Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Gender (In)Equality.

Got a question and I need a few responses.

Your feelings towards gender inequality, is it a myth or is it true, either way how does it affect society? (IN a political way, in a financial way, etc.)

A.Gender Equality is true, genders are equal.
    B.Gender Equality is false, genders are not equal.
    C.There is a lot of gender equality, but there is some gender inequality that shouldn't exist.
    D. There is a lot of gender equality, but there is some gender inequality because of how genders are different and should exist.

Please post with as much detail and would love any data/stats you have.

Also,DO NOT START A FIGHT

This is for a project and I need to see the reviews, responses, and statistics of people, not a bunch of bored idiots wanting to start a fight.
    So for the sake of the threat, for the sake of my project, and for the sake of peace and making mod's lives easiers,.

No fighting, please! Just respectable answers, if you want to debate, then -debate- kindly and PREFERABLY in private messages.
    Last edited by The Jester; 2014-01-19 at 04:05 PM.
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

10+ Year Old Account
    You talking about just gender, man and woman, or equating sexuality into it too?
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You talking about just gender, man and woman, or equating sexuality into it too?
    Man and Woman, nothing too deep
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

I don't know what you're asking. Are you asking if there's differences in certain abilities? Quite obviously, there are. Are you asking if there's societal inequities? Again, quite obviously, there are. A combination of biological differences and a long, long history of cultural differences more or less ensures that it will remain so.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't know what you're asking. Are you asking if there's differences in certain abilities? Quite obviously, there are. Are you asking if there's societal inequities? Again, quite obviously, there are. A combination of biological differences and a long, long history of cultural differences more or less ensures that it will remain so.

More or less agree with Spectral on all points. so in short I would have to go with

D. There is a lot of gender equality, but there is some gender inequality because of how genders are different and should exist.

Sexual dimorphism is a phenotypic difference between males and females of the same species, meaning that there are obvious differences between the male and female of the species. Examples include differences in morphology, size, ornamentation and behavior.

Can we please not? These kinds of threads always boil down to the same old Tumblrist/YouTube war, with Social Justice Warriors and those who oppose them. Like Religious debates, nothing good ever comes from it on this forum.

Define: gender equality

Are men and women equal? Nope. Just gotta look at them to figure that one out.
    Should men and women be considered equal in the eyes of the law? Yeah.

So uh, D or C I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Can we please not? These kinds of threads always boil down to the same old Tumblrist/YouTube war, with Social Justice Warriors and those who oppose them. Like Religious debates, nothing good ever comes from it on this forum.
    Yeah this is probably true.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I think that gender inequality and sexism lie at the core of many many many social and cultural issues that are not being addressed atm. Big topic of the future! but first we have to deal with male homosexuality and even still racism.

I believe women and men should be as equal they can be taking in to account the fact they cannot be the same. They could be more equal then they are now, but perfect equalism is impossible.

Men and Women are not currently considered equal and should be and even if they were, the construction of this topic still points at gender inequality because it considers gender as a binary switch rather than an entirely fluid construct that some people exist between or outside of

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    ...it considers gender as a binary switch rather than an entirely fluid construct that some people exist between or outside of
    I give zero fucks about these very special snowflakes. I'm happy to acknowledge the gender of a trans person as whatever they tell me it is, but as soon as someone starts in with the, "I don't have just one gender" routine, they can fuck right off.

gender equality is false. gender equivalence is true.

a man is not equal to a woman, but they are both equally valuable.

for instance, if I have a baby, I'll be on a break from work for a few days. meanwhile, the woman I had a baby with will get to spend a few months away from work. not equal. before that, she has to carry the baby for 9 months and finally give birth. I don't. not equal. she can breastfeed the baby, I can't. not equal.

however, none of that makes me more or less valuable than her. we both have our roles to play in this world. we are equivalent.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I give zero fucks about these very special snowflakes. I'm happy to acknowledge the gender of a trans person as whatever they tell me it is, but as soon as someone starts in with the, "I don't have just one gender" routine, they can fuck right off.
    see, there we go

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    gender equality is false. gender equivalence is true.

a man is not equal to a woman, but they are both equally valuable.

for instance, if I have a baby, I'll be on a break from work for a few days. meanwhile, the woman I had a baby with will get to spend a few months away from work. not equal. before that, she has to carry the baby for 9 months and finally give birth. I don't. not equal. she can breastfeed the baby, I can't. not equal.

however, none of that makes me more or less valuable than her. we both have our roles to play in this world. we are equivalent.
    good answer, i take this one
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    If it goes that bad, I'll ask a mod to kindly close it.

However, I asked everyone to refrain from fighting and I expect everyone here is old enough and mature enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright lads! Thank you so much for your answers, a lot of good responses here
    New season. Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuki Terumi View Post
    Got a question and I need a few responses.

Your feelings towards gender inequality, is it a myth or is it true, either way how does it affect society? (IN a political way, in a financial way, etc.)

A.Gender Equality is true, genders are equal.
    B.Gender Equality is false, genders are not equal.
    C.There is a lot of gender equality, but there is some gender inequality that shouldn't exist.

Please post with as much detail and would love any data/stats you have.

Also,DO NOT START A FIGHT

This is for a project and I need to see the reviews, responses, and statistics of people, not a bunch of bored idiots wanting to start a fight.
    So for the sake of the threat, for the sake of my project, and for the sake of peace and making mod's lives easiers,.

No fighting, please! Just respectable answers, if you want to debate, then -debate- kindly and PREFERABLY in private messages.
    You should probably do the research yourself instead of having people do it for you. I'm sure that is what your teacher is expecting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Men and Women are not currently considered equal and should be and even if they were, the construction of this topic still points at gender inequality because it considers gender as a binary switch rather than an entirely fluid construct that some people exist between or outside of
    Are you talking about transgender or hermaphrodites?

As a woman, I don't believe that women and men are necessarily equal, however, I feel that if they perform similarly they should be rewarded as equals. If a woman performs the identical task to a man, then she should be compensated as he would be. She shouldn't be denied advancements and opportunities.

Now, with that said, I feel sometimes that women use sexuality to get ahead. If they've used sexuality to get ahead, and men haven't, how are they more entitled or even equally entitled? They're not. Using sex as a weapon, or tool of advancement is classless. If you're willing to throw your snatch around for career advancement, then perhaps you're only proving that you do belong home in the kitchen. With that said, I don't think it's acceptable for men to promise advancements based on a woman's sexual performance, or how she dresses.

Now, on the home front. I don't believe that 'this is a womans work' or 'this is a mans work'. People should perform the role that they are best suited for. Maybe he's a better cook than her. Maybe she enjoys cutting the grass. Maybe she wants to leave the kids at home and be the best that she can be at the office and he wants to take care of the kids. Whatever makes them happy as a couple because successful relationships are partnerships.

Deleted
    Similar, yet different.

One gender may have an alleviated strength in one area, and vice versa.

I see no reason why there shouldn't be legal and societal equality between people, be it gender, sexuality, or "Race".

People just need to be nicer

Mostly 'D' I guess.

Equality must be determined based on the specific individuals situation.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance