Deleted

Any healbot users? Which spells for which buttons?

I'm leveling a resto shaman alt for casual play, using healbot. I am curious - how do others using healbot assign their spells to the buttons? For example, on my disc priest alt, I have left click as flash heal as that's my emergency heal and right click to penance, as I use that pretty much on CD. Then with shift+, I assign my next two commonly used spells, ctrl+ and alt+ get the slightly less commonly used ones. I confess I don't even bother to bind the spell "heal", as I'd prefer to use atonement or some better direct heal.

With my resto shaman being only level 45, it's not a pressing issue as I don't have a lot of healing spells. At the moment, it's:

Left: Healing surge
    Right: Riptide
    Shift left: Earthen shield
    Shift right: Chain heal
    Ctrl and alt ... TBD

Like with my disc priest's heal spell, I am having trouble justifying the use of healing wave. They both take so long to heal so little. At level 45 with full heirlooms, I am spoilt for mana though.

Pssst. Switch to VuhDo!

OT:

Left Click: Healing Wave --- Heal
    Shift+Left Click: Riptide --- Power Word: Shield
    Right Click: Greater Healing Wave --- Greater Heal
    Shift+Right Click: Healing Surge --- Flash Heal
    NP1: Chain Heal --- Penance(Circle of Healing)
    NP2: Unleash Elements --- Prayer of Mending
    NP3: Earth Shield --- Leap of Faith
    NP4: Gift of the Naaru --- Pain Suppression

*NP = Numpad, i.e. Razer Naga.

I use similar binds across all my healers, except NP4 is normally an external CD, e.g. Pain Suppression.

It gets/feels better when you get Tidal Waves, but at low level you can literally spam Healing Surge or Chain Heal and never go OOM. Even at 90 you still won't use Healing Wave that much because it wastes Tidal Waves - and you won't ever use Heal as Disc as in that time you could be benefiting from Atonement.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-01-21 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Added Priest binds too.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's best to keep spells that look alike on the same controls. (I use Vuhdo, but the idea is the same).

But here is my set-up

Left click: Healing Wave
    Right click: greater healing Wave
    Shift+Left cick: Healing Surge
    Shift+Right click: Cleanse Spirit
    Alt+Right click: Riptide
    Mousebutton 4: Chainheal
    Shift+MB4: Unleash Weapon
    Alt+MB4: Earthshield
    "R" keybind: Healing Rain
    "Shift+C" keybind: Spirit Walkers Grace
    "F" keybind: Interrupt
    "Shift+F" keybind: Purge
    Shift+Mousewheel down: Ghostwolf

The last 4 are not healing related but still very usefull.
    Last edited by Mietsch; 2014-01-24 at 12:31 PM.

Deleted
    My logic currently is that "Left Click - Singletarget heal", "Middle click - Instant Spells" and "Right Click - AoE healing"

As such my current setup looks like:

No mod -
    Left click: Greater Healing Wave
    Middle Click - Riptide
    Right Click - Healing Rain

Shift modifier -
    Left Click - Healing Surge
    Middle Click - Unleash Elements
    Right Click - Chain Heal

Ctrl Modifier - (Misc. tab, so to speak)
    Left Click - Healing Wave
    Middle Click - Earth Shield
    Right Click - Purify Spirit

And then my "Alt+Left Click" is "Target" - It's nice to have

using these clicking addons is bad, all you need is mouseover macros and keybinds and you can heal better than any addon, also helps to have 12 extra buttons on the side of your mouse for the occasional abilities you don't use often but are just a thumb press away.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use Clique.

Left: Healing Wave
    Right: Greater Healing Wave
    Shift Left: Chain Heal
    Shift Right: Healing Surge
    Middle: Earth Shield
    Mouse Button 1: Riptide
    Mouse Button 2: Dispell
    Side Button: Ghost Wolf

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    using these clicking addons is bad, all you need is mouseover macros and keybinds and you can heal better than any addon, also helps to have 12 extra buttons on the side of your mouse for the occasional abilities you don't use often but are just a thumb press away.
    That's subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    That's subjective.
    its not subjective by definition clicking is bad, other problems with it is excessive clicking can increase chance of getting Repetitive strain injury which clicking lots will cause this, anything that involves clicking means bad play.

To play 100% effectively you need to use keybinds.

10+ Year Old Account
    its not subjective by definition clicking is bad, other problems with it is excessive clicking can increase chance of getting Repetitive strain injury which clicking lots will cause this, anything that involves clicking means bad play.

Oh lawd, we're talking about gaming-related injuries now.

As a PvP healer, I just mash the hell out of buttons instead of the mouse, so I guess either way my fingers are fucked.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

Deleted

Calling BS here - What is the difference between repetitive clicking and repetitive mashing a button?

