Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzking View Post
    I get 120 fps in dungeons, between 60-70 fps in raids. Also on wow minimum = Intel® Pentium® D or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2
    Don‘t make this intel vs amd. Just looking for a decent processor fofr my system.
    Im not making it AMD v Intel as there is no comparison, Intel wins every time.
    However, to make a blanket statement that "Than your going to be stuck with sub-par performance because WoW hates AMD chips." is total crap.

Sure AMD's dont have the same performance, but they don't hate the game. Hating the game would mean that it would not work at all, or that its Performance hinders the game to such a point that it is unplayable.

Also, It would actually help to know what make and model the Mainboard is so we can get a better idea of how big of an upgrade you can actually do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    You got an answer... The answer is: if you want your computer to perform better in WoW, you're going to need to replace your CPU. Not only is your CPU outdated in general, but it wasn't even great for WoW when it was new. As of now (and the past 4-5 years), Intel CPUs are the better CPUs for World of Warcraft and gaming in general.

If you want to remain loyal to AMD CPUs for some perverse reason you're going to have to accept that you're knowingly choosing the lesser product.

Why would you have to replace your GPU? Are you under the impression that AMD video cards only work with AMD CPUs? That's a pretty common misconception among novices, but that's not the case, your GPU will work with an Intel compatible motherboard.
    My motherboard does.

- - - Updated - - -

This is so funny. People stuck on Intel vs Amd.

Intel is just better marketing. The hardware doesn‘t really change.
    This was already proven wrong by Majesticii, but here are more real world benchmarks (games are at the bottom) proving that Intel CPUs are better for gaming than AMD. What I linked is AMD's flagship CPU vs Intel's flagship CPU from the last generation and the Intel CPU still destroys the AMD CPU at gaming.

Same thing for Nvidia vs Amd for graphics. Who is better?
    90% of people say Nvidia. Is it really better? No.
    No one with a halfway decent knowledge of current hardware would say that. It depends on budget and application.

Frankly, Ive used both intel and amd, and have always found amd to be better quality in my experience.
    They're both fine in quality.

I am not asking for advice on which brand is the best.
    Just wondering what the basic hardware people have to run wow without any sort of issue.
    You asked what the "optimal" processor for WoW is. The answer is: Intel CPUs. This isn't about brand loyalty, it's about performance.

My motherboard does.
    ... Your motherboard does what, exactly?

No one is "stuck on Intel vs Amd". You asked a question and got the correct answer. If you don't like the answer, fine, but don't post like everyone in the thread is wrong.

If you want better performance in WoW you need to replace your CPU, right now Intel CPUs are better than AMD CPUs at gaming, the end. A nice i3 + compatible motherboard (which are the only two things you'd likely need to buy) costs ~$200-$300 USD.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2014-01-21 at 06:33 PM.

Deleted
    Get the model number of your motherboard using a program like Belarc or the likes and go check out the CPU compatibility FAQ on the manufacturers website. If it is a decent chipset (760G or above afaik) then you can flash the bios to run the Piledriver FX cpus and just pick one in your budget. I still believe you should look into the cheap i3 and motherboard option as it is a far superior set-up to the AMD offerings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you even so much as glance at the link i posted?
    http://anandtech.com/bench/CPU/62

10+ Year Old Account
    My motherboard does.

- - - Updated - - -

It is you who unfortunately is a blind amd drone and won't accept the fact that right now Intel is the better option for gaming in general. If you don't accept/dislike the answers that was given to you that's fine. Just don't blame on the ppl trying to HELP you by saying they are using the failed intel vs amd argument.
    "Everything is a manifestation of your own free will, for better or for ill."

My dad's been an AMD person for 15-20 years, but the simple fact of the matter is that AMD isn't even trying with gaming desktops anymore. Their latest CPUs, they didn't even release a CPU to compete with Intel, because Intel's stuff is just THAT much further ahead and the gaming market isn't worth their money and effort. So, for you to go AMD, you have to take an FX processor from late-2012 (FX-6300 or FX-8320) that will draw more power and run more slowly. I was personally ready to og with an FX6300 for my PC in December, but when I stopped and read articles and looked at benchmarks, I went with an i5-4670K myself.

But if you're ONLY willing to consider AMD for gaming (which I find silly, since AMD doesn't even consider AMD for desktop gaming anymore), and you're unwilling to replace your motherboard (the GPU isn't CPU/motherboard-dependent), you're going to have to give us a model/socket (download CPU-Z if you don't know it).

I'm gonna go ahead and close this - the question in the original post has been answered. Please don't ask for advice and then argue with those who give it.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2014-01-21 at 06:41 PM.