15+ Year Old Account

HoT timers on Grid, still possible in 2014?

Hi guys

I am not playing WoW but one of my friends do, and he seems to have trouble with making Grid show timers for Rejuvenation and Lifebloom (I assume these are the only two worth having shown as a Restoration Druid?). Nonetheless, back when I was playing, an add-on called "GridStatusHots" that made it possible to show timers on Grid for various spells. Well, that is no longer supported and no matter where I look, people seem to have stopped using timers for hots on Grid since 2012. I guess some kind of new add-on is used now or what's going on with this awesome lost feature?

So, is it possible to make Grid show timers for healing-over-time spells (specifically Lifebloom and Rejuvation)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Switch to grid2. All of this stuff is built in there.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/grid2
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

GridIndicatorBorderTexts Should allow you to make Grid2-style timers in Grid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    Switch to grid2. All of this stuff is built in there.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/grid2
    Does it still function today? It says last updated in may 2013 on the website.

EDIT: NVM, the other link tordenflesk linked says supports 5.4 I'll try it out, thanks.

Grid made the functionality of GridStatusHots a baseline function recently, which is why the extension is no longer updated. Infact, don't install it as it can cause terrible frame-rate issues when porting between realms in a fight.

The only thing needed to display the text instead of the icon is an Indicator plugin, suchas the one tordenflesk suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    GridIndicatorBorderTexts Should allow you to make Grid2-style timers in Grid.
    Been using this plugin for quite a long time now. Don't trust grid2!