Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Learn to play: Phantom Assassin

A thread for learning how to play Phantom Assassin, inspired by recent conversations with others about her.

So the basics are: PA is a melee Dire agility hero. She's typically played as a carry, and as a typical Agility carry, she's mostly focused around right-clicking things until they die. She has some limited utility with Stifling Dagger, but otherwise doesn't bring much to a team besides her damage.

She's somewhat item dependent, like most Agility heroes, and she also scales very well with items, but she's less reliant than some other heroes. She's also pretty simple to play, and doesn't require excellent farming skills, so she's a solid choice for a relative newcomer that wants to learn to play a carry that will still be effective once they exit "bronze league" games.

Now then, the next most important thing is, when should you pick Phantom Assassin over a different hero? Well, obviously you should pick her if your team needs some right-click damage. She's also an excellent choice if the enemy team is heavy on right-click damage; her built-in evasion necessitates MKBs from anyone that wants to reliably right-click her down (hurr hurr RNG.) Keep in mind that Hex mechanics will disable evasion, though, so be wary of heroes that have Hex (Rhasta and Lion), or can quickly afford a sheepstick (Dark Seer, Profit, Tinker, etc.)

Phantom Assassin is also a good choice if you want to play an aggressive game, rather than one focused on farming. She needs relatively little gold to become a force to be reckoned with, and primarily just needs attack speed to really excel. Troll Warlord and Beastmaster make good complimentary picks for her for that reason. PA is also reasonably effective at getting at least some farm even against difficult lanes, so she's somewhat flexible in laning options. Just remember that as an Agility hero, Phantom Assassin is pretty fragile until you buy some Strength for her, so an enemy team heavy on nukes can become problematic for her and force her to waste money on a BKB.

As far as building PA, you'll want to leave base with a shield, some consumables, and (if you have random gold), some pieces to start your Ring of Aquila with (Ring of Protection to make a Ring of Basilius in lane is a good choice), filling any empty slots with branches like usual. In lane, you'll generally want to finish your Ring of Aquila, get your Phase Boots, and then work your way to Drums of Endurance. If your lane is being problematic, you can buy a Helm of Iron Will (which can be turned into a Helm of the Dominator later), or just spend some extra gold on consumables. An alternative build that I've been enjoying lately is to stop with a Ring of Basilius and finish a Vladimir's Offering instead - this frees up your orb slot (which would otherwise be occupied by HotD/Satanic lifesteal) and aids pushing, but it can be a little while before the Vlad aura provides more damage than Aquila stats. You could also just disassemble the Aquila and make Vlad's, but then you're left with an orphaned Wraith Band. As always, turn the shield into a Poor Man's Shield if you're getting right-clicked a lot while in lane.

Assuming your lane hasn't been awful, you should have your Aquila (or Vlad's), Phase Boots, possible Poor Man's Shield, and at least a Bracer around 15 minutes or so; this gives you a lot of cheap, effective stats, and combined with around level 7-8, plenty of right-clicking power. If your lane is still going well, finish up your Drums and take stock. If things are still going well, consider adding a Yasha to your items before seeking out fights; if things are sketchy, finish those Drums and start fighting, and get the Yasha later.

Ultimately, our goal is to get a lot of cheap, effective stats as quickly as possible and take advantage of PA's excellent steroid passives (evasion and her crit) to allow her to be played aggressively; regardless of what guides and the in-game recommended items tab tells you, Battle Fury is an awful item for her. PA isn't an Anti-Mage or other carry that needs several thousand gold's worth of items to really become effective; her crit gives her a lot of free damage, and her evasion dramatically amplifies the amount of effective HP she gains from buying Strength. Battle Fury is a farming item, and PA simply doesn't need to spend that kind of time farming. You buy a Battle Fury to increase your farming speed (which is why a hero like Anti-Mage commonly builds one), not to help you fight better.

