Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fast Circuit for Leveling Your Battle Pet

I put together this guide which details a very efficient circuit for power leveling your lowbie pets from 1-25 in a short span of time and defeating all of the Pandaren trainers and Pandaren spirits with only two level 25s and a low-level pet:

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ling-your-pet/

Let me know what you guys think. Feedback and constructive criticism, as always, are appreciated.

I plan on working on alternate strategies and routes in the near future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will try this out soon, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but the fastest way is to farm Farmer Nishi over and over, leaving after your pet dings but before the quest gets counted.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    Sorry but the fastest way is to farm Farmer Nishi over and over, leaving after your pet dings but before the quest gets counted.
    Whatever you're on; I want some.

But no. And don't you imply that Farmer Nishi is a polygonal hussy like that!

Wow thanks for all the great info. my wife is a pet battle nut ill have to pass this on to her.

Some notes:

1. Courageous Yon-- Emerald Proto Whelp works out better than the Idol, but if you insist on the Anubisath Idol Stoneskin is better than Sandstorm since you don't flub your Crush accuracy even more than necessary. Not to mention you can refresh Stoneskin on the turn before it expires where Sandstorm you can't.

2. A lot of your strategies are overreliant on Dive hitting as opposed to Dive as an avoidance, and Dive is about as reliable as Crush.

3. There's no point to leveling two pets against a trainer at all.

Way cool! Thanks for posting this! SUper awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    Which is clearly not the intent of the design, which is the pure definition of exploiting a bug.

Sorry to tell you, but it's not the fastest way.
    this is the fastest way:

http://wowpetbattle.com/fourfights.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lumikor View Post
    this is the fastest way:

Four battles is indeed the fastest, but it needs to be stated that that method requires three items: Safari Hat, Pet Treat, Lesser Pet Treat

Quote Originally Posted by Lumikor View Post
    this is the fastest way:

Nice guide, although mine has a way to level a pet from 1-25 in arguably a quicker route/with trainers in closer proximity to one another.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainFapin View Post
    Way cool! Thanks for posting this! SUper awesome!
    Glad you enjoyed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Some notes:

1. Courageous Yon-- Emerald Proto Whelp works out better than the Idol, but if you insist on the Anubisath Idol Stoneskin is better than Sandstorm since you don't flub your Crush accuracy even more than necessary. Not to mention you can refresh Stoneskin on the turn before it expires where Sandstorm you can't.

2. A lot of your strategies are overreliant on Dive hitting as opposed to Dive as an avoidance, and Dive is about as reliable as Crush.

3. There's no point to leveling two pets against a trainer at all.
    1. I don't agree with you on Stoneskin Anubisath for Courageous Yon; although that version has its benefits, I like using Sandstorm Anubisath for this fight so I can switch out to a mechanical type when Yon brings out Bleat for a much quicker kill (Crush being ineffective against Beast-types) and still have the protection from Sandstorm for Bleat's Stampede move. (Stoneskin only protects AI.)

2. Dive has an 80% hit chance. Not the greatest -- but still hits more often than not. The pets I usually have employing the move are tanky enough to get away with a miss or two with Dive and still win the match.

3. Why not? Not that efficient if you were to have two Level 5s, but say you were leveling a Level 5 against Aki the Chosen and had a Level 20-24 pet in the last slot that could take out Aki's last pet, Whiskers. Why not level that one and kill two birds with one stone?

I'll try Emerald Proto-Whelp on Courageous Yon again though because alternate strats for the trainers is highly enjoyable for me; thanks for the comments!

Quote Originally Posted by Continuity View Post
    Four battles is indeed the fastest, but it needs to be stated that that method requires three items: Safari Hat, Pet Treat, Lesser Pet Treat
    The [Safari Hat] is obtained from beating 40 master pet tamers, the Lesser Treats from the Beasts of Fable quests, and the Pet Treats from Brawler's Pet Supplies, by the way, for anyone curious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for the guide!

It'll definitely be handy for some of us who want to play catch up and level our pets up.

Lets keep arguing out of the thread though. Thank you!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks to Lumikor. Even without treats or hat that guide will PL the pet to lvl 23-24 or so. That is the first of three " 1-25 in four Fights" Series. I created it to help people power level their pets to 25 while doing there dailies. The route and list of all 19 pet bags is on the site, it takes about an hour or so to do all 19 and power level 3 pets to 25 in the process. As for farmer nishi, as of 5.4 I use the Onyxian whelpling and a pet to power level off her. The whelpling solo's her. But Bionics is right, there are a variety of ways to power level pets across the realms. Anubisath's negation is very strong, as well as the proto-whelps. Two of my favorite pets! Hope it helps!