This just sounds like some crap an elitist thought up to further his argument back in the days of Clicking vs Keybinds

Deleted

Woooooo horsey, link to proof pls? I can't not describe to you how much I disagree with your sweeping statement.

Imo to play 100% effectively you use a combination of clicking and keybinds.

Back On Topic:-

I don't use healbot (I use VuhDo and I suggest you check it out) but same principle

Unit Frame Clicking/Mouseover Macros
    Left Click - Healing Wave
    Shift Left Click - Greater Healing Wave
    Alt Left Click - Healing Surge
    Shift Alt Left Click - Target

Right Click - Riptide
    Shift Right Click - Chain Heal
    Shift Alt Right Click - Focus

R - Purify Spirit
    F - Focus & Earth Shield
    Shift F - Water Walking

Direct Keybinds
    1 - Healing Stream Totem/Synapse Springs Macro
    2 - Recast Earth Shield on Focus Macro
    3 - Unleash Elements on Focus Macro
    4 - Healing Tide
    5 - Ascendance
    Q - Lighting Bolt
    E - Healing Rain

Shift 1 - Mana Pot
    Shift 2 - Mana Tide Totem
    Shift 3 - Trinket 1
    Shift 4 - Trinket 2
    Shift 5 - Spirt Link Totem
    Shift Q - Totemic Recall
    Shift E - Spirit Walkers Grace

Side Button 1 - Stone Bulwark Totem
    Shift Side Button 1 - Stop Casting/Wind Shear Macro
    Alt Side Button 1 - Synapse Springs

Side Button 2 - Ancestral Swiftness
    Shift Side Button 2 - Stop Casting/Purge Macro
    Alt Side Button 2 - Engineering Cloak

Middle Button - Ghost Wolf
    Shift Middle Button - Goblin Rocket Jump
    Alt Middle Button - Engineering Belt

I do have other less used/longer cooldown stuff like Fire Elemental Totem, Tremor Totem etc on a massive Bartender Bar left of my healing frames for easy clicking.
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2014-01-24 at 11:26 AM.

Deleted
    i play a combination of klicking on blizz standard ui frames and HB (i do hawe totem timer for my totems)
    left mous-riptid
    left shift+clickHealing Surge
    middle mous Chain heal
    middle shift+click Earth Shield
    Right mous click Greater healing wave
    right shift+click Healing Wave

i pre buff tanks with healing wave and if my mana totem is on cd and i hawe lowe mana of some reason
    Healing wave is super
    hop this will help u

I sort of agrea with other ppl u shuld go with some addon that dont lagg u out that mutch
    but i like my HB and i cant get any other addon set the way i like tho many ppl tryd help me with it

10+ Year Old Account

I'm really sure that you haven't tried any of these addons. With this addon you're using mousover AND keybinding, you're not being a 'clicker'.

Using addon software is bad! You should use addon hardware instead!

Either are fine. This was silly.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    Calling BS here - What is the difference between repetitive clicking and repetitive mashing a button?

This just sounds like some crap an elitist thought up to further his argument back in the days of Clicking vs Keybinds
    these addons involve clicking which is less effective than straight up mouseover macros, with pure mouseover macros you can have whatever you want targeted and heal without losing that target, having to reaquire that target waste gcds, example im a disc priest and i don't want to click of my atonement target therfor using pure mouseover doesn't require losing the target wasting time, also clicking is slower overall than just using keybinds. Anything that involves lots of clicking wastes gcds and while it may not make much difference overall it could mean that someone is healed fast enough that they won't die.

All you need is a configured grid and mouseover macros to heal and you will be much more effective than the run of the mill healer with these crappy addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Woooooo horsey, link to proof pls? I can't not describe to you how much I disagree with your sweeping statement.

Imo to play 100% effectively you use a combination of clicking and keybinds.
    clicking in general is bad, wastes time and effectiveness, you never ever need to click at all, you can setup your keybinds fully to cover everything you need without the need to ever click.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2014-01-24 at 11:41 PM.

Deleted
    Yay, TL2 / 2H dps Engineer. I'm also using Healing Bot. It's a good support skill with that sexy, blue Force Field.

these addons involve clicking which is less effective than straight up mouseover macros, with pure mouseover macros you can have whatever you want targeted and heal without losing that target, having to reaquire that target waste gcds
    These addons don't change your target. And, if they did, changing targets doesn't invoke the GCD.

A click and a keypress are equivalent.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    These addons don't change your target. And, if they did, changing targets doesn't invoke the GCD.

