Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sunbrother View Post
    Want to pick your brain for a second. Suppose there was only LFR and normal difficulties. And even though you knew it's not that hard to complete normal, would you be satisfied with only completing LFR?

Is heroic different from this? Because seems like normal is something most progression guilds finish in a month.

And would it bother you more if you were 12/14H than 3/14H?
    i dont do lfr cause it's to much of a pain because of the grouping being unreliable, which is why i don't even count it. if normal was renamed lfr? yeah i would be counting that. would bother me WAAAAAYYYYYYY more being 12/14H than 3/14. being so close and not getting it sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Not finishing heroic doesn't bother me at all, though I like to tie loose ends at the end of an expansion, now if I don't finish normal I try hard to rethink what I am doing and correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    Not finishing on heroic doesnt bother me, not finishing normal does.
    I feel the same way.

If I don't complete Normal mode, I feel like I've done far, far worse than my skill would allow. If I don't finish Heroic modes, we'll, 100% Heroic is very challenging for me- I'm not upset if it's out of my reach. I've gotten very close to completion before, but it's not a big deal if I don't finish. Normal feels like a 100% completion goal to me, Heroic I see more as "push as far as I can get before time's up!"

Deleted
    Heroic raids are designed to take 6+ months for most progression guilds to learn, but it seems like most guilds never finish before the next tier. On any server there seem to be at most 1-3 guilds that complete all the content. So there is a remainder of 5-7 heroic progression guilds on a 3day schedule that only get up to 12/14H before the end. So there seems to be a world of difference between guilds that down all the bosses in 2 months and farm the rest of the tier, and the guilds that grind ceaselessly for 6+ months, but somehow never get there.

Would it bother you to be in a progression guild that could not complete the content? Would you feel like you were missing out on meaningful content especially when the hardest/most interesting fights are at the end (H firefighter, HLK)?
    is contrary with your topic:

Does not completing the content bother you?
    and the mmoc stats show only 0.23% of the 7mill players care to do hc garrosh while the rest prefers to finish the content aka quests & archis....

Deleted
    Heroic raids are designed to take 6+ months for most progression guilds to learn, but it seems like most guilds never finish before the next tier. On any server there seem to be at most 1-3 guilds that complete all the content. So there is a remainder of 5-7 heroic progression guilds on a 3day schedule that only get up to 12/14H before the end. So there seems to be a world of difference between guilds that down all the bosses in 2 months and farm the rest of the tier, and the guilds that grind ceaselessly for 6+ months, but somehow never get there.

Would it bother you to be in a progression guild that could not complete the content? Would you feel like you were missing out on meaningful content especially when the hardest/most interesting fights are at the end (H firefighter, HLK)?
    since when has been killing heroic end boss been completing the content ? or is this yet another veiled attempt at heroic are more important than everyone else ? you realize there are 3 other raid difficulty levels, all of which are considered "clearing the content" by various different groups that they are designed for ?

There is also clearing all the quests, or all the professions, or all the achievements ? There are very few, if any players at all that can honestly say that they "have completed the content"

10+ Year Old Account
    bare min normal. After the first tier that i only full cleared on heroic msv. I said I would do everything I can to finish every tier on heroic. Did lei shen+ra-dan. In my current raiding adventures we are 9/14 heroic, so chugging along
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    Not completing normal has bothered me since Cataclysm. Since I'm not the best at committing to scheduled raids I have to rely on guildmates or worse, PuGs.

I only got AotC MSV and ToT. Both were done with the help of guildmates, and the latter was achieved since they needed a healer and I had 3 months off class. Hopefully I can also get AotC garrosh for the cool mount, but at this rate it seems unlikely and yes it bugs me.

i wouldn't want to be in a guild that had no chance of finishing on heroic, we're on paragons 25 atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is how I feel as well.

I suppose if I was in an exclusively-heroics raid, I might feel differently but since I'm not, a full clear of normal each tier is my priority.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to at least clear normal. One of my goals per xpac is to down the raid bosses when they are current, and pre-nerf. Still working on it.

