[Resto] Moving from 10 heroic to 25 heroic

Hey guys, I've recently switched guilds from a 10 man to a 25 man environment in preparation for WoD. I was wondering if you guys had any tips for me. I'm not talking about spell usage or particular strats. I'm more interested in knowing if I should lower my spirit (currently at 13k spirit at 10/14 heroic moving into a 14/14 heroic 25 man), how often, if ever, I should bloom. Is NV stronger in 25 due to the amount of splash or it is not even worth it most of the time? Or is it like 10 man where it has it's time to shine but shouldn't be taken 100% of the time? I know there are a few other threads about this subject but I'd like something a bit more up to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Deleted
    I have done both formats and i can honestly say if you have like a disc or 2 on 25man you can just stand there and do nothing. 1 spell of them will do more you will ever need to do. You dont need any spirit, just go alot lower then 10man. Overall you can try out alot since on 25man this fight is not a healer check. If you did it on 10man, you are gonna be more then fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Miscam View Post
    I have done both formats and i can honestly say if you have like a disc or 2 on 25man you can just stand there and do nothing. 1 spell of them will do more you will ever need to do. You dont need any spirit, just go alot lower then 10man. Overall you can try out alot since on 25man this fight is not a healer check. If you did it on 10man, you are gonna be more then fine.
    I've heard disc priests weaken as the amount of people go up due to the fact that they are unable to get strong spirit shells up on the entire raid. Added to this, we are going to be underhealing everything since they have it on farm. Would you suggest 12k? 11? Obviously I'll find out a bit more tonight after raid but I want to be as prepared as possible.
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

He's right with the amount of bubbles that may be going out, you'll mianly just be around for big cd's and useful for high movement fights. If you're rocking the trinket from Siegecrafter ~12k-13k should be plenty.

Idk that seems illogical. There are a few fights where a disc would be an obvious winner (Heroic Sha of Pride, Galakras...) but there's absolutely no way a disc is going to shit on all of the other healers on all of the other fights. I guess I'll just have to wing it. Thanks for the help so far.

Jordaen, I also raid both formats, with 2 different druids.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...drood/advanced <-- this is my 10 man druid

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...druid/advanced <-- and this is my 25 man druid

As you can see, both of my druids are similarly geared. Your spirit requirements are probably not going to change unless the 14/14H group is still working on some of the fights (cleaning up mechanics, etc) or you drastically change your healing style, or they are somehow worse at mechanics than your 10 man team. What I would suggest is to leave your spirit where it is now until you do a full clear with them and see where you stand as far as needing more or less.

As far as bloom, I am not sure which you are referring to, so I will cover both:

WM: Bloom is still as strong as it is on 10 - the only difference between 10 and 25 is that in 25 it will do substantially less over healing depending on how many are standing in it when you blow it up.

Lifebloom works the same in 25 as it does in 10. It is still important to keep it up, however you have much more flexibility on who you decide needs it more. 90% of the time it will be on the active tank. However there are some fights where you may be placed at a distance from the tanks to heal a group of DPS (immerseus, thok) and are out of range of the tanks. In these cases it is important to keep it rolling, but most of the time it is left to you who needs it most.

NV is just as strong in 25 as it is in 10's, and honestly HoTW is just as strong as NV for the majority of the fights, so it is really user preference. My preference is NV. The cleave is only single target - but there are more targets for it to choose from to heal. The only fight I don't use NV on is Malkorok - and that is because it does absolutely nothing on that fight except give you 12% burst healing for 30 seconds. In this case I use HoTW because the healing bonus is up for the entirety of blood rage, and about 10 seconds after blood rage ends - allowing you to get off a 2nd tranquility with HoTW up (if you use tranquility at the start of the fight to get shields up on everyone, blood rage happens about 2:30 into the cool down, and ends as the cool down comes up).

I hate giving advice about 25's as I am still fairly new to healing them for this expansion (started when SoO came out) and we tend to throw healers at progression in our 25 man to deal with mechanics people are bad at, but I figured I would share what I have learned so far. I hope it helps.

Drood, thanks for the response. It's hard to break out of my habit of keeping LB up on tank and using SM on the tank more often than not. There are so many heals flying around that the tanks hardly even need any attention. 25 man is a lot more loose than 10 man and it's so disconcerting so I appreciate your armories to help guide some changes. I ended up moving from 13k spirit to 14.5k until I get used to it all.

As for the other two responses, I retract my statements about disc priests. After tonight's raid I hate being a 25 druid healer. I realize it's my first night in a 25 raid but dear fucking god absorbs are so stupid.