Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    It is amazing because you're telling an outright lie. If the maze did 0 damage no one would die to it. The reason people die to that maze is because the graphics are absolutely horrible. The path doesn't open up until the last second, and even then you can't see it unless you're right at its edge. If you fall behind by even just a little bit the next portion won't open up to you and you're stuck running back and forth looking for its current edge. If they fixed the graphics people wouldn't die to it as much.
    It doesn't open up till the last second because thats what actually adds some difficulty to it. If the entire maze opened up all in one shot it would just be a maze.... a fucking mouse can do a regular maze. The difficulty is in that the graphics are not super clear and you have to be on the ball going into the next section. Also the maze opens up whether you are there or not. Not even sure what your talking about when you say you can't see the next path untill your right at the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Not even sure what your talking about when you say you can't see the next path untill your right at the edge.
    Maybe it's just a function of lag on my part, then, but half the time the maze quits updating about 3/4 of the way through it and I can't find the next spot to go for several seconds. Usually I find the place, but sometimes not. Sorry, but using bad graphics to increase game difficulty was made obsolete as a gaming paradigm sometime in the mid '90s. If you want to revisit those days I'm sure there's an emulator out there that will load up King's Quest for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

If you like raiding then you should not be anti-LFR, why? Because LFR allows you to have 100% of the end game resources spent on raiding.

Blizzard said that a 5 man dungeon takes almost as long as a raid wing to complete.

It takes 6 months to make 4 raid wings to release.

If it takes 75% of the time to make a 5 man as opposed to a raid (and I think thats lowballing) To make 4 dungeons it would take 4 months.

That means they have 2 months left to make in the 6 month release window to make raids.

Currently Blizz makes a raid, adds a few mechanics for heroic, tunes it down for flex and slices off a pale shade of raids, slaps a code on it to queue in and end and walla, 6 month release of 12-15 raid bosses.

I am hoping they have additional teams for the 5 mans and they dont cut in on raider content. 100% of end game content is raider content, as a raider I enjoy that, sure it means having to deal with assbags going afk in lfr but I get all the real benefits in my raid group.

Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    I couldn't agree more. This is a major part of what made WoW skyrocket in popularity when it was young, and it's part of the reason many of the newer players don't have any emotional investment anymore. It's just queue queue queue instead of trying to find players to do things with.
    While I agree with what you're saying, I actually believe that dungeons and more challenging world quests were the lifeblood of the game back then and would be again if the design philosophy should return to it. In my experience, the overwhelmingly higher percentage of legitimate "group" play consists of much smaller groups of chums and they were the backbone of servers. With challenging and meaningful five-man content, small groups can all play together and it only takes an extra one or two people for a decent dungeon run.

And by decent, I mean dangerous and lengthy dungeons that aren't simply something to be chewed through in a week and then utterly forgotten. This is why I'm so devastated that they're redoing Upper Blackrock Spire - they're simply going to attach the rails to it so that you can't explore, and can kill its three bosses in less than 15 minutes.

The approach to dungeon content nowadays is an absolute shambles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, it is possible for people, many people actually, to not think very highly of World of Warcraft. Those self same people may even consider other games in the genre superior due to their own subjective qualifiers. Qualifiers which are just as valid as the subjective qualifiers of those whom believe World of Warcraft is a "23 out of 10".

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    In my experience, the overwhelmingly higher percentage of legitimate "group" play consists of much smaller groups of chums and they were the backbone of servers.
    In my experience too. It's a lot harder for a couple of buddies and I to have an enjoyable experience with 6-24 tagalongs than it is with only one or two of them. This is why raiding doesn't appeal to friends and family groups, not even Flex raiding. The difficulty is only part of the issue. The sheer quantity of players is the bigger turn off.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

In my experience too. It's a lot harder for a couple of buddies and I to have an enjoyable experience with 6-24 tagalongs than it is with only one or two of them. This is why raiding doesn't appeal to friends and family groups, not even Flex raiding. The difficulty is only part of the issue. The sheer quantity of players is the bigger turn off.
    Particularly if those players do want to develop into legitimate raiders; their experience can be utterly derailed by 22 to 23 people causing them to consistently fail at something through no fault of their own. Even PvP, with all its problems, is much more fun with a small group of chums who stick together and consider the bigger picture rather than just solo-queuing, zerging things, and hoping for the best.

The push toward raids and RBG's in Cataclysm caused a huge issue for casual players (note: the players that this game is made up from), particularly coming from WotLK with the huge number of dungeons and the currency-based PvE gearing that accompanied it. That was far more in line, in my view, with what a casual playerbase needs than holding a players hand through the guaranteed success of LFR.

Sadly, every expansion moves further and further away from that because this team are all raiders and want to justify the resources all being spent on it. As I've said multiple times on multiple threads, raiding is a niche activity and always was.

The prior team knew that, and we got Wrath of the Lich King.

The current team don't know that, and we get Casterclysm and Mists of Kung-Fu Panda.

The result is a loss of four million players with Po and pals still to inflict its end-of-expansion lull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, it is possible for people, many people actually, to not think very highly of World of Warcraft. Those self same people may even consider other games in the genre superior due to their own subjective qualifiers. Qualifiers which are just as valid as the subjective qualifiers of those whom believe World of Warcraft is a "23 out of 10".

THIS!

My days of giving a shit about heroic progression have come and gone. Now I'd just like some content I can do with my small group of 4-5 friends. Flex has been good for that, more or less, but I'd really like some good small group content. I have more fun goofing off in Ulduar/ICC and farming bloody coins than raiding anymore. Challenge Modes are probably my favorite thing.
    Last edited by crunk; 2014-02-07 at 01:38 PM.

I tend to find that LFR groups do better in the maze when you explain to them that when the beam comes out it will rotate in the direction of where the purple first spawns. If it spawns on the left side of the beam you need to go to the left and the beam will follow, if it spawns on the right you need to go to the right and the beam will follow.
    About half of the dead will be the melee dps who are behind the boss and in the purple when it spawns, and they need to be out front to be safe from the purple and to know which direction to move in.

It requires that melee stop doing what they have been trained to do, melee from behind, to step out front and figure out which direction to move in and it goes against their nature to do it. Kind of like how on the towers of Galakras the best way for the tank to avoid the cone attacks is to walk through the mob but the brain tells you to go around because you think that boss occupies a physical space.