Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Thought it was pretty good except for John Silver... He is supposed to pretty much be the devil, not some happy go lucky swashbuckler type. Silver was the only man Flint feared and he even named his parrot Flint to mock the captain. Silver is cold and calculating.
    Yes. But he's still young. I'm waiting to see how he arrives at "Long" John Silver.

Seeing as they're weaving some real history into the story, I can 99% predict what will happen in general with the ship Flynt covets. But I'm not going to spoil anything. (and I could always be wrong)

Will be enjoyable to watch their take on some of the larger (and established) events that take place with the real world pirates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Will be enjoyable to watch their take on some of the larger (and established) events that take place with the real world pirates.
    is that the angle they will be going for, or will they just make stuff up though?
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I love Spartacus. 1st episode of this was meh.
    Yeah this, I was expecting Spartacus 2.0 too or at least a strong "piraty" atmosphere (Pirates of the Caribbean without the magic) but the first episode could have happened anywhere really and could have belonged to a show that has nothing to do with pirates at all. But it's too early to say yet.

Deleted
    TV show about Pirates ?
    Yarrrrrr Shivver me timbars! I be enjoying that !

Just watched episode 1...

I actually REALLY liked it, there wasn't a single moment where I was bored. Can't wait for the next episode. I really like John Silver, sad to hear that he would become one of the bad guys
    \

boring show ,predictable and uninspired...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wollveren View Post

I actually REALLY liked it, there wasn't a single moment where I was bored. Can't wait for the next episode. I really like John Silver, sad to hear that he would become one of the bad guys
    He wasn't a bad guy in the book, I think.. just a few shades darker than your average rogue with a heart of gold.
    Last edited by mmocc089ef6a74; 2014-02-02 at 12:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    is that the angle they will be going for, or will they just make stuff up though?
    Oh, I'm sure they'll play fast and loose with the truth. But there's a few events that are large enough to be worked in. That "happy" trio of Rackham, Bonny and Vane for instance...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wollveren View Post

I never saw him as "bad" in Treasure Island exactly. More like amoral and dangerous if you found yourself on the wrong side of him.

Deleted
    first episode not bad at all i will give a feedback in few more !

Spartacus is one of my favourite shows of all time but to be honest: I think it had a bad start. Maybe this show will, eventually, also become better. Spartacus + Pirates = interesting if they could pull that off.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    I think they chose the wrong actor to portray Vane, but other than that I've loved everything about the first 2 episodes! The first episode started out a bit slow but once you get past the first few minutes it gets good really fast.
    I'm ok with Vane. Younger than I'd expect, but he plays sociopath just fine.

Rackham and Bonny both have me scratching my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    I think they chose the wrong actor to portray Vane, but other than that I've loved everything about the first 2 episodes! The first episode started out a bit slow but once you get past the first few minutes it gets good really fast.
    I keep seeing him as "Chody" (Jody) from Shameless. It's a bit difficult to take him seriously.

Really enjoying this show, and the believable conflicts between 'allies' that occur due to differing goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I keep seeing him as "Chody" (Jody) from Shameless. It's a bit difficult to take him seriously.
    OMG YES! That's where I've seen him from lol. I was like "he looks familiar." i really like the show. One of the complaints i hear from people is that its slow. Slower than The Walking Dead but I don't see it. I really enjoy watching this show. until reading this thread I actually thought it was just a made-up story of made-up pirates. Had no clue it's based on some known pirates.

It's a pretty good series. I still think it's too much about pretty-boys and pretty-girls with perfect teeth, but in general I think the costumes are pretty well done, as is the whole setting. I didn't entirely understand a comment about using condoms in the middle of one of the first episodes though, because as far as my history goes, the first condoms were used during the Industrial Revolution. To be frank, I'm not going to fact-check that right now, since I'm at work, but that's what memory currently tells me.

Apart from that, I'm very intrigued so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    It's a pretty good series. I still think it's too much about pretty-boys and pretty-girls with perfect teeth, but in general I think the costumes are pretty well done, as is the whole setting. I didn't entirely understand a comment about using condoms in the middle of one of the first episodes though, because as far as my history goes, the first condoms were used during the Industrial Revolution. To be frank, I'm not going to fact-check that right now, since I'm at work, but that's what memory currently tells me.

Apart from that, I'm very intrigued so far.
    pretty safe to say they were already readily available.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_condoms first written mention of condoms goes as far back as 1666

to comment on the show itself, i must say that i like it. 7.5/10. not afraid to show nudity which, as long as it supplements the story, is a good thing. finished the first season yesterday and i thoroughly enjoyed it.

quite curious to see how the captain (can't remember his name) is going to handle himself amongst the mutines crew now that they know he killed 3 of their crewmates/friends. the cook, even though he is only out for his own intrest, is basically his best friend now and he is almost forced to trust him.

found the agreement about the forts occupants a little far fetched, especially if there are 300 guys ready to kill Vain and his mates. leads to believe that the woman in charge (im so incredibly bad with names) still fancies him.

all n all, i will be watching the 2nd season. it isn't the best series ive ever seen, but it is quite high on my list.
    Last edited by Mteq; 2014-03-19 at 11:01 AM.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    quite curious to see how the captain (can't remember his name) is going to handle himself amongst the mutines crew now that they know he killed 3 of their crewmates/friends. the cook, even though he is only out for his own intrest, is basically his best friend now and he is almost forced to trust him.

found the agreement about the forts occupants a little far fetched, especially if there are 300 guys ready to kill Vain and his mates. leads to believe that the woman in charge (im so incredibly bad with names) still fancies him.

after the battle with the spanish ship flynt is pretty much spared from mutiny since the only one left in charge of it it the quartermaster and with the ship they were after wrecked on the beach they will be very rich. I have a feeling Silver is going to learn a some lessons of subtlety from the cook.

As for Vain's hold on the fort, he twisted her arm by threatening to sink every ship in the harbor if provoked, and with Vain near apathy with what she does around the island its pretty convenient for her as she has one less person to negotiate with in regards to her anti-slave endevors (not sure if thats her intent only have seen the last episode)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinjan View Post

As for Vain's hold on the fort, he twisted her arm by threatening to sink every ship in the harbor if provoked, and with Vain near apathy with what she does around the island its pretty convenient for her as she has one less person to negotiate with in regards to her anti-slave endevors (not sure if thats her intent only have seen the last episode)
    yeah but that doesn't make sense. 300 guys vs 50ish in the fort. i doubt they would have time to sink even 1 ship. besides that, take a skeleton crew, sail them out of range. and charge the fort with the remaining folk. should be 200 guys still. and i know these ships took a lot more people than just 20-25 to go on a sailing trip, but we are talking about sailing out of the bay or out of range. you don't need full sails etc. for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    yeah but that doesn't make sense. 300 guys vs 50ish in the fort. i doubt they would have time to sink even 1 ship. besides that, take a skeleton crew, sail them out of range. and charge the fort with the remaining folk. should be 200 guys still. and i know these ships took a lot more people than just 20-25 to go on a sailing trip, but we are talking about sailing out of the bay or out of range. you don't need full sails etc. for that.
    its really just an alliance of convenience, he gets rich and she doesnt have to run anything by him, its also a fort so force multiplier and all not to mention the undue harm on the town if they were to turn the sights there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinjan View Post
    its really just an alliance of convenience, he gets rich and she doesnt have to run anything by him, its also a fort so force multiplier and all not to mention the undue harm on the town if they were to turn the sights there
    but now, she's still not in charge, which she so desperately seems to want. she even decided it was time to get rid of her own father....guess we'll see in season 2