Poll: What do you raid?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    My 10 man group has killed all the bosses on normal in SOO and 1 heroic. Currently working on Sha as our next heroic kill.
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

So, based on this poll ... what, about 2% of everyone who's cleared h Garry (in the West) posts to MMO-C (and has seen / voted in this poll) ?

To extrapolate that to the wider WoW audience ... let's assume mmodata.net has relatively accurate numbers, and even round down a bit and assume just under half of WoW's total subs are in the West (to account for at least some of the unique accounts).

This poll would need to get 60 thousand total votes (2% of 3 million) to match the rates at which people who've cleared H Garry are voting in it, for the general Western WoW audience.

It currently has 565 votes.

That combined with the rate at which the poll says MMO-C posters have cleared H Garry ... are MMO-C posters (vs just readers) really 100x more extreme (in their raiding, and in their posting) than the general WoW audience ? One hundred times ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

23% on blackfuse!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    That combined with the rate at which the poll says MMO-C posters have cleared H Garry ... are MMO-C posters (vs just readers) really 100x more extreme (in their raiding, and in their posting) than the general WoW audience ? One hundred times ?
    100x is the wrong way to think of it... it's just that MMO-C in general is a biased sample of the playerbase since it's comprised of a) people who even look at online forums, then b) those who look at more than the official forums and then c) people who bother to create an account here and finally d) people who responded to this poll.

Consider this - according to the poll results something like 90% of respondents raid at Flex or above . I doubt 90% of the playerbase raids, even if we included LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny how you all keep assuming that people voting in this poll aren't either a) lying to themselves and others for...well i don't know why really, or b) simply trolling in their vote.

Should've added an option for people who downed almost every boss. Currently 13/14 HC, 35 wipes on garrosh so far.

This poll smells like bs. Reminds me of when you see a thread about Naxx40 and every third poster says they full cleared it. Most people defending the results are saying the more hardcore people tend to be more active on a third party community, which is absolutely true.

That begs the question; where are all these hardcore voters' reply to the thread? Just about 110 posts in, with some 20 or so (guesstimate) replies being 14h while over 130 votes are saying they cleared the raid. 100 hardcore people who "are active and engage in the community" are missing.

One could make the argument that not all top players are interested in that, but why would they vote on the poll in the first place if they aren't interested in the results or the progress of others? Curious about that.

On topic: 14normal, waiting on our Holy Pala/Feral druid to come home from vacation before we delve into the early heroics and ideally get the first 3+maybe Galakras.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been mostly doing LFR, but couple days ago friend asked to join Siege of Orgrimmar normal and we managed to down 10/14 with PuG.

Sadly we got stuck on Thok after 5 hours of running the raid, so we called it out and went to sleep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erikrsson View Post
    Should've added an option for people who downed almost every boss. Currently 13/14 HC, 35 wipes on garrosh so far.
    There is an option for that. You don't have 14/14HC until you have 14/14HC!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

15+ Year Old Account
    everyone is 14/14H
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

10/14H aiming for 14H before WoD

There should be option "Most of all HC" for people with 9-13H bosses, HC 1-3 can be cleared by capable PuG

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently 13/14H and progressing our way through Garrosh (10H)

Deleted
    Started working on Heroic Siegecrafter last week.