Siegecrafter Abilities on Mistweavers

I dunno if I have just been ridiculously lucky or what, but I never seem to get targets by saw blades or lasers on Heroic Siegecrafter ( and this is into wipe number 100). Is it just luck or wont I get targeted by those things as we are considered "Melee"?

Would be handy to know as it would perhaps allow me to relax a bit more and keep an eye on other things like movement and peoples health.

Yes MW are melee for every fight. No, melee do not get targeted by lasers or saw blades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Yes MW are melee for every fight. No, melee do not get targeted by lasers or saw blades.
    MW's do get targetted by saw blades, just very rarely. I haven't been able to figure out what triggered it, but I've been targetted by saw blades I believe on two different kills. This was on heroic with me stacked out in ranged with 1 healer and 1 more ranged. 2 people were on belts, tanks + 1 melee were on the boss. I think another ranged was kiting lasers and one was dead.

Sawblades are one of those mechanics where melee can be targeted but only under exceptional circumstances. We've had our DK in melee range, get targeted by a sawblade, because there were no viable ranged targets (alive/on platform). Even I was alive and I wasn't chosen for it over him.
    We've never had a melee targeted with lasers, but it's probably the same case. You shouldn't worry about it, since if all ranged are dead it's a wipe, or maybe a last man standing kill.
    They do tend to build in safety nets to ensure you don't bring 2 MWs and all melee dps to a fight just to completely negate 50% of the mechanics.

Edit: Hm, though that doesn't explain st33l's situation! Maybe it's positional, then, like desecrated weapon.
    Last edited by Liff; 2014-01-21 at 09:23 AM.
    =
    Bowick
    Mistweaver Monk

Officer @ The Raven Council - EU

Deleted
    Been killing it for weeks now never had a saw blade or laser at all. Only time I can see it choosing you would be if you had full melee.. then it would choose any melee at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liff View Post
    Sawblades are one of those mechanics where melee can be targeted but only under exceptional circumstances. We've had our DK in melee range, get targeted by a sawblade, because there were no viable ranged targets (alive/on platform). Even I was alive and I wasn't chosen for it over him.
    We've never had a melee targeted with lasers, but it's probably the same case. You shouldn't worry about it, since if all ranged are dead it's a wipe, or maybe a last man standing kill.
    They do tend to build in safety nets to ensure you don't bring 2 MWs and all melee dps to a fight just to completely negate 50% of the mechanics.

Edit: Hm, though that doesn't explain st33l's situation! Maybe it's positional, then, like desecrated weapon.
    Though, after the initial part of the fight, where I try to unload about 15mil of damage into the boss with my procs etc, I mostly stay at range (we do the approach where we let crawler mines go every time, so being in melee is just shitty). Even though, I almost never get targeted by saw blades while people all around me get them left, right and center.

Which is why it is quite confounding that I did get the saw blade those few times when it made no sense.
    I treat the mechanic now as something "shouldn't" have to worry about, but be ready to deal with just in case it does target me.

Edit: So been killing it five weeks now, it has happened maybe a total of 5 times? Its just that 2 out of those five were actually kills, so I could go back and verify that it did happen. I'll hunt around to see if I can find a video for that particular fight.
    Last edited by st33l; 2014-01-21 at 09:58 AM.

Most "melee only" mechanics still have a chance to target you at range. Bosses generally have like an umbrella around them where melee specs will not get targeted if they are inside, but if they are outside then they can be targeted. Standing out with the ranged and just magically not getting hit by things happened in T14 and T15, but from what I've seen T16 doesn't really work like that anymore.