Battle Fury will set you back 4350 gold, and aside from the +65 damage, doesn't really give PA much in the way of meaningful stats. To put things into perspective, for the same 4350 gold, you can buy:

- An entire Ring of Aquila (985 gold); 15 damage, Aquila aura (armor/mana regen), 57 HP

- An entire Drum of Endurance (1775 gold); 12 damage, Drums aura and active (movespeed/attack speed), 171 HP

- An entire Vladimir's Offering (2050 gold); Vlad aura (lifesteal, +15% damage, armor, mana regen)

- An entire Helm of the Dominator (1850 gold); 20 damage, 5 armor, 15% lifesteal orb, Dominate Creep (dominated creep can provide an aura, too)

- An entire Yasha (2050 gold); 16 damage, 31 attack speed, 10% move speed

I'm disregarding health and mana regen because these aren't really relevant in a fight; 6 HP/sec regen won't determine if you win or lose a fight, and if you need to recharge, you can always just leg-hump your team's Meka carrier or just head back to base. PA's mana costs aren't high enough to really warrant much mana regen; what you get from Aquila or Vlad aura and INT is more than enough.

And while Battle Fury does provide more damage than 4350 gold's worth of the above items, it provides only flat damage, nothing else - the above items also provide health, attack speed, and other useful stats in addition to the damage, and in some cases build into other items as well (Sange and Yasha, Satanic, etc.)

And if pure damage is what you're really after, it doesn't get much better than a Desolator, which you can snag for only 4100 gold. I guess the takeaway here is that Battle Fury is bad on PA, and you should really, really stop getting it on her!

On the whole, though, what you want to be buying for PA is primarily health and attack speed; again, she already gets loads of damage from her ult, so you don't need to buy much for her. PA also tends to chase a lot, so move speed is also pretty useful. Because of this, after you get your basics, you'll often want to consider a Sange and Yasha, Assault Cuirass, or even a Mjollnir as your next big item. Beyond that, you really want to build to deal with what the enemy team is rolling out - MKB to deal with evasion or Panda, Abyssal Blade if you need to deal with an enemy BKB, finish that Satanic, or maybe even an Eye of Skadi because... well, because Eye of Skadi is awesome. (Eye of Skadi also stacks with lifesteal orbs!)

So... a quick summary of what we've learned so far?

Consider picking Phantom Assassin if:

- You need right-click damage that starts early and scales well
    - You need a carry that will perform well in direct fights against enemy carries
    - You need right-click damage that doesn't require a large amount of gold
    - As a hero to deal with a Silencer lane (her spells are all very cheap and have short cooldowns)

Consider skipping Phantom Assassin if:

- The enemy team's damage is primarily magical
    - The enemy team includes Lion, Rhasta, or Panda

Heroes that pair well with Phantom Assassin include:

- Any hero that provides attack speed (Troll Warlord, Beastmaster)
    - Any hero that can help her deal with stuns, slows, or magical damage (Omniknight, Abbadon)
    - Dark Seer
    - Any hero that lowers enemy armor (Slardar, Dazzle, Elder Titan)

Phantom Assassin's core item build should include items like:

- Ring of Aquila
    - Vladimir's Offering
    - Drum of Endurance
    - Helm of the Dominator
    - Yasha

Phantom Assassin's core item build should not include items like:

- Battle Fury
    - Battle Fury
    - Battle Fury
    - Battle Fury
    - Battle Fury

Good extension items for Phantom Assassin include:

- Desolator
    - Sange and Yasha
    - Satanic
    - Eye of Skadi

Of course, there's always more to learn about a hero. This should just function as a starting point for discussion!
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Thing with Battle Fury is the fact that the cleave is pure damage and goes through all armor. A stacked up teamfight with a crit of 1000 can quickly turn the tides. And, instead of it taking you twelve hits to kill a creepwave (average of 3hits/mob), it takes you five hits with the BF, quickly move to next wave, clear and go back before you get ganked. If the wave gets too pushed, you quickly clear the whole forest, and wait for your lane to be pushed again or go to another. PA is not meant to join the first teamfights that happen, with the regen of BF, you make sure you keep a good early/mid game with mana regen/hp regen, and quickly get gold for other big items. So no, what you say about people getting BF for the pure damage is false, it's meant as a quick way to farm for a hero that hits hard but has no quick way of farming. I really don't see how you can call PA a hero that doesn't need farm. She crits for maybe 300 without any items, and she has what, 900hp mid game? She won't stand a chance against nukes without any items, and unlike AM, she doesn't have a decent escape mechanic. PA is one of the easiest heroes to shut down, especially without BKB, if you get a Hex, her evasion is useless and the effective HP you're talking about = 0.

