Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    I've never had an issue with them. I must have sent in 40 or so over the past 15 years. I just follow the instructions and track them.
    This. I've claimed at least 10 MIR over the past five years and I've never had an issue, just follow the instructions.

It is worth noting that often times MIR are handled by the seller (e.g. Newegg) and not the manufacturer, so I wouldn't necessarily blame ASRock or any other company.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2014-01-21 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    How do you know it was declined if they didn't contact you?

I've only had a couple declined before... if they do, they tell you. If they don't, they either A) Didn't receive it (mail problem, contact them), or B) you didn't get the decline letter (mail problem, contact them).

Simply waiting, not getting anything, and complaining, guarantees you wont get a rebate.
    They contacted me to say: you have registered for a mail in rebate follow these steps and at the bottom it says click here to see status. I logged on the rebate website to check status (pending would have been normal) it was Disqualified.

Looked through my empty email of empty and they never noticed me. I emailed them right away and they said disqualified because the postmarked date wasn't within 10 days of purchase. I checked my vuugo bill, invoice 11/25/2013 and I posted all my rebate claim on 11/30/2013. Had them all postmarked at the same post office at the same time. Other mail in rebates had the same law of postmark within 10 days and were accepted but apparently vuugo or Asrock can't read dates.

now I just remembered that they might have used the French way of writing a date since I live in quebec which would be year/month/date or date/month/year instead of month/day/year. And I guess that could be hard to understand for mentally challenged rebate workers but why would the 3 other be accepted?

My experience with mail-in rebates is that they are huge crocks. I still love newegg and buy stuff from there all the time, but I never factor in rebates when making purchasing decisions anymore. OP's "1 out of 4" situation is better than what I got when I built my PC.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-01-22 at 01:58 AM.