Elfuego,
    GET OWNED!
    Last edited by Demonichordes; 2014-02-01 at 01:54 AM. Reason: got an email

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    1. I don't agree with you on Stoneskin Anubisath for Courageous Yon; although that version has its benefits, I like using Sandstorm Anubisath for this fight so I can switch out to a mechanical type when Yon brings out Bleat for a much quicker kill (Crush being ineffective against Beast-types) and still have the protection from Sandstorm for Bleat's Stampede move. (Stoneskin only protects AI.)
    just use demolish that 2 shots the guy, and trust me 40% hit is not 40% not even close more like 70% i've done over 1000 pvp wins, i never saw 3 demolish misses in a row it just doesn't happen. unless the opponent has a dragon i use demolish due to it's bugged hit chance (i'm sure someone will come along and say rng is rng, but i've done 1k pvp wins 4k pve wins, of course not all with anubisath but yeh demolish rarely lets me down to the point i'm going to lose, more often than not it's lucky and 2-3 shots every beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    just use demolish that 2 shots the guy, and trust me 40% hit is not 40% not even close more like 70% i've done over 1000 pvp wins, i never saw 3 demolish misses in a row it just doesn't happen. unless the opponent has a dragon i use demolish due to it's bugged hit chance (i'm sure someone will come along and say rng is rng, but i've done 1k pvp wins 4k pve wins, of course not all with anubisath but yeh demolish rarely lets me down to the point i'm going to lose, more often than not it's lucky and 2-3 shots every beast.
    Interesting theory on Demolish hit chance being bugged... but I'd have to see more credible data than what you offered up, my friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    let me correct a few things but overall a great guide for those who recently started battling pets. i use a slightly (and easier for me) route to level battle pets everyday, 1 from level 1 to 25 and 1 or 2 from level 22+ to 25. get an anubisath idol, a pterrordax hatchling, a water strider of any kind, a clockwork gnome and if you can find get a scourged whelpling. all in all, this is how it goes :

1) start with aki the chosen ( anubisath can solo this trio but get an emergency level 25 of any type, flying pets preferred ) pick any pet that's not elemental (we will exploit sandstorm) and you can get it from 1 to 11 with safari hat on. start with sandstorm, change to your level 1 and use any ability, change to anubistah again. avoid stormlash's lightning storm with deflection, use sandstorm right after and he will go down easily.

2) head to kun lai - courageous yon - and make your now level 11 pet starter. eat the damage reduction and change to anubistah again till they all die. avoid usual stuff like burrow and chew.

3) head to townlong and fight against pandaren fire spirit. make anubisath idol as starter and if you miss the first crush reset combat. avoid fire spirit's first attack with deflection,if you couldnt kill him in time, use deflection again when there are 2 rounds left on immolate. last one is where you bring your now level 16 pet after a sandstorm and switch back to anubisath to finish it off.

4) stay at townlong and move to seeker zusshi. use anubisath as starter but get stone skin instead of sandstorm, deflect diamond's howling blast and use deflection on cd until he dies. mollus may be tricky but with a bit luck and clever use of abilities he usually dies fast enough. now the tricky part : bring your leveling pet after the water strider uses his soothe ability. if you had a dot from mollus all is fine but if you didnt, let your anubisath die and bring your leveling pet after pump hits and change it to your emergency pet right after. rest is plain and easy.

5) head to dread wastes - wastewalker shu - and use pterrordax hatchling as starter pet, keep anubisath as emergency this time.if you can get two 3 hit slicing winds in a row against crusher, use flight to avoid sandstorm of pounder and continue until it dies. bring in your leveling pet and then continue with anubisath until mutilator dies.

6) stay at dread wastes and head to pandaren water spirit. use the same pet combo as wastewalker shu and avoid whirlpool with flight. bring the leveling pet with water spirit and change to anubisath to avoid usual things. congratz, now your leveling pet is level 25 !

7) head to krasarang wilds - mo'ruk - and remember to change your now level 25 pet with something level 22+ or more. start with scourged whelpling, bring clockwork gnome to abuse life steal with turret, continue with scourged whelpling until it dies and bring your leveling pet to finish of the rest.

8) head to valley of the four winds - farmer nishi - and start with bonkers if you have it. if not, use anubisath idol and avoid solar beam at all costs. you can use sandstorm to cripple siren's self heals or abuse it to heal your humanoid pet to huge amounts. do not bring anyy mechanical pets because sunlight hurts them marginally. nothing too special after getting rid of siren.