Also, for your core items:

- Ring of Aquila I can accept
    - Vladimir's Offering, yeah no, get a Dominator and make it Satanic, let a support worry about Vlad for the auras.
    - Drum of Endurance is alright, I don't see the reason for it though if you're not in dire need of HP, but rather build a BKB if so, and you already have one gap closer and one slow.
    - Yasha is ok if you're having troubles with farming, but you might aswell go for big items instead of this one.

To the core extension items, you should really add MKB to it. Skadi is really not worth it, it's waaaaaay too expensive for 25stats and some HP, and you already have your 5 second dagger to slow heroes down, so the passive slow is not really all that.

It's a good post, but I think you're underestemating the laning phase and mid game a bit too much, and going for fights too early for a hero as PA. Any nuker is gonna destroy her first since she has to go melee with people, so when you decide to blink in, if they have big nukers like say Lion or Lina, you're doomed.
    Last edited by Kapaya; 2013-12-15 at 02:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Thing with Battle Fury is the fact that the cleave is pure damage and goes through all armor. A stacked up teamfight with a crit of 1000 can quickly turn the tides.
    Which doesn't happen without some way of forcing the enemy team to stack up - Magnus, Dark Seer, etc.

PA is not meant to join the first teamfights that happen, with the regen of BF, you make sure you keep a good early/mid game with mana regen/hp regen, and quickly get gold for other big items. So no, what you say about people getting BF for the pure damage is false, it's meant as a quick way to farm for a hero that hits hard but has no quick way of farming. I really don't see how you can call PA a hero that doesn't need farm.
    Because she doesn't. Again: with just phase boots and bfury, she's critting for almost 600 damage. You can make more efficient use of the money spent on Battle Fury, so why wouldn't you?

She crits for maybe 300 without any items, and she has what, 900hp mid game?
    Yeah, 300 on the average 700-800 HP heroes have at that stage of the game. She'll have more like 1100 HP if you aren't wasting money on shitty items like Battle Fury.

She won't stand a chance against nukes without any items, and unlike AM, she doesn't have a decent escape mechanic. PA is one of the easiest heroes to shut down, especially without BKB, if you get a Hex, her evasion is useless and the effective HP you're talking about = 0.
    PA is one of the hardest heroes to get rid of. Dagger has 1400 range and gives vision and slows for half its cooldown length... and even does pretty respectable damage now that it can crit. Blink has 1000 range and 5 second cooldown. It's extremely difficult to get PA off of you unless you can disjoint her daggers or have a blink yourself.

- Vladimir's Offering, yeah no, get a Dominator and make it Satanic, let a support worry about Vlad for the auras.
    You can get both, but Vlad's is superior to HotD for the first 30ish minutes of the game. Having a Vlad's is only a liability when you're six slotting, and that's not gonna happen if you're playing PA correctly. Sure, someone else can get the Vlad's, but so can PA. It's not like it slows her down any.

- Drum of Endurance is alright, I don't see the reason for it though if you're not in dire need of HP, but rather build a BKB if so, and you already have one gap closer and one slow.
    Because it's one of the most cost-effective items in the game. It gives almost as many stats as an Ultimate Orb for 400 less gold and provides two very useful auras. It also has an easy build-up.

BKB isn't always strictly necessary.

- Yasha is ok if you're having troubles with farming, but you might aswell go for big items instead of this one.
    Yasha is, once again, an exceptionally cost-effective item and builds into Sange and Yasha, another cost-effective item. 16 damage, 10% movespeed (probably about, what, 40ish ms? About as much as brown boots would give you?), and 31 attack speed for 2000 gold is extremely good.

To the core extension items, you should really add MKB to it. Skadi is really not worth it, it's waaaaaay too expensive for 25stats and some HP, and you already have your 5 second dagger to slow heroes down, so the passive slow is not really all that.
    MKB's only really useful if you need to deal with evasion or Panda's ridiculously overpowered beer toss. Skadi is - again - one of the most cost-effective items in the game, providing huge boosts to every stat, and the slows go through BKB. I honestly can't think of any hero that doesn't make good use of Eye of Skadi.

