Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Exclamation People are getting banned for no reason/ bug. Help us.

As you may read on the official forums, people are getting banned for no reason, or hopefully because of a mistake. If you got banned, then post as well. The more people who joins the choir, the harder it will be to ignore.

Can't post links, sorry - (eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9397029689)

indeed, that spoiled the raid for us. our tank and a lock got booted just before raidstart :/
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...B9msk/advanced
    AMD FX-8350 8-Core Processor, 4.0Ghz
    Kingston DDR3 HyperX Beast 32GB RAM
    Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz 3GB GDDR5 crossfire
    Cooler Master Seidon 120M Cooler
    Samsung SSD 840 Series 500GB

Yep, it's a PQR banwave. Your buddies were cheating.

Blizzard probably has enough of some people cheating/doing illegal things in this game. If was with them I'd do the same.

whats PQR? guessing some bot program?

anyway, most of the people who get banned deserve it, but also blizzard sometimes catches the wrong people in their banwaves
    Too cool for a signature

BAAAAAAAAAANWAAAAAAAAAAVE

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

anyway, most of the people who get banned deserve it, but also blizzard sometimes catches the wrong people in their banwaves
    A quick google suggests it's a 3rd party program that runs your rotation for you.

Yea I've been seeing posts from PQR users that they've been hit with 72hr bans. Blizzard must have stepped up Warden the other day.

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Apparently it's a rotation bot. OP, you and your friends will not gain any sympathy from me. Botters suck. They are a plague.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

Well if I had been using a bot, then I'd know the risk. But in this case, I have NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

Looked it up and it appears to be a program that just runs your rotation for you. So you'd hit like cntrl-X and then it would just start going or something like that.

Seems to have just mechanized the "one button macros" that people used to be able to come up with.

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chridde View Post
    Well if I had been using a bot, then I'd know the risk. But in this case, I have NOT.
    This is assuming you're not bullshitting us.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

I am Murloc! Valyrian Stormclaw's Avatar
    World's End Tavern, listening to the ETC.
    Be gone, botters! You are a disease that will not be missed!

Stood in the Fire xcureanddisease's Avatar
    a ROTATION bot??????? What in the holy hell. Whatever happened to the usual BG bots? Honestly guys, if you put this much freaking time into BOTTING you could learn how to actually play by now. GEEEEZUS!

Just a note to point out that a 72-hour suspension for using PQR is not the same thing as a ban. It's a slap on the wrist.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

man did a google search to see what it was...found a site that supports the users... and OMG the crying in the forums the sweet sweet tears! I mean you were cheating the system you know you were and now they go and flip out that they got caught.... like wtf did you think would happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Yea I've been seeing posts from PQR users that they've been hit with 72hr bans. Blizzard must have stepped up Warden the other day.
    Lol 72 hour ban for botting, should be perma ban. I remember in vanilla/early TBC I got a ban for cursing, was a few hours maybe 3 IDR.
    http://i5.minus.com/iT9gBOC94PbmU.jpg
    NON SINE DIIS ANIMOSUS INFANS
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Just a note to point out that a 72-hour suspension for using PQR is not the same thing as a ban. It's a slap on the wrist.
    Many people got perm bans also.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    This pretty much sums up my thoughts on it. A 72 hour 'ban' is a warning, not a ban.