A click and a keypress are equivalent.
    Totally agree, I have healed for years, use mouseover macros and healing addon, Hekilis is right. If I use a raid frame for healing with mouseover macros or grid/vuhdo/healbot, in principle it is the same. U can even add in razer naga mouses with 12 buttons at side, its just amazing. so ye, I use mouseover macros combine with vuhdo+ razer 12 button, and its verry efficient to heal this way.
    A healing addon is a Raid frame but it does so mutch more for u than a standard Raidframe would dowith mouseover macros.

these addons involve clicking which is less effective than straight up mouseover macros, with pure mouseover macros you can have whatever you want targeted and heal without losing that target, having to reaquire that target waste gcds, example im a disc priest and i don't want to click of my atonement target therfor using pure mouseover doesn't require losing the target wasting time, also clicking is slower overall than just using keybinds. Anything that involves lots of clicking wastes gcds and while it may not make much difference overall it could mean that someone is healed fast enough that they won't die.

All you need is a configured grid and mouseover macros to heal and you will be much more effective than the run of the mill healer with these crappy addons.

clicking in general is bad, wastes time and effectiveness, you never ever need to click at all, you can setup your keybinds fully to cover everything you need without the need to ever click.
    So what u say here is that u still click no matter what u try to say here, u mouseover your target use the macro for the abillitie u want on your grid that are a healing frame(addon) so u use a click on that prosess (with your keyboard, mouse or extra button on side of mouse).

To inform u, it is exactly what healbot/vuhdo do and grid u useing ^^ The thing here is or what u should get to the point is, that mouseover target macoes with and abillitie linked to it is 2 prosesses and that take a lil bit more time for the system to prosess, but still just 1 click as a mouseover macro would do.
    But all this healing addons like grid/vuhdo/healbot have a choice to not use the midt prosess of targeting but only use the mouseover macro funktion. So dont go all ballistic and stay open for other ways of doing things, wow actually have evolved a lot in all this years. And also maybe put yourself into other addons would maybe enlight u in the prosess of how other addons than your grid works, they all are good, today its more about what heal addon u prefere since they all are equal and works around the mouseover macro prinsipp and customizable. So it all ends up being personal preferences.
    Last edited by Tahsou; 2014-01-25 at 12:53 AM.

sir, you obviously never tried one of these addons since you have no clue how they work not gonna explain as others above me did already.

Iam playing my shamy since the start of BC, all 3 speccs and lack of keybinds was always issue cause shamans got like million spells (now i got like 45keybinds or so) and keeping them logicaly and comfortably arranged around all specs was such a pain...especially heals were annoying cause only 1 specc used all of them but all the speccs share dmg abilities. Not even talking about the lack of space for macros. So one day i downloaded Healbot and never looked back its amazing and great is that you can customize the looks and everything.

My HB binds:

No Mod:
    Left - Healing Surge
    Middle - Chain Heal
    Right - Greater Healing Wave
    Button4 - Gift of the Naaru
    Button5 - Target

Shift:
    Left - Dispell
    Middle - Earth Shield
    Right - Riptide
    Button4 - not binded atm
    Button5 - Focus
    Mouse wheel up - Random mount
    Mouse wheel down - Random pet

Ctrl:
    Left - Healing Wave
    Middle - Natureswift heal macro
    Right - Unleash Elements

do not have binded sidebuttos with modifiers on HB so much cause shamy doesnt really have that much spells to cast on allies, but on alts i do use them all.

Like this i can have all my normal dmg spells and totems on the same spot and keybind in all speccs. Not wasting macro slots and doesnt have to bother with crappy Grid or Blizz UI which need addons(lol) to work atleast abit like HB.

I am ignoring the first part of you post in which you clearly demonstrate your ignorance with the add on's in question. Clicking is, IMHO, a far more efficient way to play the game when healing. DPS is a different matter but for healing, it's definitely easier. A common situation is where you need to move and heal at the same time. Mouse turning while doing a "hover" and keybind is painful at best. Click healing offers you an extra alternative, you can keyboard turn in the same situation. My normal play style was to keep the boss in focus and then pop off the heals as I need them. An add on lick Vhudu tells you exactly what you need to know about the raid group, who needs to be cleansed, whether your ES has gone off the tank, etc. I can then interrupt the boss if need be or use something like TC to regen mana.

To the OP, I used to use Vhudu. Started playing again so I will start using it again. My prference was always for something like this:

Left Click - HW
    Shift Left click - Chain Heal
    Ctrl Left Click - Riptide
    Alt left Click - UE

Right Click - GHW
    Shift Right Click - Cleanse
    Ctrl Right Click - Earth Shield

Interrupt and Spirit Wolf I used to keep on a keybind.