What new features or ideas would you like to see put in to wow to make the game more fun and exiting?
What new features or ideas would you like to see put in to wow to make the game more fun and exiting?
I've always liked the idea of sub races/factions. For example, if you want to play Dwarf, you could be Wildhammer, Bronzebeard, or Dark Iron (could go crazy and add stuff like Frostborn/Earthen to this as well, but those are the three big factions). If you want to play Elf, you could be Night Elf, Blood Elf, or High Elf. What you pick would determine cosmetic things like skin tone (like how dark irons have the different skin tone/eye colors from regular dwarves), starting zones, and even faction loyalty (obviously, Blood Elf would make you Horde and Night Elf would make you Alliance).
If you really wanted to make it cool, playing a Dark Iron would start you off in Blackrock Mountain, where you do an instanced-off quest chain up until around level 10-15, and then you go out to the real world and meet Moira in Ironforge. I'm not sure how it'd work with Forsaken, Gnomes, or a couple of other races though. I guess you could do Horde-loyal Leper Gnomes, but that'd kinda be stretching things a bit.
Although...I realize that the above is a dream that will likely never happen. It'd be a ton of work to implement and only affects the first 10-15 levels of the playing experience. I doubt Blizzard would consider that to be worthy of the time and effort. It would be one of those "do you want Stormwind fixed, or do you want a new raid?" things. It might be less work if they just implemented sub-races that only had cosmetic differences without the above-mentioned starting zones/questlines for each.
Zone events - like the timeless isle, but for every zone.
Scalable quests/zones with things to do at max level
Group questing - similar to rift
1 battleground and 1 arena map (cosmetic) to every 1 raid. Seems possible seeing as it's just a map, not npcs (for the most part)
PvP transmog gear/ PvP transmog weapons/ PvP dyes / PvP cosmesitc items in general for those who have a full set of gear. Rewards box that'll have a chance at BoE items/ crafting supplies so PvPers can make money PvPing.
A more robust "Report Player" feature!
That along with a complete change in philosophy with respect to how Blizzard deals with trolls, e-bullies or whatever you want to call them.
"Grow a thick skin!" people love to claim, but WoW is a place where you should be able to shed that thick skin. Furthermore, the verbal abuse one witnesses in-game (and on related forums) is far worse than what's seen in face-to-face encounters. So while one may be somewhat resilient in the real world (as if interactions in WoW aren't real), the online world is far worse. Think about it, how often do you ~really~ see total strangers calling each other "idiots," "fucking morons" and "fags" to each other's face just because a mistake is made or because someone disagrees... not too often, I'd wager. So many are the likes of Charles Bronson while behind that screen, though.
Trade Chat is full of disgusting foulness that only the sort who spews the nonsense could truly appreciate. I have seen threads on the official forums and have spoken first hand with players who don't even want to communicate in trade because they don't want to be verbally bashed or made to feel like a fool for asking a question. Yes google and whatnot is there, and that's fine, but, amazingly, perhaps some people want to actually talk to a real person about a game that interests them so asking "What's a good gem for my Priest's blue socket" isn't such a bad thing. These people have truly ruined trade.
People who tear into others with all sorts of foulness making them not even want to play their class anymore
Raging e-racist, homophobic, anti-Semitic, misogynist keyboard warriors so quick to try and cut someone deep need to be subject to stiff punishment.
^Almost worse than people like that are the ones who support them, who turn a blind eye to their behavior or who places the BURDEN on the people they target instead of placing it on the person who seeks to anger or hurt others.
So a new feature I would like to see in WoW to make the game more fun and exiting is a better handling of the players that have come to be known as toxic.
Reported Once: 72 hour ban
Reported Twice: One Week Ban
Reported Thrice: You don't get it, so kiss your account goodbye and let it be deleted.
Last edited by MW4Life; 2014-01-20 at 04:37 PM.
Doing a lowbie zone's quests that are scaled to max level and count as dailies for current reps / etc
check out my latest podcast episode, I broke my ankle
From what you posted, you feel it's a good reason to ban somebody if they call you a scrub, disagree with gay rights or make bad jokes. You do need to grow a thicker skin, WoW isn't a sanctuary for SJWs its a video game.
Last edited by Giscoicus; 2014-01-20 at 04:42 PM.
Unlockable sub races could open wow to a whole new level. And when I say unlockable I mean unlockable, quests that scale with expansions and require you to perform tasks be they difficult or slightly difficult.