9) head to jade forest - hyuna of the shrines - and use scourged whelpling as starter. use it until it dies and change to clockwork gnome. after fangor dies and getting hit by dor the wall's headbutt, you can even bring in a level 1 pet because he only attacks every 4 to 5 turns.

here we go, before battles we had 2 level 1 pets and 2 level 22+ pets. now we have 3 level 25 pets and 1 level 11 pet. enjoy !
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Thanks, will give it a try. I still haven't gotten into the battle pets thing. Not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    let me correct a few things but overall a great guide for those who recently started battling pets. i use a slightly (and easier for me) route to level battle pets everyday, 1 from level 1 to 25 and 1 or 2 from level 22+ to 25. get an anubisath idol, a pterrordax hatchling, a water strider of any kind, a clockwork gnome and if you can find get a scourged whelpling. all in all, this is how it goes :

1) start with aki the chosen ( anubisath can solo this trio but get an emergency level 25 of any type, flying pets preferred ) pick any pet that's not elemental (we will exploit sandstorm) and you can get it from 1 to 11 with safari hat on. start with sandstorm, change to your level 1 and use any ability, change to anubistah again. avoid stormlash's lightning storm with deflection, use sandstorm right after and he will go down easily.

2) head to kun lai - courageous yon - and make your now level 11 pet starter. eat the damage reduction and change to anubistah again till they all die. avoid usual stuff like burrow and chew.

3) head to townlong and fight against pandaren fire spirit. make anubisath idol as starter and if you miss the first crush reset combat. avoid fire spirit's first attack with deflection,if you couldnt kill him in time, use deflection again when there are 2 rounds left on immolate. last one is where you bring your now level 16 pet after a sandstorm and switch back to anubisath to finish it off.

4) stay at townlong and move to seeker zusshi. use anubisath as starter but get stone skin instead of sandstorm, deflect diamond's howling blast and use deflection on cd until he dies. mollus may be tricky but with a bit luck and clever use of abilities he usually dies fast enough. now the tricky part : bring your leveling pet after the water strider uses his soothe ability. if you had a dot from mollus all is fine but if you didnt, let your anubisath die and bring your leveling pet after pump hits and change it to your emergency pet right after. rest is plain and easy.

5) head to dread wastes - wastewalker shu - and use pterrordax hatchling as starter pet, keep anubisath as emergency this time.if you can get two 3 hit slicing winds in a row against crusher, use flight to avoid sandstorm of pounder and continue until it dies. bring in your leveling pet and then continue with anubisath until mutilator dies.

6) stay at dread wastes and head to pandaren water spirit. use the same pet combo as wastewalker shu and avoid whirlpool with flight. bring the leveling pet with water spirit and change to anubisath to avoid usual things. congratz, now your leveling pet is level 25 !

7) head to krasarang wilds - mo'ruk - and remember to change your now level 25 pet with something level 22+ or more. start with scourged whelpling, bring clockwork gnome to abuse life steal with turret, continue with scourged whelpling until it dies and bring your leveling pet to finish of the rest.

8) head to valley of the four winds - farmer nishi - and start with bonkers if you have it. if not, use anubisath idol and avoid solar beam at all costs. you can use sandstorm to cripple siren's self heals or abuse it to heal your humanoid pet to huge amounts. do not bring anyy mechanical pets because sunlight hurts them marginally. nothing too special after getting rid of siren.

9) head to jade forest - hyuna of the shrines - and use scourged whelpling as starter. use it until it dies and change to clockwork gnome. after fangor dies and getting hit by dor the wall's headbutt, you can even bring in a level 1 pet because he only attacks every 4 to 5 turns.

here we go, before battles we had 2 level 1 pets and 2 level 22+ pets. now we have 3 level 25 pets and 1 level 11 pet. enjoy !
    Nice circuit; I used to hit Courageous Yon right after Aki the Chosen, but I liked tackling the Earth Spirit first because he's literally right outside the Shrine of Two Moons in the Vale.

I'll test out some of your suggestions more extensively and see if there's a way to incorporate them into my guide. I'm always searching for more ways to two-pet conquer the trainers most effectively so thanks for posting.

I always start my circuit with Aki, then go up to earth, hit kun-lai and go counter clockwise around pandaria. Argent tourny hearth and take out Major Pane, portal to Shatt to do the DK, then clear all the cata tamers. I've gotten quick enough that I can do all the cata, pandaria and the master northrend/outlands tamer before my biscuits wear off.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.