Has anyone tried levelling using only Mining/Herb?

If yes, how long did it take you? I am gonna go on this quest to level an alt using only exp from herb and mining, the only exception will of course be the odd mob that I have to kill that interrupts with my mining/herb. But the bulk of the exp will come from Herb/mining.

Anyone care to join me? I will post back my progress, total profit I made and my thoughts on the experience !

pacifist leveling has been done before. It's not worth it imo.

A good way to kill a year.
    You say that I'm cold, and sometimes I'm out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    pacifist leveling has been done before. It's not worth it imo.
    I know this, but yet I am compelled to do it anyways. Lets just say I am equally sick of quests and dungs.

there is a neutral panda at lvl 80 i think from herbing but hes been at it since the beginning of the expansion

I recently leveled a mining/herb shaman, just grind and gather for much of it. Works just fine in lower levels. By 50s though I was supplementing with dungeons and by 85/Cata content I was doing quests as well.

What do you do if a mob comes after you? Just run away?

Most of the time I will aim to run away, but if the little fucker gets too annoying, I will probably end up killing it. Either way the bulk of the experience will be from professions.

I leveled my DK from 80-85 that way. Took forever, but man, did I make a killing that way. The sheer amount of ore you get in the process...

I tried it again in MoP, but considering you can't fly like you could in Cata, it wasn't worth the effort.

When I came back in cata I leveled my main using just arch. Not sure why, just something I felt like doing.

I leveled my DK 85-90 in paradria by primarly doing minning/herb - I did that to primarly support my crafting profession to cash in on the start of the server.

Quote Originally Posted by traelielyn View Post
    there is a neutral panda at lvl 80 i think from herbing but hes been at it since the beginning of the expansion
    This guy is who you're thinking of. One heck of a grind.