Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I was in a similar situation to you a few months ago. It took me approximately 3.5 weeks from level cap to get into SoO normal. That was with a lot of help though from friends and I bought all the 553 boes as well. that said, 3 weeks into SoO and im 551 now. You definitely have time to gear up and get into it. As far as the legendary quest goes, It will take you about 11 weeks or so to complete.

I just had this in mind, Im leveling one right now... Will it be viable without legen cloak for HCs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ote View Post
    I just had this in mind, Im leveling one right now... Will it be viable without legen cloak for HCs?
    Viable yes. If people will accept you? That's a different question. You not having cloak implies not having played that class actively which implies limited class knowledge. But yeah, you can always try. There are enought guilds out there that wouldn't mind a recent reroll. Do keep in mind, a reroll to a lock, even as not intended as such, can be percieved as a FOTM reroll. If applying somewhere, try pointing out reasons that let to your reroll (or whatever reason you play a character that you haven't played before).

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the problem with leveling a new character and wanting to raid heroic SoO with it now will be getting from 510 or so tosomething like 540+ so you're ready for normals. Face it, once you hit 90 you get Timeless 496 gear... get the 450 scenario weapon etc. Fill in with crafted, run some SoO LFR... getting to 510 or even 520 is going to be fairly easy.... but 4 months into the tier that is very marginal for even Flex.

Now, if you have a guild or friends that will help out, much better. If not, getting over that 20-30 ilevel hump could be annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Anabash View Post
    As the title says, is it too late to make a Warlock now that would be used for raiding? I haven't done any raiding since HC Firelands, and I've been focusing entirely on PvP the last few years, but now I would actually like to begin raiding again and Warlock seems to be a nice class for raiding. Is is possible to catch up now? or is it too far into the expansion.... I'm also thinking about legendary cloak and stuff like that. Leveling probably won't take long, so within a week.
    I would consider this. Warlocks are extremely popular right now due to the amount of changes, and cool things that they've gotten in MoP. They've increased in population, but when WoD hits, and we get 90 boosts and an opportunity to purchase boosts in the in game store, the population of warlocks is going to skyrocket. That lends itself to some issues, but if you're okay with it, roll wat u like.

I was just wondering if the diff btw dps from non-cloak to cloak will be as it has been on my druid, or it does matter a lot more? I do have a guild and they might like it if I rerol, cz we are in need of a warlock (for WoD). 10/14hc, I think I could equip fairly fast. (Whats FOTM?)

from personal experience, the cloak is a huge, huge step up from immersus cape.

thread: if your planning on rolling a warlock because it's FOTM forget it, we will be nerfed on the exp and be back to our spot (which is still very good but not this ridiculous overpowered thing that we are now)

Deleted
    I was just wondering if the diff btw dps from non-cloak to cloak will be as it has been on my druid, or it does matter a lot more? I do have a guild and they might like it if I rerol, cz we are in need of a warlock (for WoD). 10/14hc, I think I could equip fairly fast. (Whats FOTM?)
    It stands for Flavor Of The Month. It's a class or spec that is overpowered compared to other classes. Many people often chose to roll these classes because of that overpoweredness.

Im on the fence right now about coming back and leveling my destruction warlock (currently lv87) which i had a blast with but im not sure how it is in pvp if not it would be a windwalker monk but its already 90

Would like someone with some experience to let me know on either. Thx
    Last edited by Rawfury; 2014-01-22 at 02:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfury View Post
    Im on the fence right now about coming back and leveling my destruction warlock (currently lv87) which i had a blast with but im not sure how it is in pvp if not it would be a windwalker monk but its already 90

Would like someone with some experience to let me know on either. Thx
    Monks are fuckin awesome in pvp. Go with that.

Trust me you have plenty of time. You even have time to complete the legendary - not that you need it. Just start the quest chain ASAP.

- - - Updated - - -

On my Rogue the cloak is about 4% of my single target DPS (I guess I dunno, 5-6% including the stats on it). So a nice noticeable solid upgrade, but not so much that you can't play without it.