It's a good post, but I think you're underestemating the laning phase and mid game a bit too much, and going for fights too early for a hero as PA. Any nuker is gonna destroy her first since she has to go melee with people, so when you decide to blink in, if they have big nukers like say Lion or Lina, you're doomed.
    Actually, I'm emphasizing the laning phase and midgame - you're the one underestimating them and trying to focus purely on the late game. There's absolutely no reason to build Battle Fury on ANY hero unless it's to increase your farm speed to get those items in time for the late game. PA does not need or particularly benefit from having a Battle Fury (maybe as a late-game item if you have a Magnus or Dark Seer on your team, when the cleave might be useful), and she's dangerous as soon as she hits level 6.

Keep in mind that her ult is a roughly 22% increase in damage at level 1, and almost 57% at level 3. She doesn't need lots of damage items; all she needs is some items to shore up her relatively low HP (though, at 1.85/level, her STR gain is actually on the higher end for agility carries) and give her the attack speed and movement speed she needs to ensure she can stick to her targets like glue.

Honestly, I think people are too focused on the lategame in general. Even Anti-Mage is a pretty effective hero in the early and mid-game when he's built that way.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2013-12-15 at 03:05 PM.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

i would go aquila phase drums hotd and bkb almost any game , and if i am farming those fast enough i probably would not need any other items to finish the game

if by some unexpected reason game goes longer i would first upg my hotd to satanic and then go for abyssal or mkb depending on enemy lineup

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice read.

My bro has just started playing her and will probably appreciate this, I know the other day he told me that after going Phase, Drums, Aquila and BKB he had somebody rage in all chat to report him for not going Battlefury.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-12-15 at 04:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's your take on Basher?
    I feel its a nice item to get after the yasha as it gives you another nice chunk of hp and if you get unlucky with crits after blink, well you might get lucky with bashes which gives you extra time to get that crit. The lockdown of abyssal is also always a good thing to have on your lineup.

Thing is, you are only looking at this from a efficent kind of way. In DotA, things never go as easy as you want them to, and all these items you concider a core is something that is gonna take you a lot more time then you make it out to be. A decently timed Battlefury on the other hand will always make sure that you won't have to go back to base after a gank you've survived, and make sure you have a steady income. It's rarely that you get a game where you can min max like you want it to, and getting a Skadi for example before any other DMG item is really not gonna help you out like other than increasing your survivability. A hero like PA is meant to burts down heroes asap, she doesn't have CC like others do nor the amazing counter to it. If you don't go any big items on her, you won't be able to bring down heroes that have gone bigger items since you've just basicly gotten a little bit of this and that, but nothing concrete (big items as in Assault, Heart etc.). You'll just be critting average, but that's a 15% chance, and your AS aint amazing, and when you finally do, it's gonna crit for what, 300-400?

Also, you really don't need Magnarus or DS for the BF cleave. It's enough if the opponents have two melee on you, or people retreating through eachother. The cleave will always hit in teamfights if they aint coordinated enough to actually spread out, which is never the case in pub games, and I doubt that much higher outside of the pro scene.

The items your want cost 8710, and that's excluding the boots. It's not gonna go fast, especially without a BF. By the time you've gotten all those items, if you had gone a BF instead, you'd be well on your way to finish a big item instead of those listed, or heck, gotten all of them aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    I feel its a nice item to get after the yasha as it gives you another nice chunk of hp and if you get unlucky with crits after blink, well you might get lucky with bashes which gives you extra time to get that crit. The lockdown of abyssal is also always a good thing to have on your lineup.
    When I said MKB before, I actually meant Abyssal :P. I find it really nice on a hero like PA if your team doesn't have that lockdown. But it's hard to get cause all it does is really offer other than a stun and pure damage, is a small HP boost, and it's gonna be one of those lategame items you get if the game lasts that long. If you have that long of a game, if you don't have a slot, sell that BF of yours and get this instead.
    Last edited by Kapaya; 2013-12-15 at 04:24 PM.

Deleted
    @Kapaya
    You don't understand PA. For her to do damage she actually has to be in the middle of the fights. If you have a Battlefury you're going to die in 5 seconds. Only thing you'd use Battlefury for is to farm and then you miss the timing where you can run around and kill people and fight.

