Deno lock, haste or mastery?

So, I've being trying several things but I can't seem to balance between, tbh, I don't see any difference between the two.

My ilvl is 571, hence I'm doing heroics, hence I also need to optimize my character. My dps is not bad, but still want to improve it, my first step was to go by icy-veins guide and go for 12.5% haste, and then 25% haste. I didn't saw any improvement so I went to the guide here in this very forum and went for 35% haste (little higher I now have 15053) but every thing still seems to be the same.

So I took out simcraft, imported my character and started to play with my haste. Perhaps I did it wrong because even with a theoretical 0 haste I got the same results. I don't usually trying to theorycraft myself and I both icy and this forums are the best sources, but this time I'm trying to get out more.

I'm not linking any logs, my last right was a disaster for me.

Thank You,
    Lumikor of the Catshire

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/terenas/Lumikor/

* Should be demo lock @ title of course.
    Last edited by Lumikor; 2014-01-19 at 06:20 PM.

First thing I would change is that you are a little over 3% above the hit cap, that's a lot of wasted stats. I haven't played demo in a while and last I heard crit was very good for it now that you can't use UVLS but I was just looking around and everything says to go:

Haste to 14873 in higher gear for the extra doom and shadowflame tick > mastery > haste over soft caps > crit.

Go to askmrrobot or some other program and plug those weights in and do what it says

Edit: I had already done that and you only have to change a few things so I may as well just post them here!

Change your 2 brilliant gems (dont use these) and 1 of the reckless gems to artful gems.
    Reforge your main hand weapon's hit to mastery, remove the reforge on your cloak, and change the hit on your pennyroyal ring to mastery
    Doing all this will get you about as close to the haste and hit caps as you can be and squeeze out a bit more mastery, hope this helps!
    Last edited by Kamswow; 2014-01-19 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamswow View Post
    Haste to 14873 in higher gear for the extra doom and shadowflame tick > mastery > haste over soft caps > crit.
    this but last one would be mastery>crit>haste over cap

Deleted
    Just like to point out that if you are a Troll it's worth the extra 7 haste to hit 14880 which grants an extra tick of Doom with Lust/Meta/Zerking.

Demo does pretty well on short single target fights like IJ/Malkorok and that extra tick can crit for over a million, so it's definitely worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Just like to point out that if you are a Troll it's worth the extra 7 haste to hit 14880 which grants an extra tick of Doom with Lust/Meta/Zerking.

Demo does pretty well on short single target fights like IJ/Malkorok and that extra tick can crit for over a million, so it's definitely worth it!
    I want to try demo again just to see how the opener dooms go now with black blood and all that haste.

So, last night I tested in real raid environment the following:
    1. top haste cap (35%)
    2. medium haste cap (25%)
    3. mastery only

I saw no difference at all, under the same conditions it all came up the same exactly like the sims I ran.

Deleted
    I still run 8097 haste>Mastery>>Crit>haste, mainly because I still sometimes switch to destro and also prefer less haste when I do so.

It's a matter of preference really - how you prefer fury generation/usage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whabam View Post
    I still run 8097 haste>Mastery>>Crit>haste, mainly because I still sometimes switch to destro and also prefer less haste when I do so.

It's a matter of preference really - how you prefer fury generation/usage.
    I run same, I actually felt like the high Haste build was a loss for me, just didn't feel like there was any 'recovery' when I blew all cooldowns and with multidotting especially the much weaker Dooms were really noticeable. I think a lot does depend on playstyle as the weightings are so close and Fury expense is far more fluid than I think a sim can replicate. Might see what happens with a full on Mastery build in cleanup tonight if I don't get my KTT back from recovery to see how it feels compared to BYOB.

There's almost no difference between secondaries for demo / destruction outside of heavy aoe situations where mastery is king. Which is why everyone just stacks mastery and some arbitrary preferred amount of haste, because if everything's the same you may as well be optimal for the aoe situations of which there are plenty this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    There's almost no difference between secondaries for demo / destruction outside of heavy aoe situations where mastery is king. Which is why everyone just stacks mastery and some arbitrary preferred amount of haste, because if everything's the same you may as well be optimal for the aoe situations of which there are plenty this tier.
    Basically this, stack mastery because it is never less awesome than anything else, and then haste/crit as you prefer. If I am playing pure demo, I choose higher haste, because it has more consistent fury income + ability to generate it in a known amount of time, but you could choose higher crit if you are offspeccing destro and prefer low to medium haste for that - neither really impacts total dps, just ability to control where your burst is.