It bothered me a lot that I didn't finish a lot of the BC raids, but I quit from burnout during BT, so I am responsible, and I don't necessarily think that easier content was the best way to get people to finish, but it is certainly expedient.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I am not raiding actively and are in a raiding team this does not bother me much. except the achievement. So in a week or 2 ill most likely ask if there is a spot for me in a alt normal run

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    since when has been killing heroic end boss been completing the content ? or is this yet another veiled attempt at heroic are more important than everyone else ? you realize there are 3 other raid difficulty levels, all of which are considered "clearing the content" by various different groups that they are designed for ?

There is also clearing all the quests, or all the professions, or all the achievements ? There are very few, if any players at all that can honestly say that they "have completed the content"
    All achievements is my goal..... but atm im just too lasy.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Interestingly enough yes it does bother me. I always found it unacceptable if I was not able to complete an instance pre-nerf, it killed the satisfactory factor for me. Fortunately now I am with an awesome guild so it is not a problem

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic raids are designed to take 6+ months for most progression guilds to learn
    Your source for this design parameter is: ________________________________?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfarien View Post
    Interestingly enough yes it does bother me. I always found it unacceptable if I was not able to complete an instance pre-nerf, it killed the satisfactory factor for me. Fortunately now I am with an awesome guild so it is not a problem
    Previous guilds didn't have players good enough to carry you? What are you saying exactly?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it bothered me, but it hasn't happened since WoTLK.

If I played really casually and only had goals of normal it would still bother me not to finish normal either.

The worst is being in a heroic progression guild and nearly making it to the end, but not actually finishing it before the next patch/expansion comes out. Like literally get to the second or last boss, full progression schedule for half a year or more and just not have enough to push the content. That's grueling and it sucks. Happened to me in SWP (didn't get KJ) and happened to me in WoTLK (didn't get LK).

I think it bothers everybody if they don't meet their goals they set out to do, but everybody has different goals.

Last time I didn't was T11, and it bothered me a lot. Not finishing a tier leaves a sour taste in my mouth because that's why I personally play the game. Some people are much less competitive (not a bad thing by any means) so I can definitely see why they wouldn't really care.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I for one am one of the -hate- lfr people, mainly because of all the trolling that is involved in it.

I hate when I don't clear content when it is new. And I hate when I don't clear normal content at all. With work and all, it is hard to involve in a full time raid schedule when my hours aren't static. It kills me when I pay 15 a month, and I am not raiding. I don't count LFR as raiding, because there is no fun in it as there is normal and heroic.

MoP was the first time since I first started raiding I didn't finish whatever content I set out to and at the high end of my server. I quit raiding/playing in the first tier and outside of a quick night once every few weeks haven't been back in any of them on norm/heroic. Not being chained to a raiding schedule, leading runs, recruiting and all the bull shit that comes along with herding cats to get ppl to raid I do not miss at all. I don't care if I am not decked out in heroic gear like I would have been in the past, nor do I care if I do not even pull a Garrosh in heroic much less kill him. While I was actively raiding not finishing would have really pissed me off.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I wouldn't be in a guild that can't finish heroics in 2-3 months on a 3-4 day schedule. Progression is too tedious to raid 3-4 days/week every tier with no breaks. I need 3-5 months of 1day/week farm clears to keep enjoying the game.

I also have a very hard time enjoying the game if i'm raiding with people that are far below my skill level. Not to sound like a jerk, but 3-4 days a week is just far too much invested time to play with people that simply don't care enough, or can't follow easy mechanics. There are very few fights in the game that should take over a week to learn, and most of the heroics in the first half of an instance should only take a single night to get down. Being in a guild that takes a month to kill Malkorok (for example) would just make me quit the game or transfer to another guild.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2014-01-21 at 02:30 AM.

As an achievement whore and high end raider. Yeah it does bother me cause That achievement is always just so close yet so far lol. Having said that now though just being 14/14H this week is nice to relax now from 5 raid nights to 2/3.