You said BF is an awful item in her but you almost rush vlad, waaaat?

She is a carry, if you pick a carry like her you are suppose to farm, you dont want to buy bf and farm? good, but there are other items for this purpose like medallion, pms, drums, basher build to hotd and bkb. Hell even if you dont want to buy BF, maelstrom is the poor man battlefury that will help you to farm, its cheap and since you want to play rambo PA in mid game its perfect for her.

Do you have some games to prove this build work? because vlad then hotd i feel like im being trolled.

you miss the timing where you can run around and kill people and fight.
    This is a pub mentality problem rather than the item or the hero and its depend of the rating, you know when your team is bad when you are farming with PA or AM and your team cant stay 2 min without diving mid lane, thats why is not recommended to play that kind of carry in a pub game when you dont know if your team will let you farm.
    Last edited by Clrg; 2013-12-15 at 04:47 PM.

Im talking about the op @_@

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    Very good. Probably something you want if it goes late, because at that point you can't rely on dagger spam and blink to keep someone from getting away, especially since supports will have force staff and ghost scepter and whatnot to be able to deal with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    You'll just be critting average, but that's a 15% chance, and your AS aint amazing, and when you finally do, it's gonna crit for what, 300-400?
    Without Deso? Ballpark it at about 800ish minimum. Add any kind of damage item - and Skadi counts as one - and it'll come pretty close to 1000. That's what you don't understand - PA doesn't value damage because her ult already gives her heaps of it. You want HP to survive and attack speed to make your throughput higher, damage is completely secondary.

The items your want cost 8710, and that's excluding the boots. It's not gonna go fast, especially without a BF. By the time you've gotten all those items, if you had gone a BF instead, you'd be well on your way to finish a big item instead of those listed, or heck, gotten all of them aswell.
    No, you wouldn't, because in the meantime you'd have no stats and no real use to your team. The reason you pick those items is because they're cheap and easy to build, and they build into other items later. Yasha can turn into a Sange and Yasha. Helm of the Dominator can turn into a Satanic. Drums are a better, cheaper Ultimate Orb. Aquila is amazing, cheap stats.

Yeah, you could save up and build a "real" item with that gold, but... it'll do you no good. You could rush an Abyssal Blade right off the dick and it wouldn't matter for shit because you'd die the second you entered a fight because you have no HP, you have no attack speed to make Abyssal Blade do any work, and so you've basically wasted all that gold.

You could build a Battle Fury and afk farm for 30 minutes, but by that time, your team's already lost the game (or if they could actually afford to let you waste 30 minutes, they didn't need you to win, anyway), and if you want to do that, you should pick a hero better-suited to it anyway (Anti-Mage being the obvious choice.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    Do you have some games to prove this build work? because vlad then hotd i feel like im being trolled.
    Vlad is an alternative to HotD. You can get both, and it's not even bad to have both, but it mostly exists as an alternative. Personally I prefer Vlad's to HotD, because I like to build Desolator.

PA wants early game damage because the combination of 0 cooldown dagger and blink means she can stick to and beat up just about anyone in the game. With just 1 point in her passive she has hardcore evasion that makes her very difficult to fight 1v1. If you go Battlefury, you can't reliably jump on that Lina with 700 health at 15 minutes when all you have is a pers and claymore, at 700 health she will instantly kill you with her spell combo. If you were at 1100 health with phase drums aquila, you could survive her nuke spam and then kill her in 3 or 4 autos, which don't take very long for blinkstrike's added attack speed to perform.

You keep building efficient damage sources to keep your momentum rolling. Yasha makes it even more impossible for people to get away and gives a lot of DPS for a little price. Basher is great for people who learn to carry TP scrolls as the #1 way to counter auto attack carrys. HoD provides a lot of damage, armor, and lifesteal for a small cost and makes it even more impossible for you to be 1v1ed. Once you're enjoying a nice 9-0-6 score, you can start upgrading all of your items to their end game forms. Sange and Yasha. Abyssal. Satanic. MKB if the enemy has any dodge whatsoever. BKB if you really need it. Your victory comes not through farming and out-carrying the enemy team, it comes from cutting them down all the way back at level 5 and keeping your hold over them throughout the entire game. By the time you're ready to push their barracks you should be getting rosh completely uncontested due to the fear of Coup de Grace, and you should be killing people in two swings. If your enemies aren't crying about how overpowered PA is and how lucky you are for critting once every 5 hits, you haven't played the game properly.

