 2 hours and 35 minutes flight, then 11 hours and 5 minutes, and last 6 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    11 hours ouch! Hope the chairs are comfy!

I would check with your airline to see what entertainment options will be available first as those will be a lot cheaper. I only fly once or twice a year and some airlines have great entertainment options and others not so much. You might also want to check with your airlines to see if they have any recharging options right on the plane.

Good luck!
    When I go on holiday to my home country(bosnia) it takes something like 23 hours of flight time alone, usually by the time we hit the second change point somewhere in asia I'm sick of flying already lol.

OT: An ipad can do this even though it's on the more expensive side. Any tablet combined with a power bank like the others above have recommended will do the trick as well, not to mention most overseas flights have in-flight entertainment systems with loads of movies, tv shows and even games built in.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I have an Asus Transformer 300 and it does really good on battery life. Depending on what type of video you are watching (codecs) you can watch it on power saving mode (for even better life) or balanced mode.

As several mentioned you might want to have another power bank of some sort. Whether it's a battery, keyboard (most have battery packs included), etc. To be safe though if you have like a backup laptop or something to use it could help.

Also, is it a straight flight? Or will you be stopping midway to change flights? If so, you could always use that time to charge and can watch stuff still while it charges.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perryn View Post
    It's an android tablet so you're not stuck in apple-land either (for those that don't want that).
    Oh the fear in good technology, made on quality equipment that lasts for ages. Oh the fear.. the fear haunts me. I suppose I have to get rid of my Macbook Air, Iphone and Ipad now, right?

OT: You're never going to watch 11 hours straight, you're probably going to end up watching a few hours and doing some other stuff. Grab you phone, charge it, grab a pokemon game and time flies, you wont notice you're even there. Just doing all the gyms goes extremely fast, but is also very time consuming.

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty much every time I fly there is a power outlet I believe seatguru can tell you if there is or not.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR