Is timeless gear better then ToT N/Raid finder gear?

I am gearing a rogue and I have gotten almost everything I can from ToT in raid finder and may start trying normal. I am wondering if the timeless gear is better when it is upgraded to 535ilevle. I currently have 2piece tier and a neck with a gem socket I am worried about.

Deleted
    Skip ToT normal and go SoO LFR and flex.
    If the calculated stats are higher on the timeless gear than on the LFR gear, it's better (duh)

depends on stats not just ilvl .... more agility sure will be better for you , if its like hit and expertise while you already capped and reforge it to something else wont get better than what ToT normal .... then stick with better stats , reforge not always best solution , as you may reforge all armor to end up like 1% more secondly stats you want just to boost you ilvl , not worth it.

xXx English is not my first language xXx

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends, I'm not quite up to speed on what the rogue set bonuses are worth, but other than that, as Tusk said, crunch the numbers, and see what comes out. It will likely come down to itemization, 528-535 isn't that big a jump, so I'd wager that a perfectly itemized/socketed LFR piece would probably outweigh most TI gear (unless you get really lucky, I usually get crap with 1 stat, which is usually hit >.>)

Quote Originally Posted by JrTM View Post
    depends on stats not just ilvl .... more agility sure will be better for you , if its like hit and expertise while you already capped and reforge it to something else wont get better than what ToT normal .... then stick with better stats , reforge not always best solution , as you may reforge all armor to end up like 1% more secondly stats you want just to boost you ilvl , not worth it.
    Well for example, right now my chest has 3sockets. Obviously that'll provide more stats. Same goes for my neck. It has a socket so it will provide more stats. Im leaning towards my LFR gear since it has gem sockets and my 2pc bonus. Ill upgrade my back still, but over all my lfr gear has more since it has sockets.

Oh, on SoO flex, lol. No one would invite me to that until Im 540ilevel anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    Depends, I'm not quite up to speed on what the rogue set bonuses are worth, but other than that, as Tusk said, crunch the numbers, and see what comes out. It will likely come down to itemization, 528-535 isn't that big a jump, so I'd wager that a perfectly itemized/socketed LFR piece would probably outweigh most TI gear (unless you get really lucky, I usually get crap with 1 stat, which is usually hit >.>)
    Im talkin about ToT LFR gear.

Timeless isle gear is terribly itemized, even though it is up to 535 ilvl.

If you get stats good for your spec, you are golden. Otherwise, TI gear is not better than ToT. Also here is the fact TI gear has little (none?) sockets.

If you have the chance, do ToT normal... It is very easy nowadays with the nerfs. If not, use the higher ilvl from TI to enter straight SoO LFR.

535 Timeless gear will be better than anything you can get from ToT LFR even if the itemization on pieces is horrible simply because of the raw Agility. As for whether Normal ToT is worth downgrading to from a badly itemized 535 TI piece you'd have to sim it (try Shadowcraft since you said you're a Rogue) but I wouldn't be surprised if the minimum ilvl for downgrading wouldn't be Normal Thunderforged (528)+ or if you're picking up 2/4 T15 set.

Deleted
    Heroic ToT weapons, not that sure about Rogues though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    535 Timeless gear will be better than anything you can get from ToT LFR even if the itemization on pieces is horrible simply because of the raw Agility. As for whether Normal ToT is worth downgrading to from a badly itemized 535 TI piece you'd have to sim it (try Shadowcraft since you said you're a Rogue) but I wouldn't be surprised if the minimum ilvl for downgrading wouldn't be Normal Thunderforged (528)+ or if you're picking up 2/4 T15 set.
    Well, with the combined sockets I get on most of my gear, I can usually get more agility with the sockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Well, with the combined sockets I get on most of my gear, I can usually get more agility with the sockets.
    For Normal mode gear maybe but no way LFR pieces match the Agility gain from 535 TI stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you go for the cloak, then you'll be running ToT anyway... Spend some isle coins on runes for extra rolls, and don't look back. By the time you got all the sigils/runes 3000 VP and stuff, you have the isle gear long replaced. You'll dip into SoO gear long before those steps are completed.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."