Deleted

Has anyone tried levelling using only Mining/Herb?

If yes, how long did it take you? I am gonna go on this quest to level an alt using only exp from herb and mining, the only exception will of course be the odd mob that I have to kill that interrupts with my mining/herb. But the bulk of the exp will come from Herb/mining.

Anyone care to join me? I will post back my progress, total profit I made and my thoughts on the experience !

pacifist leveling has been done before. It's not worth it imo.

A good way to kill a year.
    You say that I'm cold, and sometimes I'm out of control.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    pacifist leveling has been done before. It's not worth it imo.
    I know this, but yet I am compelled to do it anyways. Lets just say I am equally sick of quests and dungs.

there is a neutral panda at lvl 80 i think from herbing but hes been at it since the beginning of the expansion

I recently leveled a mining/herb shaman, just grind and gather for much of it. Works just fine in lower levels. By 50s though I was supplementing with dungeons and by 85/Cata content I was doing quests as well.

What do you do if a mob comes after you? Just run away?

Deleted
    Most of the time I will aim to run away, but if the little fucker gets too annoying, I will probably end up killing it. Either way the bulk of the experience will be from professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled my DK from 80-85 that way. Took forever, but man, did I make a killing that way. The sheer amount of ore you get in the process...

I tried it again in MoP, but considering you can't fly like you could in Cata, it wasn't worth the effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

When I came back in cata I leveled my main using just arch. Not sure why, just something I felt like doing.

I leveled my DK 85-90 in paradria by primarly doing minning/herb - I did that to primarly support my crafting profession to cash in on the start of the server.

Quote Originally Posted by traelielyn View Post
    there is a neutral panda at lvl 80 i think from herbing but hes been at it since the beginning of the expansion
    This guy is who you're thinking of. One heck of a grind.