10+ Year Old Account

(BRM) Normal 4-set versus 2-set + Heroic offpieces

Hey there, other, better Monks.

Progressing on Heroic Thok right now, the 4-piece seems valuable but not excellent.

Trying to decide between the options presented above. Namely, should I keep my Normal Tier Pants and Gloves, or replace them with them with Heroic Riou's Vigilant Leggings and Heroic Korgra's Venom-Soaked Gloves, respectively.

Personally leaning towards dropping the 4-set.

Here is my Armory.

My guild's/my own logs.

I'd try Simcraft, but I don't think that's working for Monks properly still, is it?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

The 2p bonus is absolute garbage, just look through your own logs at the pitiful amount it does each time (I figured it out once, it's something awful like 1% of your DPS but I can't remember the exact number). If you're going to compare anything, compare 4 pieces to no pieces because the BrM tier has pretty bad stats on it.

That said, the 4p isn't that good either, no where near enough to overcome a normal to heroic ilvl difference. The 6 ilvls between heroic and heroic WF is a different story, but normal to heroic is more than double that difference. It's not really good enough to make up for losing so many stats and being forced to use awfully itemized ones at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I figured as much, especially with the two substitute pieces being (aside from sockets) nearly perfectly itemized.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.