Very, very few heroes can handle PA early game. I have pushed Clockwerks out of lanes 1v1 by level 5. Clockwerk, the hero currently famous for always winning his lane and straight up dunking every melee hero. PA still beats him. Honestly, if people played PA properly she would probably actually BE an overpowered hero and I would expect nerfs to come her way. Her winrate is only below 80% because people keep trying to play her like they play Antimage. Got a carry hero? GOTTA CARRY HERO!

Every hero has an optimal level range where their skills are the most powerful compared to the rest of the heroes in the game. For heroes like Lina, this can be as early as level 7-8. For heroes like Antimage, this is typically 11-16. For PA, you're looking at 5-9. If you aren't roaming the map and picking up kills the second you get your ultimate and rank 4 stifling dagger, you have failed your team and you have failed yourself. If you went Bfury and still win by some miracle, thank your team for 4v5ing without you for 30 minutes - showing up with items at end-game and killing someone with a crit and then breaking throne is not your victory, it is your team's for keeping the enemy team weak for you.

As an aside, if your team has Dark Seer and Enigma and Tide and Naga Siren to help set up 5 man black holes for you to cleave entire enemy team down with, yes, battlefury can be a good item. That's true of any hero in the game, though, not only PA, and you shouldn't ever think that this makes battlefury a good item in general. The chance you get to cleave people in a real situation without Dark Seer + AoE stun is next to zero, even at low MMR people aren't stupid enough to stack up against enemy cleaves.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-12-15 at 05:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    This is a pub mentality problem rather than the item or the hero and its depend of the rating, you know when your team is bad when you are farming with PA or AM and your team cant stay 2 min without diving mid lane, thats why is not recommended to play that kind of carry in a pub game when you dont know if your team will let you farm.
    No, you shouldn't farm like an AM as PA. That's the thing. You don't need to rely on your team to let you farm. Just get some basic core items up like Phase + Drums, Vanguard or similar items and fight. Easier, better and way more fun. Yes, it is a pub mentality but I play pubs so...
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2013-12-15 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    No, you shouldn't farm like an AM as PA. That's the thing. You don't need to rely on your team to let you farm. Just get some basic core items up like Phase + Drums, Vanguard or similar items and fight. Easier, better and way more fun. Yes, it is a pub mentality but I play pubs so...
    Ganking is boring. I have far more fun farming up 5-6 slots and then watch Coup de Grace hit for 2000. It may not be the most efficient way to play her, but I find it far more entertaining then ganking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    Ganking is boring. I have far more fun farming up 5-6 slots and then watch Coup de Grace hit for 2000. It may not be the most efficient way to play her, but I find it far more entertaining then ganking.
    Sure, play like that if you want. If you want to rely on your team 4v5 for you then go for it. But don't blame your team if they can't create space for you. And don't think it's not your fault when you lose.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2013-12-15 at 08:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two questions from a complete idiot:

1) Who is "Profit"?
    2) I never see the reason for drums. Why are they so good? (see first line)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post

1) Who is "Profit"?
    1) Nature's Prophet
    2) Very cheap stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    PA IMO isn't hard to play. I've learned that it semi depends on your team cooperation and composition. Usually at low level I always try to harass the opposing team with the dagger. Seems like a mana waste but personally it makes the sadistic Aeluron inside happy.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post

1) Who is "Profit"?
    Nature's Prophet.

And because Drums are, probably, the most cost-efficient item in the game. 5 IAS and 5% ms aura, you can get another 10/10% of each with activation, 9 to all stats, and an extra 3 damage on top. Add to that, Drums build from cheap, cost-effective items to begin with, so even if you're having a crappy lane, it's still an easy way of getting some juicy stats. Keep in mind, an Ultimate Orb is 2100 gold and only provides +10 to all stats; a completed drum costs just under 1800 gold and gives you +9, plus the auras.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-12-16 at 05:04 AM.