Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorthok View Post
    BC and Wrath were not the best seasons for PvP. I remember people counting Ret pallies on each team to figure out which side would win the BG towards the end of BC and start of Wrath. Arena during BC was terrible b/c of diminishing returns. If you didn't have a rogue or a warlock on your team, you would lose most times. And let's not even speak of healers during wrath becoming unkillable.
    the 3.0 patch was its own demon, but healers where better at surviving in BC then Wrath. And while BC was hardly great spec balance, mechanically it was far superior pvp wise, melee interrupts on gcd, a good balance of escapes / catch abilities. But yes many of the same type of problems existed then too, pve gear, obnoxiously powerful specs compared to others of the same roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    the 3.0 patch was its own demon, but healers where better at surviving in BC then Wrath. And while BC was hardly great spec balance, mechanically it was far superior pvp wise, melee interrupts on gcd, a good balance of escapes / catch abilities. But yes many of the same type of problems existed then too, pve gear, obnoxiously powerful specs compared to others of the same roll.
    Agreed, in no sense was TBC perfect, but it was very good mechanically. I'd love to see the game go back to that number of abilities, although I'm highly doubtful that would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Theonebone1 View Post
    It's a PvE game. Don't take away our abilities because you can't tunnel someone down in your sandbox matches.
    You don't need 73 abilities in PvE, either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    obnoxiously powerful specs compared to others of the same roll.
    role, not roll

Imo they could put a lot of abilities in the talent trees so that you can't take them all. Maybe make it more flexible than "choose 1 out of 3" every tier (for example, allow "choose 2 out of 5"). Would make it easier to make talent trees work and control the number of abilities better.

Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    Imo they could put a lot of abilities in the talent trees so that you can't take them all. Maybe make it more flexible than "choose 1 out of 3" every tier (for example, allow "choose 2 out of 5"). Would make it easier to make talent trees work and control the number of abilities better.
    My only worry with something like that is devs still need to balance every one of those abilities. It fixes some issues for players, but doesn't make the game any easier for devs to balance which should also be a top concern.

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but what's wrong with just removing/consolidating a bunch of abilities? Does it make it more fun to have 30+ abilities that I can use in combat?