Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    No one would cancel school due to cold. Only due to impassable terrain ie snowed in.
    That is when you bring out the shovels

10+ Year Old Account
    raw onions are fucking nasty

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like most raw onions. Spring onions are the exception. So tasty. :3

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    All onions, in any type of state (raw, boiled, fried, w/e), are terrible and offer nothing good to food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time I go afk for a bit this thread is a few pages further in and on a new topic!
    That's never happened in any mafia sign up thread or even the mafia discussion thread xD

I love all onions in any type of state. Raw onions are so nice but cooked onions on sausage or accompanying a steak are delish! However whenever I cook onions I can't help but eat some raw xD

I'm not sure btw do sausage sizzles in other countries always have onions as an accompaniment or is it just sausage+bread or bun + choice of sauces?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    All onions, in any type of state (raw, boiled, fried, w/e), are terrible and offer nothing good to food.
    D:

You're calling Blooming Onions terrible?!

SACRILEGE!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Onions should be served in only three ways. Raw, Sauteed, and Battered + Deep Fried. And those have very specific applications.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sauteed = Fried? I'm not sure but fried onions = awesome.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Sauteed = Fried? I'm not sure but fried onions = awesome.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saut%C3%A9ing

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep that is what I would call fried

When I was little I LOVED onions.... Then in my early and mid teens I HATED them. Now I'm indifferent, unless they are raw. Still can't stand raw onions

10+ Year Old Account
    how did this get onto onions again? I just saw a post about it when I woke up lol

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

The Onion is the best onion for getting news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Cancelling school due to -6 fahrenheit? (that's -21 celcius for all us metric-empowered people)

Here in Norway that's the point where I start wearing a jacket

Then again, people are looking weird at me for that. I am happy that I have my Real Life Inner Fire buff

Apparently the buses require special maintenance once the temperature dips below 10 Fahrenheit. Maintenance that the schools don't really have a need to pay for since it only gets this cold..... never (almost)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombercloner View Post
    Apparently the buses require special maintenance once the temperature dips below 10 Fahrenheit. Maintenance that the schools don't really have a need to pay for since it only gets this cold..... never (almost)
    Correct, seeing as they run on diesel fuel. All diesel engines requires special care in the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Correct, seeing as they run on diesel fuel. All diesel engines requires special care in the cold.
    Something having to do with the lower temperature increasing the pressure needed for the diesel fuel to self-ignite, if I remember that lecture in Thermo right.

Bombercloner:

Ah, the joys of business insanity.

"Fire insurance? Yeah, that's $50000/year" says the insurance company.
    "Sure", says the school board.
    "Insurance against meteor strikes, only $2000 extra?" asks the insurance company.
    "Nope" says the school.
    "Insurance against rampaging burning cattle?" asks the insurance company.
    "Nope" says the school

Then the principal looks over this and says to himself:
    "You know, we're screwed if one of our kids are hit by a meteor. Our insurance own't cover that. Hm."

The next day, these school rules are pasted on the bullentin board:
    - In case of fire, hit fire alarm.
    - Astronomy clubs are strictly forbidden on campus.
    - Students are personally liable for any damages caused by setting fire to nearby cows.

--

It's not that the school buses don't work in the wintertime. It's just that someone did a similar loop of logic.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

a: the only onion family food that is acceptable are leeks.

also HA! closeing school at -6, darling the only time school is canceled here was when the gov. shut shit down because it was -50

We use diesel cars in Norway as well. My mother has one. It regularly drops to -30 celcius in her area. Never been a problem for anyone.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    We use diesel cars in Norway as well. My mother has one. It regularly drops to -30 celcius in her area. Never been a problem for anyone.
    Cars are different than larger vehicles though.