View Poll Results: Would you pay 99 cents for a 240 main stat epic gem or a 450 secondary stat epic gem?

Voters
721. This poll is closed
  • Yes

56 7.77%
  • No

665 92.23%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post

What are you talking about?
    You provided an example where you could either purchase Epic Gems from the in-game store for 99 Cents per gem or via 50 Primal Diamonds. Every Legendary Meta-gem costs 5 Primal Diamonds to purchase. 50/5 = 10. That's a pretty ridiculous hypothetical to even consider taking seriously.

I'm in favor of this idea. In fact, they should start selling gear sets for people who don't have time to grind for them.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to slowly back away now and leave this thread forever....

Add anything that isn't a flavor item to the store and watch subs cut by 50% ++ over night.

Smells of a bait thread but it still needs to be pointed out in case anyone agrees with op. Pay to win is the death of any MMO.

The day Blizz starts doing that, is the day I leave the game.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd delete everything in my WoW account if that ever happened fuck that.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    You provided an example where you could either purchase Epic Gems from the in-game store for 99 Cents per gem or via 50 Primal Diamonds. Every Legendary Meta-gem costs 5 Primal Diamonds to purchase. 50/5 = 10. That's a pretty ridiculous hypothetical to even consider taking seriously.
    Fine. Substitute in 10 Primal Diamonds then. I was basing my example on F2P game I had dabbled with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    The day Blizz starts doing that, is the day I leave the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
    I'd delete everything in my WoW account if that ever happened fuck that.
    Talk is cheap.

5000g that when Blizzard announces something like that, you guys will be "Oh! My body is ready!".

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hah I'll fucking give you 1,651,115g which is what I have in terms of gold I have if they do that, Go ahead knock yourself out.

No thanks, the game is already way too much p2w.

Fine. Substitute in 10 Primal Diamonds then. I was basing my example on F2P game I had dabbled with.
    Making them cost any Primals is essentially saying that they're comparable to the legendary meta, which clearly isn't the case. But yes, I get what you're trying to do by contrasting the absurd in-game options with the cash store option typical of free-to-play.

Nope, this wouldnt work, mainly because of p2w logic

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    This idea just popped in my head.

Would you be ok if Blizz sold epic gems if the Blizz store had them at the end of an expansion? For 99 cents you could get a 240 main stat gem or a 450 secondary stat gem. I could see ALOT of raiders put these in BIS gear. If I still raided and cared about min/maxing like I used to, I would definitely buy these for hardmode gear in a heartbeat. Now before people scream "Pay to win no no no no!", it really doesn't make that much of a difference in the end. Someone in a full BIS set versus someone in a full BIS set with epic gems will have maybe... less then 1000 more strength, if that, which isn't going to make or break anything.

It would probably only take Blizz a day or two to develop and implement them also, so the profit margin would be huge. Every member of any serious raiding guild would buy these and they would make a killing.

Thoughts?
    They're more likely to quit the game forever. By the end of an expansion, unless you mean in the beginning of the last patch, all heroic raiders will have finished all their progression. No serious guild will have any use for them if they're available after the first few weeks, and if they're available the day the patch launches they will be forced to buy them.
    This isn't a pay to win game.
    This is a terrible idea, and you really didn't even think it through.
    The profit margin wouldn't be huge because there would be no profit. There would be a loss of profit because there would be a loss of subscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post

Every member of any serious raiding guild would have to buy these and they would make a killing.

Thoughts?
    FTFY

Pay-to-win = Blizzard will never implement
    You just lost The Game

How about this, item to make epic gem for $1 and has a 50% chance to fail

Come on people, stop trying to turn wow into Pay-2-Win

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
    Hah I'll fucking give you 1,651,115g which is what I have in terms of gold I have if they do that, Go ahead knock yourself out.
    Woohoo, I will be WoW rich.

Remember when they said they will never sell anything via a store?
    Remember when people said they will never sell levels?

Your faith is misplaced my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    No thanks, the game is already way too much p2w.
    Might as well go all the way ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Making them cost any Primals is essentially saying that they're comparable to the legendary meta, which clearly isn't the case. But yes, I get what you're trying to do by contrasting the absurd in-game options with the cash store option typical of free-to-play.
    I have seen my share of games that have "gems" as currency - i.e. "layering" in industry jargon. Sure those gems can be earned in-game, but the amount of effort is just plain mental - than again those are asian games; mental level grinds are par for the course. But of course, for a low low price of a dollar they can sell you a small sack of gems ...

Ultra slippery slope here for WoW.

Those kind of games, basically charge you to remove a problem they created ...

Deleted
    Delete this thread before blizzard get ideas

Why would you support this? This would ruin the Jewelcrafting profession.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Well, obvious bait thread, but buying in game items for real money is never a good thing, compared to in game gold.

We have to few and unappealing gold sinks as it is already.
    Mounts and pets are fine to me as they really don't effect in game stats while raiding or pvping. But putting stat items for sell in the store would devalue the game. Plus I don't think buying anything with stats for real money is worth it. I also don't think Blizz would do this, they're not that stupid.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    Why would you support this? This would ruin the Jewelcrafting profession.

- - - Updated - - -

Mounts and pets are fine to me as they really don't effect in game stats while raiding or pvping. But putting stat items for sell in the store would devalue the game. Plus I don't think buying anything with stats for real money is worth it. I also don't think Blizz would do this, they're not that stupid.
    I think we have gotten our message across via these sternly worded forum posts. Blizzard definitely won't do it now.

I think we have gotten our message across via these sternly worded forum posts. Blizzard definitely won't do it now.
    I suspect that our posts have little (if any) bearing on what Blizzard does and doesn't do. I simply don't think that Blizzard will do this because it's not in their best interest at this time. 10 years down the road? Maybe, but I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Deleted
    This is the most stupid idea i've saw on these threads so far...