However it is epic for AoE, if I line up a huge amount of mobs and the proc goes off at the right time it can be like 20% plus... but that's AoE of course :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Never too late - in fact, this patch is going to last for ages so if you enjoy the Warlock playstyle enough to raid with it now and beyond into WoD, now's the perfect time to play catch up.

I was a hunter and a spriest for a very long time and felt bummed by the changes both classes received this expansion. Finally, after leveling and keeping both caught up in raiding gear and the cloak quest, I got fed up and quit around 5.2. Came back in 5.4, tried them again, realized I STILL hated them, tried a warlock and fell in love - after all, it basically feels like the best parts of both classes rolled into one and they are so much better to level than back in the vanilla/bc days. Now I've decided to make it my main for the remainder of this expansion and into WoD. FotM accusations be damned - if it's fun, it's fun, and if you take the time to learn and play your class well you will be appreciated no matter what you play as.

Pros to rerolling:
    -Timeless Isle makes getting up to the LFR level a breeze, and it really is possible to get LFR ready fast. Also, Timeless is a million times more fun than the heroic > retro raid grind you had to do before.
    -Account wide achievements, mounts and titles don't bound you as much to one old main.
    -MoP's launch daily glut has been largely removed; you only need Revered and above if you want the fun stuff like mounts/tabards, or special crafting recipes. Most importantly, this means the 496s and 522s you need to patch holes in your Timeless/LFR gear can be done without running around doing endless dailies first.
    -This raid tier is going to stick around for so long that unless your interest is hardcore heroic progression, you will easily have more than enough time to level up, gear up, level professions and STILL get normal geared and into raiding content by a reasonable amount of time if that's what you want.

Cons:
    That legendary cloak quest... It's awful to be so behind and you WILL be stuck grinding valor points and retro raids that will give you quickly obsolete, if not entirely useless, gear. The worst part of it is it's gated to be busywork so you can't hardcore your way out of it - I'm at the test of valor and even after the nerf to 3k (did it on my previous two characters when it was 6k) It's STILL a massive pain.

My timetable: Started in early December, now even with horrible LFR luck at 509 and the Valor part of the cloak quest. I am doing entry-level Flex and LFR without an issue.
    Last edited by Fumu; 2014-01-22 at 08:36 AM.

It really depends on your resources, time, and luck... Do you have friends/contacts who can help you get into a decent flex run or even just fast LFR (read: tank/healer) que? It doesn't sound like much but power que'ing can shave off so much time its probably the biggest asset when you look at the big picture. Can you afford boe/boa items? Do you have the time to rep grind and the patience to run LFR's for all the steps of the legendary? You can do a destro lock without the legendary meta easily enough or with minimal loss compared to having it but aff will suffer significantly. The cloak is huge in several ways and still well beyond even the best heroic warforged cape. That said, capes should be about the most readily handed out item in raids since virtually everyone has their legendary already.

More importantly would you still *want* to play a warlock if we were midpack performers or (as in cata days) had to work 2x as hard for half the results? If warlocks were as strong in pve as they are in pvp would you still want to play it? If you can honestly answer yes to that one then go for it. The odds of locks coming through to WoD with our balls still attached are pretty slim. Ultimately...play what you enjoy. If its a lock great, welcome! If you think dps meters will fall over with their legs in the air in 2 weeks then perhaps rethink things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Trust me you have plenty of time. You even have time to complete the legendary - not that you need it. Just start the quest chain ASAP.

- - - Updated - - -

On my Rogue the cloak is about 4% of my single target DPS (I guess I dunno, 5-6% including the stats on it). So a nice noticeable solid upgrade, but not so much that you can't play without it.

However it is epic for AoE, if I line up a huge amount of mobs and the proc goes off at the right time it can be like 20% plus... but that's AoE of course :P
    You are forgetting the amounts of stats gained from the legendary compared to generic 550-560 cloak.
    For me it was a 30k dps upgrade (roughly 10%) when I upgraded from a 551 cloak.