Deleted

Lingering Corruption on Mindbender! "What?! Again?!"

Hello fellow priests!

Just a little word about the "Lingering Corruption" buff on Norushen which makes my life an absolute living hell half the time. I realise that it can be put on a random friendly NPC or Character within the realm, meaning that it can go on any of your three healing targets or yourself and I have my macros and healing frames set up to make this simple, HOWEVER, when I go into the realm, I have normally prepotted, pop mindbender and actually KILL the add rather than rely on the normal healing method of this test. As far as I'm aware, I know i'm not the only priest who does this.

Does anyone else get the living nightmare that is "Lingering Corruption on Mindbender" and also live in a ui situation where your mindbender's bar isn't relevant, and is hence not really so visible, and end up panicking and having to /tar Mindbender to find it, and manually dispel it? I find this to be an absolute pain and cannot imagine that this should be intended? What next? "Lingering corruption on Wild Mushroom!" My main issue with it is just that it tends to throw me and panic me, leading to some inefficient crap going on and possibly me letting myself or an NPC die due to frantically trying to find the bloody little thing.

I don't mean to QQ too much, but I'm wondering if this happens to others, and whether or not you believe this to be intended, or some form of bug? Ty

Deleted
    I must be a bad priest, but I don't bother dispelling Lingering Corruption unless it is on myself and simply nuke down the add. I've seen it on my shadow fiend before though and it is likely intended. Shadow fiend is still a friendly target after all.

Just make a macro to cast dispel on the mindbender?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Just make a macro to cast dispel on the mindbender?
    I keep meaning to do something like this, but mainly don't have enough room on my bars or keybinds for it. I just worry that perhaps the explosion will cause irreversible damage to the NPCs? Do you recommend just ignoring this and dpsing? The question I guess there is what is more valuable - the continued dps from yourself, or the dps gained from the NPCs being at full health. Though to be fair, by the time lingering corruption happens it's normally within SW range anyway.

I just don't pop mindbender when I go down into the realm. You'll be doing 100% atonement so it's fairly cheap, and as long as you dispel the friendly mobs, it should finish fairly quickly without it.

If that 1 mindbender is the make or break between going oom or not, you may have another problem to look into.

15+ Year Old Account
    I forget exactly how I used to have it, but I used have my Summon Shadowfiend bind would first check if Shadowfiend was alive - and if it was - it would instead dispel Shadowfiend, something like:

/cast [nopet] Shadowfiend
    /cast [pet; target=pet] Dispel Magic (although this would be Purify now)

Should work just fine for Mindbender as well of course Though someone better with macros might need to double check [pet; target=pet] is correct syntax (can't jump on WoW at the moment).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Mass dispell?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Mass dispell?
    Is a waste of mana on norushen. I need every last drop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleze View Post
    I keep meaning to do something like this, but mainly don't have enough room on my bars or keybinds for it. I just worry that perhaps the explosion will cause irreversible damage to the NPCs? Do you recommend just ignoring this and dpsing? The question I guess there is what is more valuable - the continued dps from yourself, or the dps gained from the NPCs being at full health. Though to be fair, by the time lingering corruption happens it's normally within SW range anyway.
    Generally I find that I can effectively ignore the damage done by Lingering Corruption due to the amount of DA that has been built on the NPCs, purely from Atonement. If I am feeling particularly paranoid then I target through the world, using friendly nameplates, for the dispels. I haven't done this on the last couple of kills though and have simply focused down the add. I do make sure to aim a Divine Star through the friendly NPCs when I enter the realm though and this has been sufficient for heroic difficulty. YMMV though!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I forget exactly how I used to have it, but I used have my Summon Shadowfiend bind would first check if Shadowfiend was alive - and if it was - it would instead dispel Shadowfiend, something like:

/cast [pet; target=pet] Dispel Magic (although this would be Purify now)

Should work just fine for Mindbender as well of course Though someone better with macros might need to double check [pet; target=pet] is correct syntax (can't jump on WoW at the moment).
    Thanks Yvaelle! That's an amazing solution! I can't believe I didn't think of that myself. Evidently my brain has been addled to idiocy to not even think of it. I've got a few people in the guild who are good with macros so I'll get someone to help me fix one up. Problem solved!

Doesn't stop it being annoying though :P

I let him die. To me, it's a free GCD I don't need to worry about.

I run very low spirit and don't seem to have any issue letting him die just that once.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naer View Post
    I let him die. To me, it's a free GCD I don't need to worry about.

I run very low spirit and don't seem to have any issue letting him die just that once.
    My concern with letting the debuff drop off is less about the explosion causing 500k damage to the mindbender, but to the 2 npcs right next to it. I guess I'll test out not dispelling it and then using the macro Yvaelle suggested and work out which is better.

Well I am generally out in 25H before it's even an issue, I hadn't even thought about it honestly. At 555 ilvl during early 25H progression on Norushen, I was out before it was even an issue, though at that time I was a troll and was using the Beserking racial.

Additionally the macro should help, I use mouseovers and I'd assume one could just mouse over him (he's glyphed so he's pretty visible) to dispel him.

Deleted
    Your problem is something different than what it seems. Fix your raid frames to show pets or at the very least allow yourself to enable it on a case by case scenario. If you do that your entire problem is solved as you get the option to easily dispel your pet should it be required. And it isn't only necessary on Norushen. For example, on Dark Animus 25H, you had to heal pets. Personally I even have a small frame of my pet active regardless of the class or spec. It allows me to know if my pet (e.g. fiend) is still up since I don't have a WA for that. It is also great during soloing and my UI remains largely the same when I play my hunter ie. consistency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    /cast [pet; target=pet] Dispel Magic
    Kickass, I'm gonna steal that. Thanks a bunch.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.