Armour wardrobes, I understand why Blizzard are apprehensive but the game is so damn old that bank and void storage cant even hold the multitudes of stuff we've collected over the years. Toybox will definately help, but with the advent of transmog we need a wardrobe.
Controversial for some reason, but I would like to see some classic servers, just a few would be nice.
Hunter mass rework would be amazing, I enjoy the class a lot but we could expand it massively. A melee, beastmaster spec is something I've always wanted, and was actually a slight reality during van/tbc (melee hunter twink ftw!).
"Bad jokes"? You mean like the joke I saw in trade earlier this week:
"Q: How do you get a Jewish Girl's number?"
"A: Ask her to roll up her sleeve"
You're absolutely correct "its a video game" and garbage like ^that doesn't belong.
Oh, and not just calling someone a scrub.... we've all seen it where one player goes the extra mile to make another feel like utterly worthless, useless garbage because a mistake was made or because, stop the heavens, they just weren't the best player.
EDIT: I have to step AFK for a while, I will respond back to you in a few hours, so save the thread if you wish to continue.
Last edited by MW4Life; 2014-01-20 at 04:54 PM.
So basically oppress WoW players with the chinese government?
I'd really like to see all the restrictions on transmogrification removed. As in removed to the point where you can just go balls out, pants-on-head crazy and do whatever you want as long as you've obtained the piece of gear you're trying to transmog (including legendary items). I've always thought it'd be cool to mix and match with some cloth/leather gear and make my warrior look like a Jedi. Or wear full T2 and dual wield Thunderfury. Stuff like that would be awesome.
Also....want to be a Santa Claus warrior who dual wields fish maces? Go for it, I say.
I was there over summer and it was pretty great. The poverty wasn't actually as noticeable as it is here. There were street beggars of course, but it wasn't like walking around Chicago, and most who were whets were unfortunately deformed or crippled but the general populace had some kind of work as far as I saw.
Hell one highschool tourist twerked in front of a guard in a museum!
Where was I going with this...
The ability to make options in quests that effect the outcome of the quest series, fate of characters and the fate of zones.
I want to feel like I have a choice in how the world is saved (or not) and who I prioritise. Rather than feeling like i'm constantly in an on rails storyline in a theme park.
Subraces and maybe the option to group cross-faction with people on your RealID/B.net friends list.
only one feature, which is more of a removal than an addition: remove cooldown timers for kicking in LFR/LFD. And let majority decide on group runs instead of dragging assholes around who do nothing for the team.
Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol.
1. I'd like to see a mode for dungeons where they are about the same difficulty as Cata dungeons, aren't accessible through LFD, have a 1 week lockout, and drop gear accordingly.
2. I'd like to see Valor point farming from various activities return to being the end game for non-raiders.
3. I think they should add a solo queue to rated battlegrounds and get rid of random battlegrounds. The problem with random BGs is that they are too random. It's like trying to play a sport with no sport leagues. There is nothing to stop arena players with decked out gear from stomping casual players in random BGs, and no matter how well you play, you can still get stuck on teams full of AFKers, bots, or honor kill farmers. At the minimum, they should add a hidden rating to random BGs if for nothing else than to allow the game to form more even PUG teams. It might encourage players to work together more if doing well means they get on better teams in the future (and potentially quarantines AFKers and bots away from players).
4. I think they should make multiple aesthetic maps for each existing BG. Nothing makes a PvP game feel older than playing the same map you have seen for the past 8 years. How about a little variety in the scenery?
5. The transmog system in WoW is terrible. If they had made a bit array that remembered every piece of gear that character had ever equipped, that would still take less space on the servers than the system that is currently implemented...and it wouldn't fill up a player's bag space. If they wanted to optimize it more, they could just make it so that all green gear from prior expansions was always available, etc.
6. A unify gear colors option - it would be nice if you could toggle a setting that would recolor all the gear you are wearing to be the same color scheme as your chest piece. It probably won't happen because of the way Blizzard optimizes their textures, but I can dream.
7. I think they should allow horde vs. horde and alliance vs. alliance battlegrounds for the sake of queue times.
8. I wish Blizzard would add some civilized shaman transmog sets. After a while, I get tired for wearing lava and neon feathers, etc.
Yes, please.Group questing - similar to rift
People do behave better when they realize that a replayable demo of their instance where they are acting like a complete jackass is going to be viewable by the entire community and judged.
Last edited by Golden; 2014-01-20 at 07:10 PM. Reason: spelling